JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No man.
All illegal drugs should be LEGAL. It's my body and I vote Libertarian. Cough, cough....

Yeah....the Govt can collect taxes on it.

And what about...

Kids who probably will get caught up in this Drug World?

Whatever.....it's their body too. Freedom man. Free to choose.

And, what happens if/when family unit dissolves because of the drugs?

Well....what about alcohol? Besides, the Govt has got plenty of money and programs to help.

What_difference_does_it_make.png
See....IF....the country had elected me. The problems of America would have been solved already. And, I'm not even a Libertarian.

It's about choosing CORRECTLY. Rrrrrright.....

Aloha, Mark

PS....don't go there.
I know (and everyone else probably knows) and don't need to be schooled.....about how "generalities assigned to groups" may not ALWAYS reflect the TRUE NATURE of an INDIVIDUAL, even though they belong to that group. Duh....

Last Edited:
i guarantee you he had used methamphetamine not just hours before, but for years before he decided to shoot those people.

not sure why the article emphasizes that he used meth hours before... so? using meth hours before doesnt make you kill people.
It's obvious you have no first hand knowledge of this. A person that hasn't eaten or slept for 48 hours, or more can abso-effing-lutely go that way. Ad beers/liquor/weed/?? and the break can be intensified.

But since journalism is dead we really don't know.
Don't know how many times we see articles like::
"Police Raid Home - 50 Guns Confiscated"

The article goes on for half a page about the guns and all the ammo that the person had. But then you look at the list and notice that there isn't a single illegal gun listed. At the very bottom of the article, almost as a footnote there is a single sentence like: "Police also seized 2 kilos of cocaine".

The media doesn't care about the drugs. They would much rather sensationalize the gun aspect and go out of their way to imply that the guy was arrest for "having an dangerous arsenal".

I see now! Why tod whalen was doing the "One-On-One" interview with the media NOW!

https://www.kptv.com/news/full-inte...1-5c7d-8a57-3a2b363a46b7.html?block_id=988363

That horse left the BARN a year ago, you PUTZ!
Dang-ee, I made it 3:45 into the interview. Two questions were asked, and he did not answer either one.
Could have just been 15 seconds instead of 3:45
  • Q1: What is your plan with the homeless?
  • A1: No clue.
  • Q2: Where are you going to relocate the homeless?
  • A2: We are looking but don't have any idea yet.
He did indicate they would be increasing social services to the current encampments. Hell, just set up a food line, toilets, and condom/weed/needle dispensary. Or they could do a flash sanitization by a gratuitous distribution of napalm.

• Q2: Where are you going to relocate the homeless?
  • A2: We are looking but don't have any idea yet.
True story, I'll try to make it short. Worked in an area in SoCal where there was an ever-increasing homeless camp that was in a strip of county area along the riverbed between to cities. I became HUGE, like Trump level UUUUUge. They relocated everyone into hotels for a month, scraped a foot deep into the topsoil and disposed of it a Hazmat with all the needles, etc. etc.

After a month when the hotel vouchers ran out I hear a politician on the radio (actually one of the better ones in the area) say this (paraphrasing):
We are seeking a strip of county area between two cities to make a homeless camp for the remaining unhoused.

Ummmmmm, that's exactly where they were when you moved them.

Facepalm.

True story, I'll try to make it short. Worked in an area in SoCal where there was an ever-increasing homeless camp that was in a strip of county area along the riverbed between to cities. I became HUGE, like Trump level UUUUUge. They relocated everyone into hotels for a month, scraped a foot deep into the topsoil and disposed of it a Hazmat with all the needles, etc. etc.

After a month when the hotel vouchers ran out I hear a politician on the radio (actually one of the better ones in the area) say this (paraphrasing):
We are seeking a strip of county area between two cities to make a homeless camp for the remaining unhoused.

Facepalm.
call me a bleeding heart (believe me im not - im just a realist), but i feel like we need housing as a "human right," and that every major metro area ought to set aside land for bare bones tiny home mini cities with resident elected patrol/security, resident run facilities, and with regular transportation provided to city public transit.

it wouldnt (need to) cost much, and would get them the bubblegum out of my neighborhood AND provide a jumping board for the ones who really do want to get their bubblegum together and reintegrate into productive society.

most civilized nations at least that much, and in places where its been implemented well its worked really well. sure youll have a bottom-of-the-bottom segment who will never accomplish anything but an overdose, but at least the ones who have hope arent robbed of any chance to succeed for sake of the bad ones.

if we can spend billions on a single jet, we can drop a handful of millions toward pretty much solving the homeless problem.

Facepalm.
My comment to the politicians......

If you accommodate them....more will come.

How does THAT solve the problem?

Aloha, Mark

call me a bleeding heart (believe me im not - im just a realist), but i feel like we need housing as a "human right,"
It's not. Neither is water, food, medicine or education.
The distorted thinking enters the equation when it's sold as a right, where pragmatism and efficacy fall to idealist notions.

HOWEVER, housing, health, clean air and water, good food supply, and education are vital to a society's success and well being. Thus, programs could exist which provide a minimum, and opportunities offered where these people can become self sufficient, rather than generational sponges.
Unfortunately, many of those programs seem to be rife with idiots, con-men, and rats.

call me a bleeding heart (believe me im not - im just a realist), but i feel like we need housing as a "human right," and that every major metro area ought to set aside land for bare bones tiny home mini cities with resident elected patrol/security, resident run facilities, and with regular transportation provided to city public transit.

it wouldnt (need to) cost much, and would get them the bubblegum out of my neighborhood AND provide a jumping board for the ones who really do want to get their bubblegum together and reintegrate into productive society.

most civilized nations at least that much, and in places where its been implemented well its worked really well. sure youll have a bottom-of-the-bottom segment who will never accomplish anything but an overdose, but at least the ones who have hope arent robbed of any chance to succeed for sake of the bad ones.

if we can spend billions on a single jet, we can drop a handful of millions toward pretty much solving the homeless problem.

We already spend an enormous amount on social services, and those who really want out can get out.

I'll premise the following with saying this is NOT a slam on anyone:

The problem with those who have a (for lack of a better term) "democrat mindset" and all their approaches to social programs (that obviously have not been successful overall) is a failure to grasp the nature of humans.

The adage of, "if you feed them, they will come, and they will stay" comes to mind. Now there are those (on both sides of the isle) that use that to increase their political and economic power. It's never been about helping those in need, it's always been about feeding off of them….

Tough love is true compassion, being cruel to be kind (in the right measure) inspires and raises self-sufficient, productive individuals.

Tough love is true compassion, being cruel to be kind (in the right measure) inspires and raises self-sufficient, productive individuals.
its a construct argument, and feels like a convenient excuse to not have to help. "oh snap, NOT helping is actually better than actually helping? sign me up!"

its akin to praying for people in need/trouble, instead of actually doing something. oh, such a great help.thx.

but let's test the argument: where has leaving homeless or any socially disadvantaged to their own devices EVER facilitated improvement?

Eh. I deal with the homeless multiple times a day. The idea that some are just "on hard times" isn't wrong, but it's such a small subsect of that group that it's not even worth mentioning.
Something I didn't hear about in the mayor's speech is downtown clean and safe's new policy for the homeless, which is essentially a hands off policy. Not only will they not remove people from the doorways of closed businesses, they are requesting that they relocate to closed businesses when removing them from doorways/alcoves at open ones. So, if one of the brokers I work with wants to show a potential lessee a vacant space but there is a homeless person camping in the doorway, they can ask the person to move themselves (not always a good idea-roughly 65% of my interactions with homeless are this specifically, I see makeshift weapons daily, and I get knives pulled on me, bottles thrown at me, I had a guy burn all of his belongings in protest, etc) or call police non emergency and maybe talk to someone who will maybe send an officer to remove them.
Drugs and drug induced mental illnesses are the primary reason these people are homeless. We need a return to state run mental health and drug treatment facilities, not unchecked and misplaced "compassion". Throwing the "compassion" label on something doesn't make it so, and, frankly, the compassionate thing to do would be to put them in these places, but we voted away that option years ago.
Portland as a whole is a phucking disaster, and downtown has the feeling (and smell) of a giant porta-potty that you might get stabbed in.
Edit: article worth your time.

one thing people seem to fail to realize is that the visibly homeless and obnoxiously homeless that make up the drug addicted criminal and/or mentally ill homeless are the homeless that you see. the down-on-their-luck homeless dont beg, pitch tents in city parks, stand in shelter or soup kitchen lines, or accost people for change and cigarettes. they live in tucked away places, out of sight, away from the visibly homeless who prey on them as much as "us," trying to hold onto their pride while they struggle against multiple compounding hurtles to get back on their feet... or even on their feet to begin with, since a significant percentage of homeless begin their homelessness as minors.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top