JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm kinda hitting that myself at an early age. But in a different way. I feel like my best years are coming ahead.
I am going to start training for a marathon next year hopefully and get more into running. I always hated running all through school and into my working out a lot days.
then I started running and realized its not about exercise.
it clears your mind, resets your emotions, and is one of the best workouts.
there's something primal about it.

God made us to be endurance animals.
our bodies positively react to it.
its not just healthy for you physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.

I used to rode motorcycles for a short bit and it gives me that same free feeling.

or maybe I'm just a nut job

I did the Corvettes (still have 2), raced motorcycles and bicycles. I've had scores of guns and enjoyed the competitions. I've had an extremely satisfying career and traveled all over the world.

Once you get a fatal diagnosis none of that means much, it's the people you want to enjoy while you can.

Do what makes you happy but never forget time is always limited. An personal expiration date changes your priorities like nothing else can.

Cheers!

Climbed Mt Rainier. Was going to climb more but that one took the Mountain wanderlust right out of me. Now I work in my wood shop with my free time.

93ED9457-ECC6-4072-92CD-B557298E3077.jpeg

5 years ago I answered the phone and came out of musical 'retirement'.

I am playing the largest rooms in my career with the finest musicians and having the time of my life.

Sober

The seriousness and complexity of your mid-life crisis is directly related to how much you are living a life constructed and driven by someone else. As kids we try to live up to our parents', friends', and peers' expectations. As we mature we should be letting go of those expectations and living our own lives. But by the time we're ready to do that we've sometimes acquired a spouse, a family, a career, a social set that *WE* didn't really choose. Those things are hard to change, and the longer we go without facing up to that reality and making those changes, the more drastic the changes are when we finally decide to let go and strike out on our own.

I bought into the "American Dream" of a wife, kids, dog, house, car, career, social ladder, memberships, and status based on how my parents lived and what they expected of me. I made some awful choices, which were hard to correct 20 years down the road. But things finally got bad enough, painful enough that I had to make some changes.

I bought the Corvette.
vette.jpg

I dumped an unfaithful and spendthrift wife. I quit a job whose only redeeming quality was a large salary. I played around with various women, hobbies, social activities, and religions. In the end I changed spouses, jobs, locations, real estate, dogs, cars, and added more kids, all of which were finally not what someone else envisioned for me, but what made me truly happy.

Yes, it was painful, but like pulling an infected tooth, it allowed me to heal. If I hadn't done it I would not have survived. Because of the people who came into my life 20 years ago I survived cancer, potential alcoholism, and depression. I still firmly believe that it was the death of my last remaining parent that set me free. I filed for divorce that same year and married my current spouse within 18 months.

It's been 20 years since those days of crisis, and life is sweet. I regret wasting so many years trying to live someone else's dream. But at 72, life is precious and real. I have a sweet and loving wife and beautiful young daughters who make it worth getting up every morning.
Alex2018 - 2.jpg

I live the life I choose to live now, without shame or fear. I would guess that there are people who never get to that crisis stage because they either never wake up, or because they never made the mistake of trying to please someone else by living out someone else's vision for their life. It is what it is. I wouldn't change a thing now. Bring it on.

The seriousness and complexity of your mid-life crisis is directly related to how much you are living a life constructed and driven by someone else. As kids we try to live up to our parents', friends', and peers' expectations. As we mature we should be letting go of those expectations and living our own lives. But by the time we're ready to do that we've sometimes acquired a spouse, a family, a career, a social set that *WE* didn't really choose. Those things are hard to change, and the longer we go without facing up to that reality and making those changes, the more drastic the changes are when we finally decide to let go and strike out on our own.

I bought into the "American Dream" of a wife, kids, dog, house, car, career, social ladder, memberships, and status based on how my parents lived and what they expected of me. I made some awful choices, which were hard to correct 20 years down the road. But things finally got bad enough, painful enough that I had to make some changes.

I bought the Corvette.
View attachment 646852

I dumped an unfaithful and spendthrift wife. I quit a job whose only redeeming quality was a large salary. I played around with various women, hobbies, social activities, and religions. In the end I changed spouses, jobs, locations, real estate, dogs, cars, and added more kids, all of which were finally not what someone else envisioned for me, but what made me truly happy.

Yes, it was painful, but like pulling an infected tooth, it allowed me to heal. If I hadn't done it I would not have survived. Because of the people who came into my life 20 years ago I survived cancer, potential alcoholism, and depression. I still firmly believe that it was the death of my last remaining parent that set me free. I filed for divorce that same year and married my current spouse within 18 months.

It's been 20 years since those days of crisis, and life is sweet. I regret wasting so many years trying to live someone else's dream. But at 72, life is precious and real. I have a sweet and loving wife and beautiful young daughters who make it worth getting up every morning.
View attachment 646859

I live the life I choose to live now, without shame or fear. I would guess that there are people who never get to that crisis stage because they either never wake up, or because they never made the mistake of trying to please someone else by living out someone else's vision for their life. It is what it is. I wouldn't change a thing now. Bring it on.
They're both beautiful.

I bought the Corvette.
View attachment 646852

View attachment 646859

The little lady in the hat is going to love that VETTE

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top