JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really, Really Really hate quad rails! Nothing like tearing up a really nice pair of worn in Nomex gloves, and your hands underneath! Worse was covers that got banged and fell off, and whole sections of rail that never got used, and folks wondered why a rotorhead like me would want to lug a 203 around! Lol
:eek:

My rifle has a Troy drop in quad rail. I use maybe 2 inches of rail total. There wasn't all. Those newfangled m-lok or keymod things back in the day. I'm too cheap to change it out.

Amen! I got to be a part of the trials to select a replacement for the -16, and really liked the Robenson XCR modular, if we would have gone that way, we would have had a lot of happy dudes! We got stuck doing advance trials with the FN, and had major issues, so we got our damn M-4s back!:eek:
Another one we played with that had a lot of good was the SIG 500 series Carbines, that was a slick little rifle! Ultimatly, I still believe we would have a lot better off had we ran the old AR-180 in improved form, it's basically what we have now, and it worked! Twas not to be though! At least now we get to have what ever we want, the way we want it, and can feed them with any thing we like! :D

My rifle has a Troy drop in quad rail. I use maybe 2 inches of rail total. There wasn't all. Those newfangled m-lok or keymod things back in the day. I'm too cheap to change it out.

The only thing I would ever want on the forward part of my Carbine would be a small light attached to the right side of the front sight A-frame! I'm still trying to find a nice little high output led light with a remote switch!:(

Amen! I got to be a part of the trials to select a replacement for the -16, and really liked the Robenson XCR modular, if we would have gone that way, we would have had a lot of happy dudes! We got stuck doing advance trials with the FN, and had major issues, so we got our damn M-4s back!:eek:
Another one we played with that had a lot of good was the SIG 500 series Carbines, that was a slick little rifle! Ultimatly, I still believe we would have a lot better off had we ran the old AR-180 in improved form, it's basically what we have now, and it worked! Twas not to be though! At least now we get to have what ever we want, the way we want it, and can feed them with any thing we like! :D
AMEN!!

This one represents my general principal, I sometimes have a light on it, but not always. Both optics are on QD mounts so can be removed quickly if needed. The magnifier has no zero to lose either.

It actually has a UBR stock on it now, which is slightly heavier but has an awesome cheek weld.

Just enough extras to make it more useful, but not so much as to be crazy.

20180330_214009.jpg

We loved our GAU-5's.......I am in the process of building one now with a 11.5 inch FBI barrel upper......all Colt. The only real difference will be non selective fire (we never used full auto anyway) and the removable carry handle. It was very handy while dealing with the large amounts of medical gear or even with a larger weapon system like an M60 we had.

I really, Really Really hate quad rails!

You and me both! One of the stupidest clunkiest things ever invented. I will NOT have one on any wep. I am a yuuge fan of the ultra slim keymod forearms. Friggin love those things. IF I need a small rail section I can put one on JUST where I want to mount a light or whatever and the rest of forearm is smooth.

The only thing I have to say is.... the barrel is too long! :D

(Yes, the bottom one is completed... TWINS!)
View attachment 449522

The ONLY thing I'm going to do is install tritium front sight posts on them.

Breakfree-CLP is all I've ever used since '85 from forests, to jungles, to water-borne ops... it gets it done. ;)
Awesome rifles!

You seen these? AR-15 Chevron Front Sight Post with Luminescent Green Stripe and Tritium Dot

ARCFS08LGTD-2T.jpg
I really dig this front sight post. I need to order up a couple more eventually.

Man, I sure do like my retro Shorty Triangle handguards, no finger grove pistol grip, and light weight retro Armalite collapsing stock! No need for any thing extra beyond that!
The Surbu build is coming along slowly, had tobwait for them to build more uppers! It's here now, just waiting to get the rest of the goodies for it! Should be a slick little SBR when done!

Man, I sure do like my retro Shorty Triangle handguards, no finger grove pistol grip, and light weight retro Armalite collapsing stock! No need for any thing extra beyond that!
The Surbu build is coming along slowly, had tobwait for them to build more uppers! It's here now, just waiting to get the rest of the goodies for it! Should be a slick little SBR when done!

I need a set of those.

I don't understand the need for "I don't understand the need for..." threads. You don't get it, so you don't do it. Okay? What's the point in calling for an echo chamber?

ARs are purpose driven, and user specific. It's like trying to argue opinions. Waste of time. /end/

I don't understand the need for "I don't understand the need for..." threads. You don't get it, so you don't do it. Okay? What's the point in calling for an echo chamber?

ARs are purpose driven, and user specific. It's like trying to argue opinions. Waste of time. /end/
Just opinions and sharing wisdom (food for thought) no one is attacking anyone, If for some reason you feel offended feel free to move on.

Last Edited:
I like them mostly simple.
All that will go on mine is
Red dot/scope. (Imho, they work better than irons, but i still practice with my buis)

A vertical grip (as a handstop)

And maybe a light at some point for whichever I'm using for home defense.
I dont see a use for much else.

An "ar10" build I'm doing will have an "enhanced" mag release, but just because it's what I happened to get with my spikes lpk. The button stuck out too far on another build, so I moved it tithe 308 and its perfect

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top