JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lets say hypothetically that some of you dont entirely trust your government :s0112: or just want a backup stash of useful items in the advent of disaster or house fire.

If you were burying a stash somewhere that would include basics like firearm, ammo, food, water, fire starters, valuables, etc.
what else would you throw in there?

Gold coins? Blow up doll? 10 pounds of gummy bears?
whatcha got?

lets say 10 years which limits battery operated devices (radios, etc)

AAE4A9EB-692B-425B-9548-A87F626F67C5.png

Every electronics hobbyist should have a large, rotating supply of spare batteries. I think it is even OK to openly store them in my own home.

A quirky sense of humor led to the following thoughts, sort of free-flow drift of consciousness . . . nothing that I'd seriously consider, of course:

I do drink a fair amount of beer, so that's why there's a shallow layer of bottle caps in the yard all around my front porch and back deck. I'm sincerely sorry if they interfere with metal detectors.

Since I don't even own an earth auger, it would be impossible for me to have deeply buried all those chunks of scrap metal everywhere on my land; must have been done by a previous property owner. Really, that many you say? Go figure.

What? You found one of those "ghost guns" buried in my neighbor's yard? Never would've thunk it; my goodness, he always put up campaign signs for far-left political candidates.

You want to bury it, here is what you use.

Screenshot_20210411-235444_Home Depot.jpg

Don't drill the holes, bury it. Have dry storage and inside something most people won't want to open the lid on.

If you feel inclined to bury bubblegum, keep it simple. Large diameter PVC pipe, threaded end caps, purple PVC sealing compound.

Stash?

Is that where clip-a-zines go? Or comic books?

Stash. Hmm. Nope not liking that terminology. Don't know why honestly.

Mayhaps because that term is simply making too much casual blase' light hearted -ness of what would be something EXTREMELY serious.

IMO.

Lets say hypothetically that some of you dont entirely trust your government :s0112: or just want a backup stash of useful items in the advent of disaster or house fire.

If you were burying a stash somewhere that would include basics like firearm, ammo, food, water, fire starters, valuables, etc.
what else would you throw in there?

Gold coins? Blow up doll? 10 pounds of gummy bears?
whatcha got?

lets say 10 years which limits battery operated devices (radios, etc)

View attachment 860199

I would approach this with the idea that I may need the stash coming to it while I am in my "street clothes" and carrying nothing. I.E., not looking for spares, but a basic survival setup because I had to bug out (or get home to my BOL) with nothing on my back.

Water filter/et. al. - something to carry acquire and store water in. Small, lightweight, won't degrade during storage.

Food - MH FD food - meal packs.

First aid kit.

Several knives.

Maybe guns and ammo. At least ammo.

A small lightweight inexpensive hydration pack with a bladder.

Tactical/battle belt and harness with holster for handgun.

Boots, socks, gaiters, foot powder. Gloves, balaclava, rain gear, treated ("tin cloth") ripstop OD green cargo pants and work shirt. Several different kinds of hats (winter and summer).

Shelter - a bivysack/shelter. Lightweight small emergency sleeping bag.

Eye protection. At least breathing filter masks, maybe a reusable P100 full face mask. A Tyvek suit.

Map and compass. Flashlight and Lithium batteries. Maybe an inexpensive multi-band HT TX/RX - I have found that the batteries in mine stay charged for quite a while - over a year.

I would approach this with the idea that I may need the stash coming to it while I am in my "street clothes" and carrying nothing. I.E., not looking for spares, but a basic survival setup because I had to bug out (or get home to my BOL) with nothing on my back.

Water filter/et. al. - something to carry acquire and store water in. Small, lightweight, won't degrade during storage.

First aid kit.

Several knives.

Boots, socks, gaiters, foot powder. Gloves, balaclava, rain gear, treated ("tin cloth") ripstop OD green cargo pants and work shirt. Several different kinds of hats (winter and summer).

Eye protection. At least breathing filter masks, maybe a reusable P100 full face mask. A Tyvek suit.

Map and compass. Flashlight and Lithium batteries. Maybe an inexpensive multi-band HT TX/RX - I have found that the batteries in mine stay charged for quite a while - over a year.
A good container I've used for smoker pellets year round in the weather is this thing, I would imagine it would do well buried as well, could hold a good bit of those supplies, especially if they were vacuum sealed.

First aid kit.

Several knives.

This is the info I was looking for. Thanks! I agree entirely

Stash?

Is that where clip-a-zines go? Or comic books?

Stash. Hmm. Nope not liking that terminology. Don't know why honestly.

Mayhaps because that term is simply making too much casual blase' light hearted -ness of what would be something EXTREMELY serious.

IMO.
I can call it my end of world anarchy has fallen over our dear home land government betrayed us time to rise up hiding spot if it helps

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top