JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1QUAeIyfMZtl.jpg

It's not dead, it's just slanted
by the writers opinion and personal political feelings.
I agree with you that most is slanted. The reason I say it is dead is because most articles, TV news and even internet based reports couldn't be more superficial. Follow up questions are not asked, no critical thought is employed by the reporters, most just nod at what they are told and regurgitate it onto their chosen media.

I agree with you that most is slanted. The reason I say it is dead is because most articles, TV news and even internet based reports couldn't be more superficial. Follow up questions are not asked, no critical thought is employed by the reporters, most just nod at what they are told and regurgitate it onto their chosen media.
The upside is that people are slowly learning to do the research for themselves. I saw a study years ago that showed that at the time the U.S. had the most sophisticated (and prolific) commercial advertising in the world, and also the most resistance to advertising. Ads didn't work as well on us as they did where they were fewer in number and/or less carefully crafted. People have tuned out of mainstream media and their numbers have plummeted. They don't seem to care much for independent thought: http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=62561

I agree and I found another article that said they found one of them with firearms and 2 pounds of package pot yet another felony so sorry for the "what the heck question" its just the media can spin something a bit differently if it fits the agenda, Like buying 82 guns was the crime and nothing else.
Weed is legal here. I don't know how they can slap enhancements on them for a legal substance. And 2lbs is the legal limit for a adult over 21 years of age.

Within the State of Oregon you can smoke all you want. Get caught lying on the 4473 or caught with marijuana and a firearm and you can lose all your rights to own one going forward because that can be a federal felony. Marijuana is considered a Class 1 drug to the feds.
These guys need to do alot of prison time, but one is on home detention. Really?

First question on the 4473: Are you the actual person purchasing the firearm?
That one always makes me laugh, no matter how you spin it - basic understanding of the english language would indicate that if you are the person exchanging money for merchandise, you are the "actual person purchasing it."

Last Edited:
Weed is legal here. I don't know how they can slap enhancements on them for a legal substance. And 2lbs is the legal limit for a adult over 21 years of age.
Actually from what I see in the law, 16 oz is the max for solid form (24 oz for medical users). So two pounds would put them above the limit. And agree that it's a federal form and federal issue, just like drug testing for truck drivers. There is also an ever-increasing body of evidence to show the connection with marijuana and violent behavior, which this and the other violence in Portland seems to be supporting.

Don't forget Portland's Meth Problem

i guarantee you he had used methamphetamine not just hours before, but for years before he decided to shoot those people.

not sure why the article emphasizes that he used meth hours before... so? using meth hours before doesnt make you kill people. using meth for several years and letting it liquify your brain can make you kill people, though.

that said, anybody read that recent article in The Atlantic about the quality of current mexican meth? seems those "superlabs" that were formerly producing high-grade cheap meth have actually been producing horrible grade extra toxic cheap meth for the last decade, and theres evidence its been causing drastically worse side effects for users than meth already does. pretty much literally turning these mofos into zombies.

so thats cool. even drugs are going to bubblegum, from outsourcing. bring back USA meth!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top