JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wear whatever slogan you want....
Just please remember that whenever you wear a pro-gun shirt , patch etc ... fairly or not , you are now representing all gun owners.
We need to hold ourselves to a higher standard when interacting with the other folks and be careful to not turn them away from us.

Note I am not saying that we "need to roll over and show our bellies" or "be a doormat , and have folks walk all over us"...Just that it is more easy to alienate folks and re-enforce a stereotype , than to bring them to an understanding of a different view.
Andy

Which is why I don't wear such shirts or put stickers on my truck etc. I want to reserve the right to be a dick lol.

Anyone ever consider scheduling an open carry event to coincide with the meeting of an anti-gun group? Just thought it be kind of fun and a nice way to stick it to them..

Seriously, look at their website for scheduled events and show up with a group full of open carriers. Call it a "Meet and Greet" :D

Anyone ever consider scheduling an open carry event to coincide with the meeting of an anti-gun group? Just thought it be kind of fun and a nice way to stick it to them..

Seriously, look at their website for scheduled events and show up with a group full of open carriers. Call it a "Meet and Greet" :D

IMHO I am not sure that would go in our favor. The news would be all over that and we would end up the bad guys.

Just please remember that whenever you wear a pro-gun shirt , patch etc ... fairly or not , you are now representing all gun owners.
We need to hold ourselves to a higher standard when interacting with the other folks and be careful to not turn them away from us.

Note I am not saying that we "need to roll over and show our bellies" or "be a doormat , and have folks walk all over us"...Just that it is more easy to alienate folks and re-enforce a stereotype , than to bring them to an understanding of a different view.
Andy
This is exactly why I'm no longer active at the WA forum of a particular open carry website. The in-your-face crowd overtook the responsible and reasonable people. It's a shame because I really enjoyed some of their regular events, but I can't abide by an in-your-face strategy. On the upside, I met a few people who are still good friends to this day. I'm still very pro open carry, but I'm not going to wave that flag here today. My takeaway is that if you find yourself in the public eye, someone is going to think you speak for all of us. If you like us, please do your best to do right by us. And don't be an a-hole. :)

Last Edited:
IMHO I am not sure that would go in our favor. The news would be all over that and we would end up the bad guys.

Considering we are already the bad guys, what do we have to lose? :p

I am thinking the news report would go something like this,
"50 Heavily Armed Men Attend Demand Action meeting. Zero Casualties Reported."

If nothing else, at least we can prove to them that guns in the hands of law-abiding people don't actually kill people. I bet almost none of them even seen an armed person (non-LEO) before.

Even better, find a dozen females who have children (aka mothers) to attend the meeting. Let these mothers show what gun sense in America is all about. Armed mothers are raped less, murdered less, robbed less and are usually victims much less than the grumpy old liberal ladies in their orange shirts.

Considering we are already the bad guys, what do we have to lose? :p

I am thinking the news report would go something like this,
"50 Heavily Armed Men Attend Demand Action meeting. Zero Casualties Reported."

If nothing else, at least we can prove to them that guns in the hands of law-abiding people don't actually kill people. I bet almost none of them even seen an armed person (non-LEO) before.

Even better, find a dozen females who have children (aka mothers) to attend the meeting. Let these mothers show what gun sense in America is all about. Armed mothers are raped less, murdered less, robbed less and are usually victims much less than the grumpy old liberal ladies in their orange shirts.

So let me get this straight. You believe that most of these women have never seen a armed guy or person on the street besides a cop but yet you don't think if 50 armed guys show up there not going to scream and freak the he!! out?

As I peacefully sit here armed; while eating lunch and surfing NWFA...

View attachment 388698
Baja Fresh good stuff, I'm always carrying in there. Just makes me think I had a customer open carrying in my restaurant tonight, in Eugene nobody said anything, but myself and one of my cooks both were carrying (concealed of course) but really anti's don't even notice cause they're too self absorbed in their phones or whatever.

Perhaps, as responsible gun owners, we should offer Mom's real lessons in gun control... You know, basic fundamentals of proper weapon handling and of course marksmanship...

They seem to have some serious misconceptions....

Edited for clarification :eek:

Andy
Does this count? :D
If so then im guilty of the sin of being an bubblegum to people i know in public environemts,
Maybe i should take the pin out when i let my sarcasm loose:rolleyes: IMG_0137.JPG

I have a feeling that would end up on the news like antifa "meeting" pro trump rallies, only far less violent

Funniest thing I've seen all day, thanks for posting.

FWIW, I still like the idea of "gun free zone" signs in the front yard. Anybody who wants one can do it, great way to send the message.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top