JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back in the middle of the last Century, we had a neighbor kid on property that joined a remote part of our timberland. It was accessed by a County road from another direction. There was a series of fires in that neighborhood, one of which got over onto our land.

An investigation showed that the kid was the culprit, and the authorities wanted to send him in for treatment because his mental issues made him prone to violence and destruction. The parents refused, and promised to keep him from setting any more fires. About a year later, he got mad at his younger brother, and killed him with a shotgun.

I know it sounds hard, but I have always felt that the parents got what they deserved. The brother was a real victim, and I am truly sorry for his death.
Sadly I have to agree. WAY too often parents have a child they know full well is a danger and they make excuses and try to protect them. Then this is what happens. Innocent people get hurt due to them protecting the problem and pretending if they ignore it things will magically get better. :(

Aloha, Mark
Sadly if this scum lives we now will get to pay his medical bills for decades to come, how nice. For those who "think" they have no "need" to go armed? They are probably going to live life and never need that gun. Those who ran into this little turd probably wish they could have had a chance. Heard one was an LEO on his way to work. So have to guess he must have been armed. Have to wonder if he had any warning and maybe hesitated due to it being a "kid" ? :mad:

Sadly if this scum lives we now will get to pay his medical bills for decades to come, how nice. For those who "think" they have no "need" to go armed? They are probably going to live life and never need that gun. Those who ran into this little turd probably wish they could have had a chance. Heard one was an LEO on his way to work. So have to guess he must have been armed. Have to wonder if he had any warning and maybe hesitated due to it being a "kid" ? :mad:
Just like the phuckin parkland shooter, life in prison!

This little turd, once convicted, should be put to death before a firing squad. None of this life in prison bs.

I graduated in 2008. I wouldn't consider myself old. We all had guns in the back of our pick ups and we all carried knives in school. No one ever got shot or stabbed. It's a people/parenting problem.
Just for the record y'all. I graduated in 1968! Yep, makes me an official Old Guy. Happy to hear about other sensible High Schools too. Ah, those were the days my friends.

This little turd, once convicted, should be put to death before a firing squad. None of this life in prison bs.
Find out what meds he was on and show Americans that these meds do not work as intended.
Send a message, death by firing squad (if your squeamish unmanned).

A friend used to flatly state, if you cannot obey the simple rules of society and kill others, you need to be removed from that society by death.
I agree with him.
I'll add, a controlled feed into a wood chipper, feet first, is a great way to get the job done, screaming all the way into obliteration.

Unfortunately I don't see these sort of shootings changing or getting better. I think as Americans, we have sort of accepted that unwanted and unexpected death is part of having the second amendment. For now at least, until a sizable quantity decides otherwise, which we are watching happen in front of our own eyes.
I respectfully disagree with your line of thought on this.
First, the "we as Americans" bit misses the mark for quite a few Americans. You certainly don't speak for me.
Second, the statement implies that firearms are the issue. Unwanted & unexpected deaths (murders) will still happen even if all firearms were suddenly lost in a worldwide series of boating accidents. Lack of a gun doesn't magically transform a murderer or psycho into a peaceful person.

I respectfully disagree with your line of thought on this.
First, the "we as Americans" bit misses the mark for quite a few Americans. You certainly don't speak for me.
Second, the statement implies that firearms are the issue. Unwanted & unexpected deaths (murders) will still happen even if all firearms were suddenly lost in a worldwide series of boating accidents. Lack of a gun doesn't magically transform a murderer or psycho into a peaceful person.
Been going on since the beginning of time…

Only the means of committing the evil has changed.

The Parkland shooter and others of his ILK (Murderers!) should have been given the DEATH PENALTY by a firing squad or hung.

NO gas and no electric chair.

NO needle to put them asleep - like an old or very sick dog.

ALL of the people who commit MURDER should be given the death penalty even if they claim 'insanity' or give some other salami EXCUSE.

I know that people don't like it when I say it but I firmly believe that by giving life in jail where they usually get out EARLIER or never serve their full sentence for ONE OR MORE MURDERS and LIFE long injuries for the other victims... it is an INSULT to a sane and safe SOCIETY.

I wonder what country that I live in where HE could have planned and murdered ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE plus WOUNDED all of those people and some 'jury' lets him OFF and free from the death penalty and he gets to live in jail?!

I do not KNOW this country and how any person can believe that the justice system works for the GOOD OF THE PEOPLE in a sane and safe society!

The LEFT and the RIGHT - both sides seem to think that they are ABOVE THE LAW and they don't have to pay for the PHYSICAL DEATHS, the physical wounds, their destruction of public and private property, the white collar crime, the lies, the continued LIES and THEFT and not even answering what IS required of you in a court of law even in a case where NO murder is involved.

If you or I did this as regular citizens - we would be HAULED OFF TO JAIL and the key thrown away. This country is just plain WHACKED OUT!

Take care!

Old Lady Cate

May the dead rest in peace.

May the wounded heal.

Condolences to their families and friends.

There were a LOT of shootings/murders including peace officer deaths in just a couple of days time - less than one week.

And I am not talking about Chicago murders and Chicago shooting INJURIES and places like Chicago in this country alone.

Cate

A terrible event, no doubt about it. As ever, many questions will be asked about 'how come nobody knew?' Of course, many people assuredly DID know that this freak POS was a mass-murder just waiting to happen. My thoughts, and those of Mrs tac, go out to the slaughtered innocents in this tragedy.

My thoughts about the perp are unprintable.

NOT helped by your president's comment - 'President Joe Biden said Friday that he was grieving alongside the families of loved ones killed "in yet another mass shooting in America" and called for a ban on assault weapons.'

What assault weapon was used here, Mr President?

"What assault weapon was used here, Mr President?"

A legally owned sporting shotgun turned to criminal purpose by a deranged individual. So using it in a criminal act makes it an "assault weapon."

Old guy stuff here. I still remember my High School years. Nearly every pickup in the school parking lot had a rifle of some kind in the back window rack. Absolutely zero shootings of any kind! Scratch my head. I wonder what has changed in the last two generations? Sadly, we already know the answers and there are precious few solutions to the modern day "mass shootings". I'll stop here lest I devolve into another old guy rant. My Goobmint file is already thick enough as it is. :eek:
You're just 5 years older than me. Something your post made me think of. Back in those days I doubt the media, (What? Three channels?), had such an agenda. Was not hell-bent on changing the public's perception of things. The Viet Nam war, it says, was from 1954-1975. "Communism" was the headline of the day! Parents allowed their children freedoms, but protected them from serious adult topics. Christ, now parents take their young children to protests where violence is likely to happen. They teach their children that they are racist or they have suffered, or are, suffering because of racism.

I'd be willing to bet there were some crazy kids that went of the rails and killed people back in our days. You know, as you were growing up, there were those kids in your neighborhood alway getting in trouble? their parent drank, or beat on each other? Or some that lived, on the other side of the tracks, :)rolleyes:) so to speak, that were "No damn good" according to your parents. Now days those kids take it to the next step. Social media seems like as good a thing as any other to put part of the blame on. Parenting is another good one. We were pretty happy as kids. But we were raised in a completely different way.

Case in point: Teaching third graders they could be a boy or a girl.

No, it's not the gun. There's something else rotten with our society. I'm just F'ing glad I'm as old as I am. We had some damn good times my friend.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top