JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm way behind a pop culture stuff. Just the other day, I watched the 2004 remake of, "Manchurian Candidate." In the intro to the movie, imagine my surprise to hear the Gang of Four song, "Armalite Rifle." The lyrics of which discuss it's use in Northern Ireland. Which is just a detail. I was interested to note that there would be a song at any level on the subject.

Re. the movie. I much preferred the original with Frank Sinatra.

Brownells is re-popping that rifle.
It's one that I think is pretty cool.
They don't offer the original furniture set (like Brandon has in the video). Unfortunately it comes with some ugly quad rail. Or at least I couldn't find a retro model.

PTR did the same thing w/ the PTR-63. Slapped some ugly rail on instead of the signature handguards.

I was gifted a Sterling made AR-180 and it's been a very reliable shooter.
I really like the way the original scope mount is spring loaded and designed to wedge itself forward and tighter to the rifle when shooting.
The original 40 rd mags are scarce and very expensive, so years ago when I found some NOS in wrapper, I bought all the guy had.

reference to the AR-18?
NOT a reference to the AR-7.

Did you know - Armalite even made a shotgun, the AR-17. I've only seen a couple of them. Weird, anodized aluminum color like lawn chairs. Brown plastic stock (after all, it's Armalite).

The AR-180 was a hot ticket with I got out of the army in 1972. The few that I saw were made in Japan by Howa, had folding stocks.

NOT a reference to the AR-7.

Did you know - Armalite even made a shotgun, the AR-17. I've only seen a couple of them. Weird, anodized aluminum color like lawn chairs. Brown plastic stock (after all, it's Armalite).

The AR-180 was a hot ticket with I got out of the army in 1972. The few that I saw were made in Japan by Howa, had folding stocks.

I was gifted a Sterling made AR-180 and it's been a very reliable shooter.
I really like the way the original scope mount is spring loaded and designed to wedge itself forward and tighter to the rifle when shooting.
The original 40 rd mags are scarce and very expensive, so years ago when I found some NOS in wrapper, I bought all the guy had.
I'd never even heard of the thing until you let me shoot yours.

Thank you for that.

The one drawback of the AR-180 is the flimsy folding stock hinge.
You have to be really careful when you swing it back and forth.
I just leave it locked in place like a standard AR-15 stock.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews