JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The plaintiffs in the Eyre/NSSF and the Sportsman's cases stipulated to the 30 day temporary restraining order on permitting and agreed to hold off on an injunction for the mag ban until they can fully brief it as a motion for preliminary injunction. I suspect the hearing will be 3-4 weeks out. Thank god for Harney County and the stayed mag ban. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ord.170629/gov.uscourts.ord.170629.26.0.pdf
Maybe these attorneys from each of the 5 suits are talking to each other and just tag teaming the fed. Judge. It's all about timing?

Maybe these attorneys from each of the 5 suits are talking to each other and just tag teaming the fed. Judge. It's all about timing?
I have read the ALL of the court documents. The lawyers for the Harney County hearing did a much better job of making a case.

Last Edited:
I suspect they are talking, but honestly, they are probably each doing the best for their own client's interests, regardless of what happens to others - ie, trying to ban as much of it they can for as long as they can. These two guys just stipulated to what the judge already did, probably realizing it would be more productive for them to focus on trying their best to patch the holes in the evidence and arguments that the court opinion spelled out in the OFF case before they have a hearing. Unfortunately for OFF, somebody had to go first.

You lost your rights to smart a$$ comments when you told us that Oregon gun owners are getting what they deserve. Please do us a favor and go be smug and self righteous in your own little kingdom.
I didn't say you got what you deserve. You got what you set up. You have a direct democracy that turned on you. It's to be expected. Now, its really at the point where if you don't like it, and why would you, leave. People do it all the time. Oregon is a lost cause. You are now a minority with none of the protections normally afforded a minority. 114 was just your fellow Oregonians first step. It will get worse in subjugating you. Much worse.

Its like getting out of a bad relationship. You dont realize how bad it was until its over.

Last Edited:
I didn't say you got what you deserve. You got what you set up. You have a direct democracy that turned on you. It's to be expected. Now, its really at the point where if you don't like it, and why would you, leave. People do it all the time. Oregon is a lost cause. You are now a minority with no protections afforded a minority.

Its like getting out of a bad relationship. You dont realize how bad it was until its over.
Now you're just trolling. There's already a thread for those trash talking Oregonians stuck in this mess. Please take it over there and let the adults have a conversation. You are contributing nothing toward a solution.

Now you're just trolling. There's already a thread for those trash talking Oregonians stuck in this mess. Please take it over there and let the adults have a conversation. You are contributing nothing toward a solution.
There is no solution. You might have some temporary redress in the courts but your fellow Oregonians are on a roll and they have every intention of rolling over you. It just started. GTFO.

There is no solution. You might have some temporary redress in the courts but your fellow Oregonians are on a roll and they have every intention of rolling over you. It just started. GTFO.
He's not wrong. A victory against 114 will only provide a temporary reprieve.

I think I read a couple of weeks ago, that Oregon just dropped residency requirement for out of staters to come here for assisted suicide.

How does that square with their reducing suicide statements.

Jack
One last ballot to harvest before they pull the plug.
And after.

I have read the ALL of the court documents. The lawyers for the Harney County hearing did a much better job of making a case.
The Harney Judge, Raschio (sp) is a former past president of the Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and Criminal Defense attorney; I am pretty sure about this. He would be lo0oking at 114 through a different "defense" lens.

The Harney Judge, Raschio (sp) is a former past president of the Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and Criminal Defense attorney; I am pretty sure about this. He would be lo0oking at 114 through a different "defense" lens.
Going forward, each appeal is going to better than the last because they have already heard the objections and reasons for the previous rulings. That's why it's important to look at keeping them separate if it's to our advantage. Cost wise, that may not be the best option, but it's a point to consider.

He's not wrong. A victory against 114 will only provide a temporary reprieve.
Maybe, maybe not - I am a pessimist and skeptic when it comes to human nature, so I can't deny that the entropy of politics means we are slowly circling the drain.

That said, we should do the best we can to delay that outcome, and that is what this thread is about. Pointing out that we are all eventually doomed - save some kind of cataclysmic reset which might be even worse - is just repeating the obvious and not helping.

Maybe, maybe not - I am a pessimist and skeptic when it comes to human nature, so I can't deny that the entropy of politics means we are slowly circling the drain.

That said, we should do the best we can to delay that outcome, and that is what this thread is about. Pointing out that we are all eventually doomed - save some kind of cataclysmic reset which might be even worse - is just repeating the obvious and not helping.
I like to "try" and be hopeful. It hasn't been that long since Bruen and across the nation we have been making some fantastic progress is starting to unravel the past 3 decades or so of infringments. Each win plays off of another, strenthening the next challenge and helps push the momentum.

I admit though... we're circling. This past mid term was very disappointing to see just how indoctrinated our nation is becoming and how willing folks are to infringe on freedom is down right scary.

But whatcha gonna do? Rolling over isn't an option. There's not much choice but to try and stay positive, keep the fire burning and keep fighting.

(Especially since moving to Canada is no longer viable. They be gone loco up there's!!)

Oregon under left wing control has had a tradition of ignoring Federal law. Sanctuary state. Refusal to cooperate with Federal agents in regards to illegal aliens and employment. Motor voter making it possible for non citizens voting in Federal elections "unless they get caught by state agencies".

I believe in States Rights, but those rights exist OUTSIDE of what is contained in the US Constitution.
Not to mention the voters killing a license for illegals and the legislature reinstating it.

Jack

Not to mention the voters killing a license for illegals and the legislature reinstating it.

Jack
And then passing all legislation they don't want voters/ignorant unwashed masses to overturn using the "Emergency" process to prevent referendum. How voters don't see that as a big red flag is beyond me.

If the gun legislation was not in our face we should be working on an initiative to change the rules for referendums such that "emergency" legislation is still subject to referendum.

And then passing all legislation they don't want voters/ignorant unwashed masses to overturn using the "Emergency" process to prevent referendum. How voters don't see that as a big red flag is beyond me.

If the gun legislation was not in our face we should be working on an initiative to change the rules for referendums such that "emergency" legislation is still subject to referendum.
Wasn't that tried a couple or so years ago and didn't get enough signatures?

Jack

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads