JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My fault for arguing with someone who is A. an internet lawyer and B. someone who will bend the knee to the political establishment!

I'm going out in the back yard and shoot (500 yard range).
Sorry if I made you angry. We are supposed to be exceptional to each other but sometimes discussion goes down hill.

Really, have a nice day.

I have read the measure, all 19 pages of it. Can you please copy and paste the clause/ verbiage that allows this? I myself, and a few other legal counselors I have spoken with do not see any allowance for existing magazines. We all agree the effect of this legislation will be illegal possession after the bill passed. Regardless of purchase date.

Noncompliance is next. Don't let the purple haired thems and theys tell you how to live your life
My daughter falls in that catogery and 'they' are also opposing this. Poor thing has had lots of traumatic expieriences that lead to that... including all kinds of abuse from my ex's narcissistic trans, musician, author, pastor single mom business and church in beaverton owner who did not want to pay child support because she has to pay the gardener lol. It took me and my wife 10 years to finally get her and her disabeled brothers out of there because nobody does anything or takes anything serious. She tried to take her own life years ago in her room there and calls me 5miles away when her abuser was outside the door in the kitchen. Boy don't get me stared and Hillsboro PD tells me kids have no rights, even tho I had a court order infront of me that says they are free to leave the exes house as they please as I waited a block away in the car. The ex physically blocked the door. More than once did we call Police and they did absolutely 0. Now I found out the ex bought a gun for her 'protection'.

My (step)daughter is very smart and actually sees the implication after years of beating the same old dead horse with her she finally gets is, but what I observed from her conversation is this crowd looks at this from a 'school shooting perspective' they think those shootings will end with the permit requirement and less bullets because they simply are so afraid they dont even want to educate themselfs let alone come near a murderous instrument. My Kid hates guns, but understood they need to know how to used them, especially since we live in gangland. It was very importnat to teach that NOTHING happens until YOUR finger is on that trigger. Its 100% you controlling whats going on. So my kid is a lgbtq they them blue haird leftist that knows how to shoot revolvers, glocks and ars lol, didn't want to touch my ak...too much recoil. They had fun but they don't ever want to touch em again because someone got shot right infront of her walking distance from where we live. Her dumbass friend had no idea what was happening but my daughter dropped everything and booked it cause she recognized the sound. She is not friends anymore with that person (who supported measure 114 btw). Needles to say thats an influence on her entire friend group ;). Anyway its on the parents to explain things correctly in words their kids understand. I made it about her and her friends that are all afraiad of hatecrimes.

Could they have they would have voted no on the measure. My son had a gun pulled on him right into his face in portland so he wont support any of that crap either.. my oldest loves his 1911 that I got him so hes good too lol.
I explained that it will literally be impossible for all my kids friends and themselfs to obtain protection in a timely manner if at all.maybe you Got a biased person processing applications and randomly denying it because of race, gender, sexual orientation or whatnot. So whats the standart there? May issue...shall issue? Will it be just a formality or can you actually be denied?

So I have to say noncompliance is what has to happen. Its unconstitutional and I will continue to use my 30rd mags like nothing happened. Afterall we have protection from searches and seizures. Keep your bag close and if you hear a car throw the mags in the bag and close it. Just have to be smart about it I guess. No mags, no searches, am I being detained or free to go? Yes-bye have a good day and you stfu and leave. Simple as that.

I have read the measure, all 19 pages of it. Can you please copy and paste the clause/ verbiage that allows this? I myself, and a few other legal counselors I have spoken with do not see any allowance for existing magazines. We all agree the effect of this legislation will be illegal possession after the bill passed. Regardless of purchase date.
No. I already copy and pasted the darn thing. Read it. (post count 2)?

Section 11 (4) (c) (C):

(C) While engaging in the legal use of the large-capacity magazine, at a public or private shooting range or shooting gallery
or for recreational activities such as hunting, to the extent permitted under state law; or

This morning I requested that Oregon Live fix their inaccurate reporting in article where they implied that 10+ cap mags could only be used on public lands for hunting where hunting laws allowed. Surprisingly they have already made the correction to the story. It now reads:

One other exception: People who already own the magazines can keep them in a private home, on private property, use them at a shooting range or in a shooting competition, or for recreational purposes such as hunting as allowed by state law.

Prior to the correction it read:

One other exception: People who already own the magazines can keep them in a private home, on private property, use them at a shooting range or in a shooting competition, or for hunting when state hunting laws allow.

This morning I requested that Oregon Live fix their inaccurate reporting in article where they implied that 10+ cap mags could only be used on public lands for hunting where hunting laws allowed. Surprisingly they have already made the correction to the story. It now reads:

One other exception: People who already own the magazines can keep them in a private home, on private property, use them at a shooting range or in a shooting competition, or for recreational purposes such as hunting as allowed by state law.

Prior to the correction it read:

One other exception: People who already own the magazines can keep them in a private home, on private property, use them at a shooting range or in a shooting competition, or for hunting when state hunting laws allow.
This seems like a small inaccuracy but most 10+ capacity mags used on public lands would be used for other recreational purposes besides hunting, mostly target shooting.

This morning I requested that Oregon Live fix their inaccurate reporting in article where they implied that 10+ cap mags could only be used on public lands for hunting where hunting laws allowed. Surprisingly they have already made the correction to the story.
Well done!

Papers and their reporters need polite feedback; I'll bet most of them don't believe anyone might be opposed to the junk, and expanding their viewpoints, moving their 'Overton Window" if you please, might be useful.

Well done!

Papers and their reporters need polite feedback; I'll bet most of them don't believe anyone might be opposed to the junk, and expanding their viewpoints, moving their 'Overton Window" if you please, might be useful.
I was polite and actually offered a small bit of praise to the reporter. She provided one of the more comprehensive articles that I have seen so far.

So are any standard 10 round mags now "illegal" if they have a baseplate? E.g. pretty much any 10-round OEM Glock Mag (e.g. 43x/48 mags)

(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition and allows a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload, but does not include any of the following: (A) An ammunition feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable, now or in the future, of accepting more than 10 rounds of ammunition;

So are any standard 10 round mags now "illegal" if they have a baseplate? E.g. pretty much any 10-round OEM Glock Mag (e.g. 43x/48 mags)

(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition and allows a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload, but does not include any of the following: (A) An ammunition feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable, now or in the future, of accepting more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
My glock 10 rounders other than the ones for the 26, have an entirely different base. I got them by an accidental order one time.

" Its unconstitutional and I will continue to use my 30rd mags like nothing happened. Afterall we have protection from searches and seizures. Keep your bag close and if you hear a car throw the mags in the bag and close it. Just have to be smart about it I guess. No mags, no searches, am I being detained or free to go? Yes-bye have a good day and you stfu and leave. Simple as that."
Holy cow man. First off thanks for sharing your opinion and a look into your life. I agree with your last statement in the fact that it is completely unconstitutional. Just do your thing like normal, be a good boy dont raise hell with Johnny law and you'll be fine. At least where I'm at that is 😄 hell the sheriff's wont uphold it..

My question: The range I frequent is also the closest range for many from a neighboring state, they regularly outnumber Orgonians during our "Tactical Sunday" shoots. So, will non-residents be able to bring they're legally owned standard cap mags to the range? Any other ways this effects non residents that regularly frequent Oregon ranges?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads