JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Guys, I believe when we had one of these last there was a request to keep the fire arm part of our group on the down low. This venue is in the full "LEFT" hand side of Portlandia after all. For obvious reasons, even though open carry is legal in the city/multco under certain conditions, it definitely would be inappropriate. Heck, I don't even know if @Joe Link tells them when he reserves the room what NWFA stands for?

I'd ask the CVSC leadership if NWFA can have a day on the range, but since booze and bullets don't mix, it wouldn't be fun-enough for some members......

Only foreseeable option:

Pew-pew-pew 8-noon, then BBQ at the colocated Crabtree Park might work.

I'm willing to ask the leadership, serve as RSO, and chip in some $, but don't want to be the project manager...somebody else would need to coordinate the covered picnic area at the park, etc.

Perhaps a couple NWFA members who are also CVSC members would help me RSO..

Need the lead time....

Guys, I believe when we had one of these last there was a request to keep the fire arm part of our group on the down low. This venue is in the full "LEFT" hand side of Portlandia after all. For obvious reasons, even though open carry is legal in the city/multco under certain conditions, it definitely would be inappropriate. Heck, I don't even know if @Joe Link tells them when he reserves the room what NWFA stands for?

Yeah, no way would I open carry. I think it would be ok to wear like a 2nd amendment shirt or the like.

So far lots of excitement, no dates yet. The only blocked time frame I have right now is Jan 12-14.

Well...
If you were female, I'd say your "my brown eyed girl" :eek:
We used to change that and belt out, "You are, my brown-eye girrrllll !!"
"No Oscar Mayer Wiener..." - Funky Cold Medina

Bend? :eek: why not Vancouver? :D
Because its Van-tucky? Not hip enough. :D

I don't live in Vancouver!! ;):D Plus I'm not sure I want everyone knowing where I live. There are very few that I have given the distinct pleasure of knowing and a couple that I would add to the list. But for the general populus I will decline :D

Yeah, no way I would do that either. I was a member of an international forum a few years ago and a guy in Germany decided to host a get-together at his house for members of the forum that lived within driving distance. The gathering went well save for one problem - one of the guys on the forum he had tangled with showed up and caused problems, then harassed him after he was asked to leave - sending threatening notes to him, etc. I felt bad for the guy because he was genuinely nice guy, but that one episode taught him to never open his house to a group of folks like that again.

Eye bleach. Don't forget eye bleach.

Gotcha covered....

image.thumb.png.29ff4114aed3cf2430a84348d79323ec.png

Yeah, no way I would do that either. I was a member of an international forum a few years ago and a guy in Germany decided to host a get-together at his house for members of the forum that lived within driving distance. The gathering went well save for one problem - one of the guys on the forum he had tangled with showed up and caused problems, then harassed him after he was asked to leave - sending threatening notes to him, etc. I felt bad for the guy because he was genuinely nice guy, but that one episode taught him to never open his house to a group of folks like that again.

I'd be less worried about that than some jack wagon breaking in and stealing things when I am not home because he knows what I have and now knows where it is. It is sad that we have to think about this kind of thing.

I'd be less worried about that than some jack wagon breaking in and stealing things when I am not home because he knows what I have and now knows where it is. It is sad that we have to think about this kind of thing.
'Paranoia' is simply a state of Heightened Awareness.--Clint Smith

With what the world's becoming, if you're not paranoid you're simply not paying attention!--me

I don't live in Vancouver!! ;):D Plus I'm not sure I want everyone knowing where I live. There are very few that I have given the distinct pleasure of knowing and a couple that I would add to the list. But for the general populus I will decline :D
It is illegal in WA to carry concealed in a bar. Not so in OR.

My choice would be Lucky Lab on SE Hawthorne in Portland. It is larger than the NW Quimby place and dogs are allowed in some parts of it. But I will do any other final choice.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads