JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
da094ce84b8e3ddf3cfa53d873f823a1.jpg

what thugs did you older guys deal with during the mid life?
Yikes...:eek: :D

As for a mid life crisis...
Speaking only for myself....Age is as it is...No crisis for me.
Each age and stage of life has it reasons as well as pluses and minuses...no need for me to overthink these things....Besides you can't live in the past , nor is too good to get stuck thinking on the way things used to be.

Yeah I know ironic , coming from a guy who shoots and collects antique muzzleloaders and loves to read history....:D
Andy

Decades ago my Sweet Bride determined somehow I was in the throes of such crisis....she resolved whatever the issue may have been, gifting me an acrobatic stunt kite. I learned a few tricks and won 3rd place in a small international stunt kite contest and then was treated to a marvelous sea food buffet. Mission accomplished.

Last Edited:
I have a lot of things... it came early for me but it's not for an open forum. lol.

I have a lot of things... it came early for me but it's not for an open forum. lol.

My mid-life crisis came at 30yrs old... who knew how long life would last? I didn't expect to live long anyway, but I had an affair with an 18yr old beach babe. Yum! I can't honestly recommend such behavior tho, too many repurcussions!!!

I had more kids, figured it would give me a reset on the aging process :) My wife turned 60 in Nov, I'm 57 , twins are 11, just a few years older than our grandkids from the 1st ones (same mom). It works, it's kept me so busy there's no time to think about myself. Definitely more tired but if I could get more than 4-5 hrs sleep a night it would probably help. Back into the sports thing again, both are active. Life's a journey right??

Last Edited:
I was 40. I was running the ranch on a small scale and relying on my engineering consulting business to keep me busy. Realized that I liked ranching a lot more than I liked solving other people's problems. So, I sold the consulting business, used some of the proceeds to expand the ranching operation to more fully utilize the acreage we have and hired a number of ranch hands to help me run it. That was 36 years ago, and i don't have any regrets.

I just feel like I'm in this odd transition.
Nothing sounds good.
Maybe raising a crap ton of kids is wearing on me.
Listen to Andy. He has some good advice. I don't know when midlife crisis starts. I'm trying not to think about it. I'm 45 right now, divorced less than a year ago, have kids, and love to live. I think at my stage in life, I just try to do the things I love to do and hang out with the people that make me happy. Its good to have alone time too. Balance is good. Learning from your mistakes and making a better future is where I'm at. Don't let life get you down!!!!

Damn, if that's what mid life crisis means, I'm there right now buddy!!!!!!!:p
Well I figured I did not want to kick the wife to the curb and go for a trophy Wife. Really not that into cars, to me they have always been something to get to work and back, so no real desire to buy some fancy hot car. So the one thing I have never tired of blowing money on, guns, I let myself spend a lot more. I think I chose well :D

While back I was at the range, had a 10mm rifle, .45 rifle, 9mm rifle, along with few hand guns. Another guy about my age took and interest in the 10. I let him shoot a mag full. He was impressed. Said you seem to have all the cool toys. I said kids are long grown, I can afford them now. We both had a good laugh.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top