JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
it's only a matter of time before one augers in to someone's house.....
Those are the same words I've said before, "only a matter of time."

My dad, who was an army air forces fighter pilot in WW2 used the same phrase, "augering in."

Yes, I remember that crash but it was some way from my place.

My dad, who was an army air forces fighter pilot in WW2 used the same phrase, "augering in."
I think we've all used that phrase. That's what my friends and I said when we took big leader falls when rock climbing.

"Yeah, I was crimping on that tiny nub, and it broke right off. I was 20 feet above my last pro and I just augered in..."

Good times... good times... :s0140:

I remember crawling around inside that one as a kid at air shows.

There is a green one in madras OR but you can't go inside it (as far as I know) but you can walk under the open Bombay which shows a lot of the inside. Madras is a cool museum. They used to do rides but I don't know if they do anymore.
Yes, they still do rides. It's called the Erickson Air Museum. I put my oldest boy up in their Texan A6 last year and he'll never forget it. I think he's still smiling.
F9209476-61AD-42C0-828D-DE54ACD0E315.jpeg 401663BC-0DE5-4045-BDF8-BC7BA4237894.jpeg

Two more T6 middair collision both pilots died. Same as b-17 crash it was two planes landing at an air show/race after the race was all over.

Another T6 crashed a month ago killing 2.

9E5C9675-8AB4-4609-B1E5-BA3562F70C0F.png

Non crash video of the Reno air show where it happened:

The crash a month ago was crash into lake Winnebago after a stall and spin. 30 year old pilot and 20 year old passenger died.

Last Edited:
Damn! I knew I shoulda taken the P-51D ride about 10 years ago at the Tri Cities Air Show, back when it was only $1,000... :mad:
b-17 rides are only $525. Would love love love to take the p-51 ride. But at the same time I hate spending big $ on stuff that doesn't last. Fe got a gaggle of "dream bikes" that cost less than half that ride all together. And gives many hours of family fun. So it's hard for me to justify it although I think I would love it.

B-17 rides:

Last Edited:
b-17 rides are only $525. Would love love love to take the p-51 ride. But at the same time I hate spending big $ on stuff that doesn't last. Fe this gaggle of "dream bikes" cost less than half that ride all together. And gives many hours of family fun. So it's hard for me to justify it although I think I would love it.
View attachment 1732964

B-17 rides:

I'm at a point in my life where the cost of something that I've always wanted to do doesn't hinder my decision to do it. It just took a helluva long time to get here. The Grand Sobo finally took his B-17 ride back in 2018, at 88 years of age. He's 93 now. I do not intend to wait as long as he did to do the things on my bucket list...

Last Edited:
I'm at a point in my life where the cost of something that I've always wanted to do doesn't hinder my decision to do it. It just took a helluva long time to get here. The Grand Sobo finally took his B-17 ride back in 2018, at 88 years of age. He's 93 now. I do not intend to wait as long as he did to do the things on my bucket list...
👆 Words of wisdom right there.

No matter how much we wish otherwise, life is only temporary and there's no excuse for not living it to the fullest.

I got to fly front seat in a TF-40 several years ago, that was the ultimate rush! Basically a two seater trainer P-40, and because I not only have years and years of tail dragger experience, I also have several thousand hours as P.I.C. so they put me in the front office, the instructor pilot did the take off and landing, amd I got to do all the rest! Nothing better then an old piston engine warbird, period!

Piper Seminole crashed into a house in Newberg OR on Tuesday night. 22 year old instructor plus 1 20 year old student pilot dead. Another 20 year old passenger in hospital.

Video of plane spinning at 0:50 mark

Unrelated but I saw this pic of a Piper Seminole when searching for what the plane looked like:

2598B43D-0EF9-4A8C-A8D5-5DECDAE23FEA.jpeg

Last Edited:
Good video on the Newberg Piper crash. If I understood him right they were likely practicing a required manuever of flying with one engine. He said it's very easy to stall in this maneuver and if it isn't pulled out of the spin early there is not enough altitude to get out of the spin. To me it a sounds really touchy and needs to be lead by experienced instructor. The training flight is part of a sped up program to train Alaska airlines pilots.

I wasn't there, so I can't speak with unquestioned authority, but the branches on those two trees looked to me to be as still as a statue, and the windsock, while the part with the steel rod in it was straight, the end of the sock did not appear to be influenced by any strong crosswind. Looked to me to be fluttering rather lazily in the breeze... :s0092:

I wasn't there, so I can't speak with unquestioned authority, but the branches on those two trees looked to me to be as still as a statue, and the windsock, while the part with the steel rod in it was straight, the end of the sock did not appear to be influenced by any strong crosswind. Looked to me to be fluttering rather lazily in the breeze... :s0092:

This should help you some there @sobo ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top