JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OP had three very experienced shooters shoot the gun. They had exactly the same problems he did. So this was not the OP finding a line of questioning "difficult to take." This was someone slamming out the most simplistic possibility without reading the entire post.
I did, in fact, read the entire post. I care more for the opinion of a firearm manufacturer who did make the gun function than some random guy on the Internet who can't do the same. Occam's razor and all that.

I tried 3 different factory magazines, and I've shot around 800 rounds through it, (thus more than satisfying the "break-in period") which included 7 different manufacturers' ammo
Personally I would think someone who expresses:
over 50 years, shooting experience with rifles, pistols, and shotguns.
Would have enough experience to at least be able to minimally diagnose some of the issues he experienced long before 800 rounds and 7 different types of ammo, let alone TWICE returning it to the mfg.

I too, am in the same timeframe of longevity in experience with firearms and only ONCE did I send a firearm back to a mfg. - and that was due to a cracked frame so It was out of my hands but other than that I have always managed to resolve ANY issues I have had with ANY firearm I have owned.

I am certainly not an 'expert' but I consider myself a pretty good 'novice' gunsmith and have done a lot of work on my own guns, as well as those of friends of mine with mostly positive experiences and outcomes.

Last Edited:
Unless I know the person, I'm not going to consider them "experienced". For example, all cops carry a gun on a daily basis, but I would not consider them "experienced" with firearms or even someone with safe gun handling skills. Likewise, most gun shop fuds have been selling guns for a long time, and also recommending a lightweight pistol to a woman because it carries well. In my field, just because you've done something for a long time, doesn't mean you're experienced.

I'm going to leave this here....
View attachment 1805026
I was consistent once, but a heavy dose of laxatives and prune juice fixed me right up!

:s0098:

I did, in fact, read the entire post. I care more for the opinion of a firearm manufacturer who did make the gun function than some random guy on the Internet who can't do the same. Occam's razor and all that.
I'll just leave this little chestnut here:

IMG_5502.jpeg

Don't be ridiculous. Of course I see that. And appreciate it when its half way original. Its used in two ways. Sometimes in good fun and camaraderie. Sometimes to declare certain of those present as irredeemably inferior. Once upon a time I was in a position where I was expected to laugh when people made sexist jokes I had heard thousands of times before. Now, thankfully, I dont have to. Sometimes you're original and funny. This time you were a bore and an ahole. Is it a big deal? Naw. Written humor or attempts at humor are tricky, especially when they take the playful insult form. Some of mine don't work all that well either.

When teaching my students about humor....

I like to point out :
That it is only really funny , if we are both laughing....
Time and place is important....
Know your audience....
Inflection and just how you say something matters...
And finally...add little details and nuances to make that joke or funny story yours.
Andy
And @Paolung nailed it too, although using way more syllables than I would have.

I was having a fairly serious conversation with my sisters a few years ago. FYI, my sisters insisted in wearing masks. You can assume my position on that. I didn't even like that conversation because I couldn't read their faces. It's even worse when the conversation is in print. It's really difficult to pick up on dark humor and sarcasm, especially if your mind isn't already focused that way.

Personally I usually "tread lightly" because I know what I type can be misread and I'd just as soon not piss anyone off for no reason.

Sorry for continuing the thread drift, even if it appears that most members drift, not stay on track.

I'd like to see what happens when the OP tries some hotter ammunition with this FN.

You can assume my position on that. I didn't even like that conversation because I couldn't read their faces.
I recently read a report about how there is a psychological 'byproduct' to the wearing of a mask.

It seems some believe the wearing of a mask covers up certain 'aspects' of their appearance and think the mask improves it.

Almost like a 'fashion statement' in an odd way.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews