JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2nd season Elk opener, going to be a lot of guys in the woods NOT shooting unless at an elk me included but I'll be far from Wolf Creek.

I was shooting on my place yesterday, probably made a few 1st season guys roll their eyes. Haven't heard a lot of shooting in the woods around here in general. I think the weather may be putting the elk off and making the hunting a little tougher. I know some guys are connecting but I have a feeling it's not going to be a banner year in this area. I'll let you know next week :D

If there are guys hunting in the Mcgregor Basin where NFWC is and or areas like that around Browns Camp Rock Pit, I'm not exactly saying their choice of area is horrible, just not the best. These areas are known now for recreational shooting.

Seeing as I had to miss out on the pre-reopening on the 10th in order to deal with my bank's most excellent customer service, I was planning on getting out to see lane #3 this weekend, so Saturday the 17th is as good a day as any and for it not to be a solo range day will help to make up for the crap from this last weekend :) So, name the time and I'll be there!

I'm thinking 8 or 9. But I know you'll be there at like 5.

"Eastern folks"? Guess that make you "Way Out West"? :D I'd like to but I've got stuff going on pretty much any day that isn't raining for the next three weeks or so.
Nope that's @Legs who is also welcome to come.

I stopped in at the range Saturday on my way home from Hillsboro gun show, just to try out a new (to me) acquisition. Shot at lane 1, which was the only one available, but I did check out lane 3... it's beautiful! Lane 3 and 4 were getting heavy use while I was there. Lot's of folks enjoying the weather.
I'll try to make it Saturday.

Saturday...

Hmmm, have to see if the weather cooperates on Friday, that's my day to get all the Christmas lights on the house. Then of course there's the spousal approval...
"Spousal approval"? Never heard of it. :rolleyes:

My wife and I hope to be spending the first half of Saturday shooting our new guns on property in the Sherwood area with the son of the guy who owns it. We shot there a few weeks ago and though it doesn't have a lot of distance (plenty for caliburs up to 357 though) it is away from everything with a nice hill to shoot into. If that falls through my wife and I may try to find the place again on Saturday or Sunday (nobody mentioned that the road going into the shooting area did not have a sign on the gate and I went right on by last Sunday). We have a lot of 9mm and .380 to shoot up so we may go both days. :)

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads