JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ditched the last GF for less than this . Disagreement with a anti partner puts you in danger . I would not even go their now days ..with the red flag and domestic laws stacked against a person .A rabid anti not getting their way or loosing a argument , pre approved revenge is just a phone call away.
I would count my blessings that it was revealed .Less stress makes faster healing .hope your surgery goes well.

I ditched the last GF for less than this . Disagreement with a anti partner puts you in danger . I would not even go their now days ..with the red flag and domestic laws stacked against a person .A rabid anti not getting their way or loosing a argument , pre approved revenge is just a phone call away.
I would count my blessings that it was revealed .Less stress makes faster healing .hope your surgery goes well.
110% THIS! ^^^^^

She has know of my firearms for years, my hunting interests, which she did not like, but I never disclosed the ar's and mini 14 that I have. Nor did I tell her the other night. The discussion was about her view that ar's should not be accessible for military or police use only. And ar are for killing only, and have no other use. She learned this from TV and the news.
FWIW I told my wife about my gun "fetish" very early on.. and basically told her "Love me, love my guns". It was an issue that never came up again, even as I began collecting over the years. Dislike of firearms in the hands of civilians would be an immediate deal-breaker. Sounds like you have a bad one, and she will only be trouble, maybe SERIOUS trouble down the road.. Do you really trust this person to take charge of your affairs should you become very ill or incapacitated? You all ready know the answer I think. Good luck, God bless!
One bitter truth is worth more than a million sweet lies.

Last Edited:
@tkdguy ...

I am writing this on the day of your surgery. I remain hopeful that all goes well and that you and your brain feel better afterwards... A clogged carotid made my shooting buddy feel terrible, and my Mom suffered a major stroke from a carotid clot that broke loose. Wishing you a speedy recovery and the best results!!!

I came across something in a book that I am reading that "may" apply to your GF. I'll just leave it here FWIW when you get back to good health.

"____________ finds a receptive audience among society's disenchanted, disaffected, dissatisfied, and maladjusted who are unwilling or unable to assume responsibility for their own real or perceived conditions but instead blame their surroundings, the "system", and others. They are lured by false hopes and promises, and the criticisms of existing society, to which their connection is tentative or non-existent. Improving the malcontent's lot becomes linked to the cause. By exploiting human frailties, frustrations, jealousies, and inequities, a sense of meaning and self-worth is created in the malcontent's otherwise unhappy and directionless life." - Mark Levin

I am here in hospital and all I can see is normal visual and motor functioning and memory functions look normal and nurses conform. Vision normal so I think I dodged the bullet and no surgery secondary side effects. So good to shoot.

FWIW I told my wife about my gun "fetish" very early on.. and basically told her "Love me, love my guns". It was an issue that never came up again, even as I began collecting over the years. Dislike of firearms in the hands of civilians would be an immediate deal-breaker. Sounds like you have a bad one, and she will only be trouble, maybe SERIOUS trouble down the road.. Do you really trust this person to take charge of your affairs should you become very ill or incapacitated? You all ready know the answer I think. Good luck, God bless!
One bitter truth is worth more than a million sweet lies.
On the second date, if I think it's half viable, I'll tell them, "I usually carry a gun". Not one thought it odd or unacceptable and I've been with some real lefties.

She was ok with me carrying just nuts on ar,s. Which were willing machines and should not be sold to law abiding public as if that would stop mass shootings. Dummy. Her clandestine lived anget was symptomatic of a much bigger anti establishment rabid anger.

The other thing next go-around is, be sure to mention AR's when the gun subject comes up up-front. In my case, it's something like "thanks to an ex and her stalker ex, there's a POS out there that would waste me for a Klondike Bar and access to the best hardware I can lay hands on is an important part of keeping myself, my home and my loved ones safe, so anyone who wants to build a life with me in that home needs to at least be able to tolerate the presence of military-grade hardware and know how to be safe around it even if they're not up for joining the fun on Range Day."

I don't understand people who don't like police or government and don't like individual citizens to have guns... I ask them how they plan to deal with crime, in their no police/government world, and the best answer I ever got was that "the neighborhood watch would chase them down with whistles and solve things peacefully"... no joke intended, but surely made!

The next one is for a quick recovery. Take care!

Not to keep ringing a bell that has been already rung but...

If after 5 years you are just learning of this type of thing then your relationship has far far greater problems than a disagreement over ARs.

That and long-term 'courtships' that decide to live together over choosing marriage have a significantly greater failure rate than folks who are willing to make an actual commitment and marry.

I hope your surgery goes well and this added stress does not complicate your outcome.

That and long-term 'courtships' that decide to live together over choosing marriage have a significantly greater failure rate than folks who are willing to make an actual commitment and marry.

Seems to be the more common thing today. Marriage is not as popular as it once was...

Fine. But remember.

NO SHOOTING IN THE HOSPITAL.

Wait till you get home.

Oh, I don't know... it depends on how you define "shooting" and whether he can find good help!

I hope you didn't give here a key. If you did, have your locks changed. RIGHT NOW !!!
You just may come home from the hospital to an empty house.

You're late to the party Capn! He's already had the locks changed per much earlier post. :) (Yeah, I wouldn't read thru the entire thread either... ;))

Consider: Have someone you trust (perhaps your son?) babysit all your guns so if she decides to become vengeful you don't lose them.

Oregon legislature ( D )passed a bill that makes giving or loaning your guns to someone else require a legal transfer thru a FFL even if it's for a day. that Resticts the hours this can be done to regular biz hours. And is expensive and time consuming .Years ago I baby sitted friends firearms when they were on vacation or housolds difficultys
.Most people only Have 1 or 2 folks at best they would trust to do this . And they are not usally picked out by stupid anti law makers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top