JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And don't forget here in WA, I1639 passed in 2018 and mandated an annual background check by State Patrol to see if you can still keep your guns—still not implemented now 4 yrs later. So YOUR new process may take years for the permits, but don't think the powers that be on Salem will let that stop them from forcing a Jan 1 implementation date!

initiative 1639, requires that the Washington State Department of Licensing work with the Washington State Patrol and other state and local law enforcement agencies to develop a process to verify—at least once a year—that the owner of a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle remains eligible to possess a firearm under state and federal law.

And don't forget here in WA, I1639 passed in 2018 and mandated an annual background check by State Patrol to see if you can still keep your guns—still not implemented now 4 yrs later. So YOUR new process may take years for the permits, but don't think the powers that be on Salem will let that stop them from forcing a Jan 1 implementation date!

initiative 1639, requires that the Washington State Department of Licensing work with the Washington State Patrol and other state and local law enforcement agencies to develop a process to verify—at least once a year—that the owner of a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle remains eligible to possess a firearm under state and federal law.
Well I feel much safer now. I am sure all the scum criminals will now no longer have guns. :s0140:

according to oregonlive and kgw, 114 passed .. google still says only 56 percent but im not setting my hopes high.

question: so what now? what will happen? what are the things we can do?

this measure doesnt have grandfather clause so meaning buying mags now wont matter as it will still be unlawful after December 7.

unfunded permitting process wont be available in a month, few months or even a year.. meaning, we wont be able to buy anything unless another measure opposing this comes out but that will 2024.
What's next is I'm leaving this bubblegumhole.

This is all California, bringing their cancer here to rot this once amazing state that respected citizens' rights.

And it looks like we get Tina Kotex to remind us daily what horrible people we are.

Seriously, I'm out.

Most members here were awake. Not sure how much good it will do if a few more milquetoast gunowners are made aware of it.

At this point I think we'll have to do our best as individuals to mitigate the damages and support our favorite local gun shops. They may have a short boom time and then it could be a tough row depending on how OSP and the Sheriff's handle their parts.
Your favorite local gun shops are going out of business.

What's next is I'm leaving this bubblegumhole.

This is all California, bringing their cancer here to rot this once amazing state that respected citizens' rights.

And it looks like we get Tina Kotex to remind us daily what horrible people we are.

Seriously, I'm out.
Texas needs every conservative voice and vote, despite what some of the "natives" here think.

The big metros are blue beacons in a red state - just like Portland - but at least this is still a red state. Anyone looking to leave - we've got better weather, way cheaper gas, and if you own a home up there and can sell it before the market crashes, you'll find yourself in awe at what those dollars will buy here.

If not here - Oklahoma is solidly red and has 4 seasons, Utah and Idaho are good too - Idaho probably needs conservatives more than Texas just because of its tiny population making it an easy target for lefties to move in and screw things up.

My heart sinks for you guys stuck with this nonsense.

Maybe y'all need a ballot measure that limits the scope of ballot measures even further, or eliminates ballot measures all together. It sure seems that its been far easier to get nonsense pushed into law via ballot measure than by the legislature

its like seattle. if king county votes blue the whole state looses. it should be by county , each get 1 vote. not let 1 city rule the state.

the state takes all the money and dumps it into king county. someone in spokane should not have to pay for king counties issues
This is why the pols love ballot initiatives and direct democracy is not such a great idea. Pols get to wash their hands of any negative associations, and the low-information voters who are easily manipulated get to have say over your life. We all know that Oregon is no safer than it was yesterday, but the idiots who voted yes on this piece of bubblegum have been taken in by shiny objects and bitter Kool Aid.

Every single word of 114 is flatly unconstitutional. Every word. Yet, here we are, losing a fundamental right that we are GUARANTEED. This is not how this country is supposed to work.

I understand Phil Knight dumped a few million into the Drazan campaign -- I wonder if he could be compelled to mount a defense here. It won't be cheap. The magazine ban, as someone else mentioned, should be pretty easy to get overturned in the 9th Circus. But the rest of is going to take a lot of time and money.

Texas needs every conservative voice and vote, despite what some of the "natives" here think.

The big metros are blue beacons in a red state - just like Portland - but at least this is still a red state. Anyone looking to leave - we've got better weather, way cheaper gas, and if you own a home up there and can sell it before the market crashes, you'll find yourself in awe at what those dollars will buy here.

If not here - Oklahoma is solidly red and has 4 seasons, Utah and Idaho are good too - Idaho probably needs conservatives more than Texas just because of its tiny population making it an easy target for lefties to move in and screw things up.

Maybe y'all need a ballot measure that limits the scope of ballot measures even further, or eliminates ballot measures all together. It sure seems that its been far easier to get nonsense pushed into law via ballot measure than by the legislature
Thanks. I'm not a conservative, rather a constitutionalist, meaning a lower-case 'L' libertarian who actually believes those words on paper are supposed to mean something.

You could see the Eastern Oregon secession movements come back to life here. It's going to get very messy for the Beaver State and we should not give up without a fight, but we are -- pardon the pun -- outgunned and outnumbered.

Now we have to challenge each part of this multi topic Ballot Measure. Magazine limits will probably be nullified in the next few months by the Ninth Circuit. The unfunded requirements for Purchase Permit will take more time to defeat. A publicly searchable database of all Firearms Permit holders violates the Fourth Ammendment. Any additional BS that is not challenged will remain the law.
Forget about the Fourth...

"Shall not be infringed."

I don't see an asterisk anywhere.

In one night, our rights have been taken from us... BY OUR FELLOW CITIZENS. bubblegum them.

Thanks. I'm not a conservative, rather a constitutionalist, meaning a lower-case 'L' libertarian who actually believes those words on paper are supposed to mean something.

You could see the Eastern Oregon secession movements come back to life here. It's going to get very messy for the Beaver State and we should not give up without a fight, but we are -- pardon the pun -- outgunned and outnumbered.
Ahem... outgunned?!

Speak for yourself.
:s0085:

Pray the day never comes...

""It was not well to drive men into final corners; at those moments they could all develop teeth and claws."

Florida is the new Texas.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top