JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And then passing all legislation they don't want voters/ignorant unwashed masses to overturn using the "Emergency" process to prevent referendum. How voters don't see that as a big red flag is beyond me.
Human nature - even if they do see it, if they agree with the legislation, they think the machinations used to put it in place would never be used against them. Same goes for infringement of rights - until their rights are infringed in a way they don't like, they are fine with other people being tromped on.

Human nature - even if they do see it, if they agree with the legislation, they think the machinations used to put it in place would never be used against them. Same goes for infringement of rights - until their rights are infringed in a way they don't like, they are fine with other people being tromped on.
"I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party"

OFF applied direct pressure to the 114 wound to try and stop the immediate bleeding. FPC and GOA came in with a tourniquet. The NRA is like the shift supervisor who stands around and takes credit for everyone else's work.

The language of the measure specifically allows this for training classes.
One of my many concerns is the cost of the class. The permit price is set for now, but nothing says how long they have to stick with it. Since this entire measure is punishment and not safety, I can see them continue in a punitive light.

One of my many concerns is the cost of the class. The permit price is set for now, but nothing says how long they have to stick with it. Since this entire measure is punishment and not safety, I can see them continue in a punitive light.
According to Superintendent of OSP a few minutes ago, administrative part of the permit training can be a simple new module in the CHL training. Oregon State Sheriffs Association already has the CHL class available for free online so there is no reason to think this module would not also be free. OSP has yet to develop a plan for the demonstration portion.

FOX NEWS!
An NRA-backed lawsuit was filed on Thursday and requested a preliminary injunction over the measure allegedly placing "severe and unprecedented burdens" on state residents looking to exercise their Second Amendment rights.
The NRA backed one of these?
How? With money or a statement.
They are useless unless you are the president and need your legal bills paid!

1670434052113.png

Wasn't that tried a couple or so years ago and didn't get enough signatures?

Jack
It was spearheaded by one of our own members. We should not give up. Let's use the anti gun groups model where we keep pounding since we only need to win once to win forever.

IIRC that was about restricting when EMERGENCY legislation could be used and that's kind of a hard sell. We should pitch it instead as a "loophole" (which in this case it is and why they use it) that prevents CITIZEN referendum over such legislation.

They can EMERGENCY all they wans so long as citizens can recall it if WE THE PEOPLE desire.

Basically the OSP super intendent stated

No live fire portion coursework outlined

Applications will become available tomorrow

They will use fingerprint cards manually, and submit them to the FBI or mail them? Lol

Then keep track of all the permits in an Excel spreadsheet in The Intern.

They were trying to figure out how to protect public databases with permit holders. They recommended the same privacy as CHL holders.

LOL. All of this certainly created more work for them to figure out administratively how to "reinvent the system"

Maybe, maybe not - I am a pessimist and skeptic when it comes to human nature, so I can't deny that the entropy of politics means we are slowly circling the drain.

That said, we should do the best we can to delay that outcome, and that is what this thread is about. Pointing out that we are all eventually doomed - save some kind of cataclysmic reset which might be even worse - is just repeating the obvious and not helping.
Don't give into a bully, even if he is a NY billionaire. If you show the Oregon shills, we are willing to give in without fighting, who can blame them? Stealing candy from a baby, it's so easy.

Agree @Provincial . One of the specific reasons it passed is because of the inability to write a brief description of what the law covers for voters. This is a critical point for the courts to consider. The folks that were out getting signatures were able to say, "Look over here!!!" without showing all the other components, so far from single issue.
ABSOLUTELY. I have read several news pieces about this bill and not one of the reporters grasps the number of hurdles which 114 presents. Neither do they communicate the staggering delays and financial hurdles which are inevitable if this goes to full deployment.

FOX NEWS!
An NRA-backed lawsuit was filed on Thursday and requested a preliminary injunction over the measure allegedly placing "severe and unprecedented burdens" on state residents looking to exercise their Second Amendment rights.
The NRA backed one of these?
How? With money or a statement.
They are useless unless you are the president and need your legal bills paid!

View attachment 1325813
I hope the NRA stays out of it. They are too late to the game. If they want to donate money, great. It would have been easier to grease palms before 114 made it to the ballot.

One of the most egregious laws to be written and the NRA was invisible. They were more vocal with bump stocks and red flag laws.

ABSOLUTELY. I have read several news pieces about this bill and not one of the reporters grasps the number of hurdles which 114 presents. Neither do they communicate the staggering delays and financial hurdles which are inevitable if this goes to full deployment.
Obligatory JMHO, but the flip side of that is "Oh, heck no! There aren't going be any staggering delays or financial burdens placed on anyone" and the only way for that to be true is the required 'training' and permit process is so watered down that it really isn't anything at which point the supporters will come back and say that because the Well Intentioned sic 114 didn't help as much as they thought it would we need to do more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top