JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Property owners (major public-serving corporations, specifically) only have those rights because we let them have that kind of control.

Singling out a corporation from private property owners is going to be impossible. I for one, am damn glad the Constitution gives me the right to decide who can carry a gun, open or concealed on my property, and any attempt to take that option away from me is going to be met with resistance.

The Fourth Amendment pretty much covers that. Good luck changing that.

Long thread. Lots of good debate.

My thoughts.

Freddy's will likely cave. Truly they wish to be left the hell alone. Sadly too many idiots on both sides of the table for either to come out truly ahead. The moms will just piss our side off more, likely adding to our fire and fight. Freddy's will lose customers saying that they will never shop there again. We will lose a bit more of our, still existing, right to open carry.

Long thread. Lots of good debate.

My thoughts.

Freddy's will likely cave. Truly they wish to be left the hell alone. Sadly too many idiots on both sides of the table for either to come out truly ahead. The moms will just piss our side off more, likely adding to our fire and fight. Freddy's will lose customers saying that they will never shop there again. We will lose a bit more of our, still existing, right to open carry.
This Bliss Ninny campaign was started against Freddy's parent company, Kroger. I haven't looked at Freddy's specifically, but Kroger as a whole has definitely not lost any profits from this anti-rights activism. A lot of their hand wringing activism seems to be of the weekend warrior type in relation to Kroger and their subsidiaries. Fred Meyer and all other Kroger company stores may have lost some customers but it hasn't seemed to have had an effect on their bottom line other than to drive their profits up. This thing has been going on for close to 6 months or so, I doubt any one of the Kroger companies will cave. In fact MDA had their own version of the 12 days of Christmas this month targeting a different Kroger company every day and one of those companies basically told them to pound sand. A few of the Kroger companies deleted their comments on facebook as fast as they appeared. Their 12 days drive actually to around 15 days or so. They skipped the weekends.

Fred Meyer is unlikely to change their policy and I am sure they do want to be left alone.

L

Freddy's will likely cave. Truly they wish to be left the hell alone. Freddy's will lose customers saying that they will never shop there again.

I doubt Freddy's will cave. Given the numbers of people who shop in Freddies any given day, and the fact they are owned by Krogers, they have some real heavy legal resources to draw from, and some bunch of blogging soccer moms is highly unlikely to change their position or even take a position. Corporations of that size have a good ability to ignore something like this.

Once upon a Sunday, if I shopped at Fred Meyers, and if I happened to run into some people I know there, you can be pretty much assured there may have possibly by chance been at least 4 concealed guns there, and possibly a minimum of 2 there if I shopped there.

I doubt Freddy's will cave. Given the numbers of people who shop in Freddies any given day, and the fact they are owned by Krogers, they have some real heavy legal resources to draw from, and some bunch of blogging soccer moms is highly unlikely to change their position or even take a position. Corporations of that size have a good ability to ignore something like this.

While I wish this were the case, the same could have been said for Target, Starbucks, Chipotle, etc.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top