Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Feedback Request Member Photos & Video Section Feedback

Discussion in 'NWFA Feedback Requests' started by Joe Link, May 27, 2016.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Some of you have probably noticed the new sidebar widget, displaying random photos from the Photo & Video section. While we're on the subject, I'd like to get some ideas as to how we can improve the section so it gets more use.

2. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Hey that's cool! Will that automatically loop through all the photo's or will we need to click the arrows to view others?

3. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

I like it! Seen allot of photos I had not seen before.

I really like the NWFA watermark on all of the photos. That's a great idea.

Is there a way to link the photo to where it was originally posted? I followed a few of them by clicking on the member that posted it, then went to their recent activity, then scrolled thru to find the posting with that specific picture. There has to be an easier way to make a direct link.

4. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Good to hear you like it! It doesn't move on it's own, but the arrows will scroll through. It displays 10 images with each page load, so refreshing the page will update which photos are displayed.

The media gallery is separate from photos which people upload in their posts. It serves as a place where people can upload photos and videos, organize them into folders, share with others, etc. Media gallery images can be embedded in posts once they're uploaded to the gallery.

Button:

2016-06-14 07_56_58-Feedback Request - Member Photos & Video Section .png

Media Box:

2016-06-14 07_59_06-Feedback Request.png
    Inserted Image:

AndyinEverson and Cogs like this.
  5. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Everson, Wa. Well-Known Member

Very cool feature.
    It is a neat and quick way to see some interesting guns or people and learn about them.
    Andy

6. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

You will learn NOTHING about me here! o_O

:D

AndyinEverson likes this.
  7. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Everson, Wa. Well-Known Member

Well that's fair Stomper.
    I know nothing and can prove it! LOL
    Andy

Stomper likes this.