JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
State is now challenging the TRO covering all sections of 1-10; specifically concerned with sections 6-9 (sections that cover the 3-day release).
They've asked for the next available hearing to address sections 6-9. They want this separated from permitting process and removed from TRO asap.
Judge set a hearing for Dec 23, to address "cHaRleSton lOoPhOlE."

Yes plus every on that has a gun held in limbo should chip in some as well I know I would chip in 100$ take that times 37000 + people and FFL shops good start
State is now challenging the TRO covering all sections of 1-10; specifically concerned with sections 6-9 (sections that cover the 3-day release).
They've asked for the next available hearing to address sections 6-9. They want this separated from permitting process and removed from TRO asap.
None of this would be a issue if they left the existing system in place lol.

So for the time being we can purchase magazines and firearms as normal until December 23rd?

So for the time being we can purchase magazines and firearms as normal until December 23rd?
They are beating up the magazine ban now.

They have a Harney County FFL holder/gun dealer on the stand.
Making a mockery of the wording of the magazine ban.
Focusing on the "removable baseplate" and how it bans the majority of common magazines since most have removeable baseplates.
Also brought up mag tubes on shotguns. These also commonly have extensions available. Even discussed use of mini shells changing round count that could be used.

As someone who was instant transfer for a decade, as recently as Sunday... With OSP removing the CHL queue, am I still likely to get an instant transfer if I buy another tomorrow?

Focusing on the "removable baseplate" and how it bans the majority of common magazines since most have removeable baseplates.
Also brought up mag tubes on shotguns. These also commonly have extensions available. Even discussed use of mini shells changing round count that could be used.
Glad this point was made. I was told previously that "readily" meant if you have the mag and an extension kit that "readily" applies. I looked up the legal definition as it applies to firearms and it means if it could easily be converted and not that the conversion is in hand.

This means that according to the provisions of the mag ban that even if the mag can hold zero rounds and has a removable base plate that it could be converted to greater than ten and thus illegal.

Last Edited:

State attorney is hilarious.
He pretty much said, "well, even if you can't sell handguns that accept magazines, you could still sell revolvers, right?"
Also state attorney recommended altering magazines to make them compliant by "gluing the baseplate" or "riveting baseplate" or buying obscure magazines with riveted baseplates.

Gun dealer later in testimony said, glue can be cut and rivets easily removed (drilled out).
Also said that by permanently affixing baseplates it would prevent owners from properly cleaning the magazine.

Last Edited:
For those that don't vid... or missed it earlier...

Listen or Watch Oral Arguments, Tuesday, December 13th at 9am.

https://www.courts.oregon.gov/courts/...
(Scroll to the middle of the page)

Harney Webex – PUBLIC
December 13, 2022 at 9:00 AM
Join from the meeting link:

https://oregonjudicial.webex.com/oregonjudicial

Join by meeting number:
MEETINGS.WEBEX.COM
Meeting number (access code): 2490 636 2369
Meeting password: HARpublic22*

Join by phone:
1-408-418-9388
Access code: 2486 636 2369 ##

Edit: Webex link fixed. Webex app may be downloaded and used or follow the link to open in your browser.
Bumping this to the top,, i have been on the meeting this morning, sorry if inappropiate, but i feel its very important.....

FFL dealer on the stand as the witness was the owner of "Spent Cartridge" in Burns, OR.
He did a great job.

Now taking a 15 minute break, Judge and attorneys are deliberating.

Kind of funny that a part of the witness's argument was that Midway USA wouldn't sell him firearms/magazines, even 10 round mags because they had removable baseplates.
We've been beating up Midway USA (myself included) because of their interpretation of BM114 and unwillingness to ship to OR.
Turns out this might actually help our cause!? LOL

State is working hard to explain how the Mag Restrictions written into 114 essentially ban the majority of Firearms in the great state of Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top