JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me, I weed out the anti-gunners fast and early and won't even consider such a monster. The risks and headaches are not worth it. If a woman is open minded, I'll consider it. But if she is as the OP has described, there is no "reward" worth the time, hassle, risk, and headaches as the OP. I don't care if she's a supermodel, if she's anti-gun she is just not welcomed in my life given the total absolute POWER she will forever wield over you with a fabricated tear filled call to 911 on how you raped, threatened, stalked, point a gun at her, etc. You will go to jail at least overnight.... and lose all your guns for a long time. And you can count on a $50,000 lawyer bill.

Me too. The first date is a stainless single stack. Then a stainless double stack. Then it gets bigger and blacker til I'm convinced she's good to go, or she can't take it anymore.

Me too. The first date is a stainless single stack. Then a stainless double stack. Then it gets bigger and blacker til I'm convinced she's good to go, or she can't take it anymore.

Maybe you're joking but I don't think that's a good first date with a stranger. You don't know her felony or DV record, you don't know her mental health or trustworthiness, etc. I've dating a few women in my younger days who were very anti-gun and one had an emotional breakdown when I showed her an EMPTY revolver in a totally safe environment. She hyperventilated and had to leave.

No. My first dates are low commitment, low cost, and very exploratory on discussion and world views.

DUMP HER NOW

My son just went through 5 yrs of marriage with a similar person and they ended up in divorce, just finalized last week.

I could go on and literally write a book on this subject knowing all the crap that happened and the way it ended up. in 2014 when I attended their marriage, I thought ahead to the day the marriage was going to end, my only question was what would happen from that day to the day the divorce was final. Needless to say.... I nailed it and was exactly right.

I told my son to pull it back with this girl that their life philosophies would clash and it would not end well due to her being an admitted dem commie, yes, admitted and she was proud of it. His idea was that she had some conservative traits and he thought he could "turn her". He was wrong.

My son is dating an Asian woman right now and they go to the range together and shoot. She owns 2 Glocks, has her carry permit and wants to step it up and start shooting in competition. My son, needless to say is happy with her so far.

I tell him... "told you to find one like this back in 2014" He says I got two great kids out of the marriage with "******" so I think it was worth it... Yup, right, two kids who have to deal with a broken home and who will be raised "FULL ON COMMIE DUM-O-CRAT" by this girl.

Yes, me and my son have plans to combat that dem commie B.S. but it will be a full on fight for the next 18 yrs.

~

Last Edited:
DUMP HER NOW

My son just went through 5 yrs of marriage with a similar person and they ended up in divorce, just finalized last week.

I could go on and literally write a book on this subject knowing all the crap that happened and the way it ended up. in 2014 when I attended their marriage, I thought ahead to the day the marriage was going to end, my only question was what would happen from that day to the day the divorce was final. Needless to say.... I nailed it and was exactly right.

I told my son to pull it back with this girl that their life philosophies would clash and it would not end well due to her being an admitted dem commie, yes, admitted and she was proud of it. His idea was that she had some conservative traits and he thought he could "turn her". He was wrong.

My son is dating an Asian woman right now and they go to the range together and shoot. She owns 2 Glocks, has her carry permit and wants to step it up and start shooting in competition. My son, needless to say is happy with her so far.

I tell him... "told you to find one like this back in 2014" He says I got two great kids out of the marriage with "******" so I think it was worth it... Yup, right, two kids who have to deal with a broken home and who will be raised "FULL ON COMMIE DUM-O-CRAT" by this girl.

Yes, me and my son have plans to combat that dem commie B.S. but it will be a full on fight for the next 18 yrs.

~

People always say "yeah but I got a great kid out of it..." as a way of consoling themselves for otherwise atrocious decision making when the facts were obvious. What else can they say? It's truth, they love their kid. But their kid will grow up with probably 75% of the time in a communist house learning brainwashing garbage.

Far better to avoid that, having a loving sane together 2 parent household and skip the nonsense. Plenty of great women out there who share values with sanity.

Maybe you're joking but I don't think that's a good first date with a stranger. You don't know her felony or DV record, you don't know her mental health or trustworthiness, etc. I've dating a few women in my younger days who were very anti-gun and one had an emotional breakdown when I showed her an EMPTY revolver in a totally safe environment. She hyperventilated and had to leave.

No. My first dates are low commitment, low cost, and very exploratory on discussion and world views.
I agree. Fact is, a date or beginning of a relationship with a new guy, a stranger, is potentially dangerous. Most women, even gun owners, are really not going to be reassured by having the guy show up with serous weapons, ropes, chains, handcuffs, etc.

On the other hand, it's good to talk about guns early. Especially since being rabidly anti gun is often about more than guns. It's often an expression of a deep belief that individual humans are and should be helpless and ineffective, and only otherwise in groups or as governments. And that to take individual responsibility for anything, even your own safety, is abnormal and wrong.

People always say "yeah but I got a great kid out of it..." as a way of consoling themselves for otherwise atrocious decision making when the facts were obvious. What else can they say? It's truth, they love their kid. But their kid will grow up with probably 75% of the time in a communist house learning brainwashing garbage.

Far better to avoid that, having a loving sane together 2 parent household and skip the nonsense. Plenty of great women out there who share values with sanity.

I agree with every word you said.

But... hahah just have to throw this in, this girl from day one said kids are out of the question. Then popped 2 of them out suddenly claiming it was a failure of the birth control she was on. WTF?

I think she did it because her dad got terminal cancer and she granted his wish for grand kids. Her Dad and I got along well, he was a conservative repulican and that is the house this little commie girl came from???

Any way, you nailed it with your reply but I am a happy grand father now of two great kids who will have gokarts and all kinds of cool stuff [guns with proper supervision] to play with when they are at my house.

So got to agree with my son about the kids, he and I are going to double team these kids with "RIGHT" kind of thinking and philosophy and why it is RIGHT to think this way - conservatism, republican, capitalism etc. This is how my son was raised and he rquested my help so his kids could enjoy the same childhood he did. This is why I am moving from wa to mi in another 2 yrs when my wife retires.

Got to say, I am really looking froward to helping my son "raise them RIGHT" ;)

~

tkdguy--
Trust your gut.

You were already in a situation where you couldn't talk about guns or politics. Already bad news. Especially since a GF can have all your guns seized without cause or recourse, practically speaking. If she was uncomfy with your guns, she could have stripped you of them before she even moved in.

She was clueless that the mass shootings were almost in general commented by mentally ill people that commit criminal behavior, but mass shootings in the usa are rarely performed by criminal personality. Just did not want to hear that.

I would point out that mass shootings also include what the gang bangers do in places like Chicago, drive-bys etc. Just because the MSM doesn't talk about these any longer does not make them less significant. The MSM, and their slaves the progressives in Congress, would rather have us focus on spree killers (some with mental health issues and some just disaffected and angry) that recently used Modern Sporting Rifles and have been white boys, because it fits their agenda. Please don't fall for it!!!

My first wife had two kids when we met, then I made the dual mistakes of marrying and having a kid with her. All three hated me after SHE left ME. Because she spent all her time in badmouth mode. My daughter came back to me and is a church going conservative... the oldest step-daughter was a full blown leftist, and the boy is somewhere between. <sigh>

Yes, the kids will grow up in the shadow of the person they live with... a few can learn to be independent, most won't even think twice about what they believe and why!!!

A relationship does not have to be 100 percent compatible but it should be darn close. A strong emotional response as described is a good indicator of a negative relationship and I personally would avoid any and all present or future contact. I sense a 'control freak' and while you can be sympathetic towards them, you do not have to enable them by subjugating your own views!

It was a joke, I don't own a stainless double stack.

Co-habitation is a form of "quasi" marriage. And many marriages fail early because of failure to screen out incompatibles... instead people just fall for each other and that's it. IMO people need to shop for a mate more carefully, and completely vet the person prior to moving in together. (My wife and I agree on politics, firearms, kids, owning vs renting, financials in general, and investing. If we didn't, we wouldn't be living together!!!) That means having discussions about the "important" things. What's important to you and what's important to her. Because when you find out after having co-habited it is much harder to dissolve.

IMO, you need more Dr. Laura, and less Dr Oz. She is obviously passionate about these things... Be glad you found out now.
He is absolutely correct. And your assumptions are correct. Listen to your gut. It takes gumption to air out your plight. I applaud you!

Drop 'er like a hot potato or you'll get burned.

G1.png

All communication is closed. Friday is surgery. She is prohibited from visiting me in the hosptial or during my recovery for 10 days post surgery. She now knows that moving into my home is not going to happen. Any other solutions to keep her and or just bolting from the relationship? Thought about her having her own place and taking her to the range for education. I doubt she did any research on the topics we discussed. If not researched, she is closed minded and will never be open to education or changing her attitude. My son knows of her leftist ideas, and does not talk to her on same.

All communication is closed. Friday is surgery. She is prohibited from visiting me in the hosptial or during my recovery for 10 days post surgery. She now knows that moving into my home is not going to happen. Any other solutions to keep her and or just bolting from the relationship? Thought about her having her own place and taking her to the range for education. I doubt she did any research on the topics we discussed. If not researched, she is closed minded and will never be open to education or changing her attitude. My son knows of her leftist ideas, and does not talk to her on same.

Wiser people than me have said that you cannot change someone and it's not fair to either of you to try.

Look, you probably want to end up with a woman who is rational, curious about the world, open minded, generally interested in US history, liberty, the Constitution and Bill of Rights, self-motivated to learn things and useful skills, and so forth. At least that's MY personal criteria.

A raging irrational lunatic anti-Trumper anti-gunner who wants to ban "assault weapons" and "weapons of war" without even KNOWING what that means or the consequences etc. is NONE of those things. YOU cannot rehabilitate her. SHE is in control of herself and her own unique interests and goals and so forth.

Quite bluntly, all the data from world history, politics, violence stats, politics, liberty, etc. point to the fact that her views are not only demonstrably wrong but proven wrong repeatedly in history from any honest angle. So she is simply WRONG on her views, which tells me she's not very smart or worldly or rational. It's not a difference of opinion on whether ice cream or frozen yogurt tastes better. Her views are dangerously incorrect throughout time. She's a lost cause unless SHE fixes herself. You cannot do it for her.

Now, if SHE valued the relationship and you and respected YOUR opposing views, don't you think SHE would be self motivated to consider maybe she is wrong and respect you and actually try to learn your view point? I would hope so. She apparently has not done that in FIVE years.

You've also revealed she is 1) unemployed and 2) soon homeless. In other words, she needs you, she's clingy, and she is useless. WHO is unemployed? SERIOUS warning signs.

Remove yourself and her from the situation and pretend you are giving cold unemotional advice to me and I asked you:

Hey, I'm dating this woman for 5 years. We don't agree on fundamental things (rights, guns, the Constitution, etc.). She's so irrational about things we cannot even have an honest discussion about it. She doesn't have a job. She wants to move in with me, and is pressing me because she's soon to have her lease run out. What should I do...?

A smart person would walk from that relationship, NOT get more deeply ensnared given the immediate serious economic burden, living situation burden, and potentially RUIN of your property and liberty rights, and possibly forever.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top