JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally I would think someone who expresses:

Would have enough experience to at least be able to minimally diagnose some of the issues he experienced long before 800 rounds and 7 different types of ammo, let alone TWICE returning it to the mfg.

I too, am in the same timeframe of longevity in experience with firearms and only ONCE did I send a firearm back to a mfg. - and that was due to a cracked frame so It was out of my hands but other than that I have always managed to resolve ANY issues I have had with ANY firearm I have owned.

I am certainly not an 'expert' but I consider myself a pretty good 'novice' gunsmith and have done a lot of work on my own guns, as well as those of friends of mine with mostly positive experiences and outcomes.
Exactly a Kimber 1911 that would not run did I send it back noooooooooooooo figured out what needed to be adjusted and polished and now have a fully functioning firearm 500 round break in my a22 Sig and Hk do not require a 500 round break in same for the Springfield Prodigy !

I have an FNX-45, though it's the non-tactical. I've had it for quite a few years now, to the point where it doesn't come out of the safe all that often. But I don't recall having any real issues with it back when I got it. Recent range trips have been solid, though I may have had a few feed issues with the cheap, extended P-Mag magazines I got for it. But with factory mags, it has always run great as far as I can recall. The point of all this is that any gun that is giving you this much grief has some sort of issue from the factory. The manufacturer should make it right. I would call or email the FN-USA support staff to get an RMA for it. My guess is that they switched to a heavier recoil spring at some point and regular ball ammo isn't hot enough to make it cycle properly. I hope you get it sorted out. I totally love my FNX-45. My only complaint with it is the combat-hold sights; you have to obscure the target to hit it. I think it might be my only pistol sighted like that.

I have an FNX-45, though it's the non-tactical. I've had it for quite a few years now, to the point where it doesn't come out of the safe all that often. But I don't recall having any real issues with it back when I got it. Recent range trips have been solid, though I may have had a few feed issues with the cheap, extended P-Mag magazines I got for it. But with factory mags, it has always run great as far as I can recall. The point of all this is that any gun that is giving you this much grief has some sort of issue from the factory. The manufacturer should make it right. I would call or email the FN-USA support staff to get an RMA for it. My guess is that they switched to a heavier recoil spring at some point and regular ball ammo isn't hot enough to make it cycle properly. I hope you get it sorted out. I totally love my FNX-45. My only complaint with it is the combat-hold sights; you have to obscure the target to hit it. I think it might be my only pistol sighted like that.
When were pmags ever made for an fnx pistol?
This is a first I've ever heard of that.

Disregard. You mean promag.
Yeah those are pieces of bubblegum

That's funny, it doesn't seem to be on the California roster... and you have a suppressor for it?
Is-Reddit-Safe-For-Kids_.png

I put over 4k rounds through my fnx45t and I abused the hell out of that thing. Never had an issue. Lot of training with that gun. Only reason I got rid of it was because it was my last 45.

I can't imagine having as many issues as you have. You probably have a lemon. I let my wifes sister and cousins shoot it and they have zero experience and they shot it fine. I assume yours is a dud

I put over 4k rounds through my fnx45t and I abused the hell out of that thing. Never had an issue. Lot of training with that gun. Only reason I got rid of it was because it was my last 45.

I can't imagine having as many issues as you have. You probably have a lemon. I let my wifes sister and cousins shoot it and they have zero experience and they shot it fine. I assume yours is a dud
I doubt his is a lemon. It's most likely operator error.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews