JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Maybe moms are demanding wrong kind of action from wrong people

:eek:
The Portland Oregonian reported late yesterday that the anti-gun Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America dumped a petition with more than 18,000 signatures at Fred Meyer headquarters in Portland, asking the chain to prevent customers from openly carrying firearms in its stores.

<broken link removed>

Be sure to cut and paste your comments here over to Examiner because I know the Moms read this stuff.
;)

BINGO!

But the Moms really aren't laughing about this. No sensauma.

I liked the Oregonian quote by the leader, "I come from a gun background, and my husband is a vet., and nobody in our family can see a need to carry a rifle in the store". Haha, really? How many problems have open carriers created....? Other than Jerry Harryman a few years ago in Clackamas, which I think was justified, I don't think that there have been any problems with the law abiding.

I can actually see a point about carrying a long gun around in a store. That's theatrics, and it wins nobody any friends, but it DOES influence people...typically against OC and gun owners in general.
I have long advised people that if they want to make a political statement, rent a billboard or buy an advertisement.

Most of the OC people I know are rather low key about it. They go about their business and never try to draw attention. Most people don't even notice they're armed.

This article makes me want to go to my local Fred Meyer with an empty holster on my hip, legally purchase a new pistol, promptly holster it once purchased, and then go shop for groceries.

I can actually see a point about carrying a long gun around in a store. That's theatrics, and it wins nobody any friends, but it DOES influence people...typically against OC and gun owners in general.

Bingo. And this is why the Moms Demand Action is so ape happy about Open Carry. It's a chance to "change the culture" of America in an attempt to make guns socially frowned on in general.

Bingo. And this is why the Moms Demand Action is so ape happy about Open Carry. It's a chance to "change the culture" of America in an attempt to make guns socially frowned on in general.

Like my dad always says..."If you don't like the way I look, don't look at me."

As far as I'm concerned, Mom's Demand Action and any other antis that don't like seeing me exercise my Second Amendment rights can close their eyes or look away. If it makes them feel better, they can imagine that hard, cold piece of inanimate steel and polymer on my hip is really a fluffy teddy bear, as seen below.

250px-Engineer_Prize_Plushy.png

I think there has to be a serious retardation rate in WA.
There has to be since all the mom's there are severely mentally challenged.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I think there has to be a serious retardation rate in WA.
There has to be since all the mom's there are severely mentally challenged.

What does WA have to do with the nannies dumping signatures at Fred Meyer in PORTLAND?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
WAC Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

This article makes me want to go to my local Fred Meyer with an empty holster on my hip, legally purchase a new pistol, promptly holster it once purchased, and then go shop for groceries.

Easy cowboy. I don't know if it is a law or store policy, but they always walk me to the door with my new firearm in its box.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

What does WA have to do with the nannies dumping signatures at Fred Meyer in PORTLAND?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
WAC Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Didn't it originate with the Settle bunch ?
They had to dump them in Portland as that is where the HQ is at.

I voted.

The Yes votes have gone up by 150 since I voted a couple hours ago.

The no votes have increased by 4 in that time. LOL.

Current results:
Yes - the company is simply adhering to local laws. 80.62% (724 votes)

No - I don't want the possibility of seeing guns when I'm shopping. 17.59% (158 votes)

Other - please comment below 1.78% (16 votes)

Total Votes: 898

One of the banks that I frequent has a young uniformed guard standing outside the entrance and he's only allowed to carry a big can of mace on his belt and a cell phone.
I'm always mystified that most people believe that they're safer inside the bank because he's outside deterring bad guys from entering.

I'm thinking those signatures are the same ones they submitted to Kroger a few months back. Probably cover the NW where there are Fred Meyer stores, and not just Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top