JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did OSP violate the Judge's TRO by continuing to work on M114 and posting the application online? My understanding was the TRO froze any and all implementation of the measure?
Not at all. The TRO restrains the state "from enforcing" the measure, nothing about continuing implementation. Read the the Order.

I didn't want to start another 114 thread, but in the numerous discussions online here and on other forums I haven't seen this issue brought up and obviously it depends on some or all of 114 being implemented, but…

What about replacing magazines due to theft? What is the insurance value of an item that the state has made priceless but otherwise is $20 across the country? Is this grounds for future standing should the current legal challenges fail?

I'm fairly optimistic with the way other 2A cases are going across the country but this is something that I was contemplating as I'm organizing mags.

The way my mind works... you know they are travelling to Burns at least the day before... so it begs the question what kind of a reception will they get?

Makes you wish you owned an eatery in town, hu? "Sorry, our coffee machine is broken and the donuts are 3 day old." I wouldn't dare order anything off the menu if I were them. Someone is likely bound to at least spit in it.

Harney country had the 2nd highest percentage of no on 114 votes in the State. I doubt the AG's troop is going to meet many friendly faces in town.

Just sayin.... 🤣
I'll bet money they stay in Bend and either drive over tomorrow morning......or fly in from Redmond. :eek:

-E-

I didn't want to start another 114 thread, but in the numerous discussions online here and on other forums I haven't seen this issue brought up and obviously it depends on some or all of 114 being implemented, but…

What about replacing magazines due to theft? What is the insurance value of an item that the state has made priceless but otherwise is $20 across the country? Is this grounds for future standing should the current legal challenges fail?

I'm fairly optimistic with the way other 2A cases are going across the country but this is something that I was contemplating as I'm organizing mags.
Just a short trip off topic....

Unless you have exceptional coverage... ~$15 (depreciation/fair market value) , but you only get 85% that up front. Once you repurchase another one and submit the receipt, then you get the other 15% they previously withheld. ;)

Seriously, it really depends on your personal property coverage, deductibles (if any), and then fighting the insurance companies price sheets... which are often outdated and generic. IE., They may not have prices for... say.... a Glock OEM G17 standard capacity magazine. Just a generic 9mm magazine one price fits all for any capacity or brand of mag. So... magpuls are $9 and glocks are $25 so $15 is "fair market value" kind of deal.

Replacement value coverage is available with many insurance companies. It's not usually the standard though and you would have to ask specifically for it, but it will also cost you out the nose.

Back to our regularly scheduled dramafest.....

For ballot measures, the Secretary of State forwards the text of the prospective petition to the attorney general to draft a ballot title and oversees the process of creating the official Explanatory Statement and Fiscal Estimates. The OSP could have been consulted at any point in that process. Not a bad thing.
Will be interesting to see what OSP and SoS discussed, including what they thought about the ballot language. Maybe OSP got steamrolled by SoS and others. Who knows

I'd be shocked if the state's legal team appears in person. It's snow and ice packed roads from Detroit to Burns. I know how terrified liberal westsiders are of snow. If nothing else it may be an excuse for them to call for a reschedule. Oh wait. They are the ones who think it's ok to do everything virtually. Lol.

I'd be shocked if the state's legal team appears in person. It's snow and ice packed roads from Detroit to Burns. I know how terrified liberal westsiders are of snow. If nothing else it may be an excuse for them to call for a reschedule. Oh wait. They are the ones who think it's ok to do everything virtually. Lol.
If they don't show up, they should be fined for it for waiting the courts time!

Chains and studs, nuff said!

I used to drive it every year at Christmas when I lived in Idaho and would come back here. It's not that big a whoop, the road is mostly straight and flat to Burns.

I used to drive it every year at Christmas when I lived in Idaho and would come back here. It's not that big a whoop, the road is mostly straight and flat to Burns.
I drive it all the time. The flats between Bend and Burns is where I always find the wrecks. I've picked up or assisted three people in single car accidents already this winter.

I drive it all the time. The flats between Bend and Burns is where I always find the wrecks. I've picked up or assisted three people in single car accidents already this winter.
Just checked the Tripcheck road cams. The roads are clear all the way.

Judge is now asking for the TRO to stay in effect until state can tell him that they have the full permitting process in place (could be weeks or even months).
Once state notifies they are "fully ready" to implement permitting process, he would allow a hearing to take place within 10 days to review and consider lifting the TRO.

Judge is now asking for the TRO to stay in effect until state can tell him that they have the full permitting process in place (could be weeks or even months).
Once state notifies they are "fully ready" to implement permitting process, he would allow a hearing to take place within 10 days to review and consider lifting the TRO.
Skip to the 1.00 mark for the relevant part ;)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top