JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Permit to Purchase is unconstitutnal, requiring the permit BEFORE a firearm can be purchased, it basically blocks a person from legally obtaining a firearm prior to taking a mandated class required as part of that permit process, it's a circle jerk with no payoff if you don't already own a gun! THATS where it will fall!

Outside of that, the bigger question of the constitutnality of a Permit to Purchase, There Is NO Historical Analog supporting that, so it's only a matter of time before that gets shot down in flames, and if 114 gets all the way to the SCOTUS, it will assuredly be struck down!
I agree but it could take 4-5 years for that process to unfold, in the meantime we live under measure 114 and all small business gun stores other than a couple large chain stores will go out of business.

On the AG's Twitter she notes: What's next? We will petition to the Oregon Supreme Court ASAP, seeking to align the result in our state courts with the federal court's well-reasoned and thoughtful decision.
Don't forget the SCOTUS mandate that lower courts now have to filter Second Amendment laws through the Bruen filter…. Buh bye BM 114…. Just sayin'

Don't forget the SCOTUS mandate that lower courts now have to filter Second Amendment laws through the Bruen filter…. Just sayin''
That doesn't mean theyre going to do it without fighting it up to a higher court. Could take years. Illinois FOID are still in effect.

That doesn't mean theyre going to do it without fighting it up to a higher court. Could take years. Illinois FOID are still in effect.
Illinois FOID was, I believe, deemed in violation of the Constitution. These examples of state courts and lawmakers not following the SCOTUS are all examples of where We the People need to show up with pitchforks and torches, so to speak…

Illinois FOID was, I believe, deemed in violation of the Constitution. These examples of state courts and lawmakers not following the SCOTUS are all examples of where We the People need to show up with pitchforks and torches, so to speak…
Oregon under left wing control has had a tradition of ignoring Federal law. Sanctuary state. Refusal to cooperate with Federal agents in regards to illegal aliens and employment. Motor voter making it possible for non citizens voting in Federal elections "unless they get caught by state agencies".

I believe in States Rights, but those rights exist OUTSIDE of what is contained in the US Constitution.

Oregon under left wing control has had a tradition of ignoring Federal law. Sanctuary state. Refusal to cooperate with Federal agents in regards to illegal aliens and employment. Motor voter making it possible for non citizens voting in Federal elections "unless they get caught by state agencies".

I believe in States Rights, but those rights exist OUTSIDE of what is contained in the US Constitution.
Drugs too. I hear theyve decriminalized just about everything?

I agree but it could take 4-5 years for that process to unfold, in the meantime we live under measure 114 and all small business gun stores other than a couple large chain stores will go out of business.
As long as the State Judge doesn't back down with his injunction, and the state *cannot?* Force him to remove it, then we get a reprieve from 114 in it's entirety until it gets settled!

* Not sure if the State Supreme court can reverse his injunction!*

I'm agreeing with you here. Handing a gun to someone in your vicinity to use is not and has never been a transfer. A transfer is a change of ownership.
You will find that the Feds disagree; a transfer for them is a change of possession. But (staying away from 'prohibited persons') not the situation you describe, principally because nothing interstate in it.

:)

c15ef9d15ac4a5ec.jpg FjDpOVdXoAEBz82.jpg FjN1T-tWAAAPe43.jpg FjGFIqUWYAAcPUt.jpg

Last Edited:
Drugs too. I hear theyve decriminalized just about everything?
Sadly true. They "worry" about suicidal people buying a pistol but don't give horse squeeze one about the fact that the same person can get a lethal dose of fentanyl within a block a lot cheaper and quicker.

Don't forget the SCOTUS mandate that lower courts now have to filter Second Amendment laws through the Bruen filter…. Buh bye BM 114…. Just sayin'
I think what the AG meant is that the Harney County case, which was based on the Oregon Constitution, is likely to be overturned by the Oregon Supreme Court, putting it in the same position as the federal cases based on the 2A are currently. The Harney County case doesn't have to comply with Bruen, since it's not a 2A case.

Judiciary and Ballot Measure 110 Implementation
12/7/2022 8:30 AM, HR B

Work Session
Introduction of Committee Legislative Concepts
When available, LC drafts will be posted on the committee's OLIS page

Informational Meeting
Invited Speakers Only
Ballot Measure 114

Terri Davie, Superintendent, Oregon State Police (OSP)
Rebecca David, Commander, Public Safety Services Bureau, OSP

Judiciary and Ballot Measure 110 Implementation
12/7/2022 8:30 AM, HR B

Work Session
Introduction of Committee Legislative Concepts
When available, LC drafts will be posted on the committee's OLIS page

Informational Meeting
Invited Speakers Only
Ballot Measure 114

Terri Davie, Superintendent, Oregon State Police (OSP)
Rebecca David, Commander, Public Safety Services Bureau, OSP
Then, over in the house Judiciary Committee we find this meeting on Dec. 9, which may include some tweaking of M118:
  • Gun Violence Prevention Work Group Update
    Discussion of legislative concepts
    Rep. Paul Evans, House District 20
    Rep. Dacia Grayber, House District 35
  • Discussion of Committee Member Legislative Concepts
    Presenters to be Determined
  • Note change: Presenters and topics revised.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top