JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
one thing people seem to fail to realize is that the visibly homeless and obnoxiously homeless that make up the drug addicted criminal and/or mentally ill homeless are the homeless that you see. the down-on-their-luck homeless dont beg, pitch tents in city parks, stand in shelter or soup kitchen lines, or accost people for change and cigarettes. they live in tucked away places, out of sight, away from the visibly homeless who prey on them as much as "us," trying to hold onto their pride while they struggle against multiple compounding hurtles to get back on their feet... or even on their feet to begin with, since a significant percentage of homeless begin their homelessness as minors.
There's like 8 of them. There was 9, until I got out of homelessness about a decade ago. The minors who are homeless just got started on dope early or ran away from home without a plan, either way, not necessarily folks we need contributing to the gene pool, I guess excluding those running from abuse.

its a construct argument, and feels like a convenient excuse to not have to help. "oh snap, NOT helping is actually better than actually helping? sign me up!"

its akin to praying for people in need/trouble, instead of actually doing something. oh, such a great help.thx.

but let's test the argument: where has leaving homeless or any socially disadvantaged to their own devices EVER facilitated improvement?

When you allow someone to stay comfortable within their weaknesses, they will wallow in it, plus you've completely missed what I was saying and are attempting (intentionally or not) to construct a "prove a negative" tactic to bolster your "feelings" on the matter.

Let's instead address empirical information since you're the one who's fired up to spend OTHER PEOPLE'S money on government social programs for the homeless, so why don't YOU elucidate us all (in non-general terms) on the "successful" history of all the government social spending programs since LBJ's "great society"?

Not that it's any of your business, but as for me, on top of paying over $1k in taxes EVERY WEEK (which fund social programs), I donate an average of 5-figures to organizations every year. I just cut a $500 check to a local organization last week that helps families (local to me) in need during the holidays, but they're of MY choosing, and they meet MY expectations of performance and accountability. That's a fair deal, since it is MY money earned on MY time.

All that I've perceived is you beating your chest & virtue signaling on how much "better of a human being" you are than everyone else simply because you declare it.

Don't presume to preach to me about helping my fellow human beings, because you don't know the first F-ing THING about me, at ALL.

There's like 8 of them. There was 9, until I got out of homelessness about a decade ago. The minors who are homeless just got started on dope early or ran away from home without a plan, either way, not necessarily folks we need contributing to the gene pool, I guess excluding those running from abuse.

I've met @OldTengu some time back while buying some boolits from him, he's a good dude…. once you get past his hunch-back, club-foot, and misshapen head!

;):D

its a construct argument, and feels like a convenient excuse to not have to help. "oh snap, NOT helping is actually better than actually helping? sign me up!"

its akin to praying for people in need/trouble, instead of actually doing something. oh, such a great help.thx.

but let's test the argument: where has leaving homeless or any socially disadvantaged to their own devices EVER facilitated improvement?
They are both traps. The adage is "teach to fish". The teaching part is lacking from both perspectives. Government programs are so bad at solving societal issues, that when they rarely get it right, it becomes a "deal of the century".

When you allow someone to stay comfortable within their weaknesses, they will wallow in it, plus you've completely missed what I was saying and are attempting (intentionally or not) to construct a "prove a negative" tactic to bolster your "feelings" on the matter.

Let's instead address empirical information since you're the one who's fired up to spend OTHER PEOPLE'S money on government social programs for the homeless, so why don't YOU elucidate us all (in non-general terms) on the "successful" history of all the government social spending programs since LBJ's "great society"?

Not that it's any of your business, but as for me, on top of paying over $1k in taxes EVERY WEEK (which fund social programs), I donate an average of 5-figures to organizations every year. I just cut a $500 check to a local organization last week that helps families (local to me) in need during the holidays, but they're of MY choosing, and they meet MY expectations of performance and accountability. That's a fair deal, since it is MY money earned on MY time.

All that I've perceived is you beating your chest & virtue signaling on how much "better of a human being" you are than everyone else simply because you declare it.

Don't presume to preach to me about helping my fellow human beings, because you don't know the first F-ing THING about me, at ALL.
literally never said or even thought a single goddamn thing about you in my reply - im debating the arguments, not the person. if you cant do the same, get off my nuts. in every goddamn thread.

literally never said or even thought a single goddamn thing about you in my reply - im debating the arguments, not the person. if you cant do the same, get off my nuts. in every goddamn thread.

You're at it again. Grow up.

He is right and you are a troll!

You waited until the Mods separated us last time, and then threw punches from behind Mommy's Apron, and this will get deleted, but I am right!

Absolutely correct. Disagreement is fine here. It's healthy. Constantly taunting, deflecting and insulting is not.

He is right and you are a troll!

You waited until the Mods separated us last time, and then threw punches from behind Mommy's Apron, and this will get deleted, but I am right!
i dont even remember what you were so wrong about, but sure... youre right, buddy.

uvB-JDGx_400x400.jpg

One more for the IGNORE.

Again, we're (all) still waiting for you (and your nuts) to actually quantify a SINGLE goddamned thing you've said.

:rolleyes:
likewise.. still waiting for how not helping people has ever helped any disadvantaged class or group of people. here or elsewhere, now or in the past. your reply was philosophical, and thats fine, but if its a valid philosophy there must be some kind of example of it being valid, no? i asked you to "put it to the test."

however, i will sit down and give you some great examples of social programs that have helped entire groups of disadvantaged people, when i have a minute to do so. out shopping w the girlfriend, dont have the attention to devote to digging out articles and studies.

if youre chomping at the bit, read up on germany's social system. they feed, house, educate, medically treat, and offer a myriad of social services for all, for free, and are second only to the US in the West for GDP - with a 5th of the population. theres lots there to learn from - it aint too espensiv.

theres plenty i dont like about germany and german culture, but when it comes to investing in and taking care of their own, they put the US to shame.

likewise.. still waiting for how not helping people has ever helped any disadvantaged class or group of people. here or elsewhere, now or in the past. your reply was philosophical, and thats fine, but if its a valid philosophy there must be some kind of example of it being valid, no? i asked you to "put it to the test."

however, i will sit down and give you some great examples of social programs that have helped entire groups of disadvantaged people, when i have a minute to do so. out shopping w the girlfriend, dont have the attention to devote to digging out articles and studies.

if youre chomping at the bit, read up on germany's social system. they feed, house, educate, medically treat, and offer a myriad of social services for all, for free, and are second only to the US in the West for GDP - with a 5th of the population. theres lots there to learn from - it aint too espensiv.

theres plenty i dont like about germany and german culture, but when it comes to investing in and taking care of their own, they put the US to shame.
Germany is the Florida of Europe. And not the cool version. More "Florida Man" than DeSantis. It's actually the basis of a fun trivia game; "Germany or Florida".
Germany can bite it, I don't care how many of their people they help.

You have clearly never spent any (real) time in Germany (BTW- I have).

It sounds like you should move there instead, you'd fit right in with your apparent temperament.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top