JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
9873cPi.jpg

Mabey I am missing something as I do not know Oregon law but how were the purchases illegal. Yes, I understand the shootings were illegal but they are charged with buying the guns illegally not shooting them or selling them. Were they felons to start with or is there a one gun a month limit or what's the story?

If it is a state law they broke then why are the feds charging them with buying guns as I know of no limit on purchases federally.

Could someone please explain?

Mabey I am missing something as I do not know Oregon law but how were the purchases illegal. Yes, I understand the shootings were illegal but they are charged with buying the guns illegally not shooting them or selling them. Were they felons to start with or is there a one gun a month limit or what's the story?

If it is a state law they broke then why are the feds charging them with buying guns as I know of no limit on purchases federally.

Perhaps "strawman" purchases.

On the surface, it appears to be a large amount were purchased legally and subsequently delivered to prohibited persons. Straw purchases, specifically within a criminal gang.

I do understand straw purchase and I just found an article saying they falsified documents so it makes more since now but the first 3 articles made no mention of this. They did mention that a number of the guns were at their fathers home and several where found in one of their cars but only stated a couple where in an other persons possession and selling a few guns is hardly a straw purchase.

Do not get me wrong I figured it was all illegal but the articles I found where just pushing the purchase aspect as if that was the crime and nothing else.

I do understand straw purchase and I just found an article saying they falsified documents so it makes more since now but the first 3 articles made no mention of this. They did mention that a number of the guns were at their fathers home and several where found in one of their cars but only stated a couple where in an other persons possession and selling a few guns is hardly a straw purchase.

Do not get me wrong I figured it was all illegal but the articles I found where just pushing the purchase aspect as if that was the crime and nothing else.
Much has yet to be revealed. If these people were to get prosecuted at the federal level, (slim chance) they could put them away well into the next century.

I agree and I found another article that said they found one of them with firearms and 2 pounds of package pot yet another felony so sorry for the "what the heck question" its just the media can spin something a bit differently if it fits the agenda, Like buying 82 guns was the crime and nothing else.

From one article:
"They are charged with falsifying information in connection with the acquisition of a firearm and making false statements in a federal firearms licensee record."

Educated guess here, they are admitted gang members so it would not be a stretch to say they are prohibited persons. If so, glad the BGC systems works so well. sarc/ off

They were also found with weed so another potential 4473 violation. Straw purchase could be another. But since journalism is dead we really don't know.

From one article:
"They are charged with falsifying information in connection with the acquisition of a firearm and making false statements in a federal firearms licensee record."

Educated guess here, they are admitted gang members so it would not be a stretch to say they are prohibited persons. If so, glad the BGC systems works so well. sarc/ off

They were also found with weed so another potential 4473 violation. Straw purchase could be another. But since journalism is dead we really don't know.
But since journalism is dead we really don't know. It's not dead, it's just slanted
by the writers opinion and personal political feelings.

The biggest gang/firearm issue Portland has is with the Somali gangs. Next time you hear about a 50+ round drive by its the Somali's in action.

Its a shame that neither the city nor county wants to announce this problem.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top