JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I would like to know and we may never be told is did this one too show for years something was very wrong with him? Was he on some kind of drugs for years? Most likely we will never know. VERY much doubt this thing was fine and all of a sudden this happened.

1. Not in a D state but in a D mayor city.

2. Not during school hours.

3. No pics of the shooter, no name.

4. Shooter taken alive.

Wanna bet the shooter was involved in gangs, regardless of race?
i would also add no mention of a AR style rifle or hate crime. guessing hand gun, no race mentioned guessing other than white. not old enough to buy a gun so media cant jump on background checks or age of purchase. just a therory tho.. Sad for those who lost their life...

1665772532638.png
15 year old Austin Thompson (right) and his older brother which Austin killed, 16 year old James Roger Thompson.
Austin Thompson is the person hospitalized, suspected of killing five and injuring two others in a shooting spree in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Unfortunately I don't see these sort of shootings changing or getting better. I think as Americans, we have sort of accepted that unwanted and unexpected death is part of having the second amendment. For now at least, until a sizable quantity decides otherwise, which we are watching happen in front of our own eyes.

"I heard two gunshots, and they were really loud so I knew something was close by, and then I heard three other gunshots," he said. "I saw him basically pass my house in the backyard. He had a long-barrel shotgun. He was dressed in camo. He had a full backpack on that was also camouflage."

Bruce

Unfortunately I don't see these sort of shootings changing or getting better. I think as Americans, we have sort of accepted that unwanted and unexpected death is part of having the second amendment. For now at least, until a sizable quantity decides otherwise, which we are watching happen in front of our own eyes.
Interesting take - How about this: More than 100 million Americans didn't commit a violent crime with a firearm yesterday, more than 100 million Americans alive today won't commit a violent crime with a firearm during their entire lives despite having access to them throughout nearly their entire lives.

So yeah, pardon me for not willingly relinquishing a right because a few people (a statistically insignificant number of them) use firearms to commit violent crimes.

"I'll take mass genocide for 100 Alex" and all the small mass shootings in the US aren't even a molecule of H20 in the bucket compared to government orchestrated killings of unarmed people that took place during the 20th century.

Old guy stuff here. I still remember my High School years. Nearly every pickup in the school parking lot had a rifle of some kind in the back window rack. Absolutely zero shootings of any kind! Scratch my head. I wonder what has changed in the last two generations? Sadly, we already know the answers and there are precious few solutions to the modern day "mass shootings". I'll stop here lest I devolve into another old guy rant. My Goobmint file is already thick enough as it is. :eek:

Old guy stuff here. I still remember my High School years. Nearly every pickup in the school parking lot had a rifle of some kind in the back window rack. Absolutely zero shootings of any kind! Scratch my head. I wonder what has changed in the last two generations? Sadly, we already know the answers and there are precious few solutions to the modern day "mass shootings". I'll stop here lest I devolve into another old guy rant. My Goobmint file is already thick enough as it is. :eek:
kinda old guy here 50 now, but yes grew up in small country town everyone had guns in the truck window @ school. deer hunting season multiple deer in pickup beds , principle teachers would come out and look, even during class. "look Joey got a 6 point this morning!!! we all go out. Same during duck season, etc. yet no one shot anyone schools weren't terrified, it was a normal thing as it should be. Now, no way i leave a gun in a pickup window anywhere nowadays. crazy what 30 plus years of changes has impacted the entire optic of "firearms"

Interesting take - How about this: More than 100 million Americans didn't commit a violent crime with a firearm yesterday, more than 100 million Americans alive today won't commit a violent crime with a firearm during their entire lives despite having access to them throughout nearly their entire lives.

So yeah, pardon me for not willingly relinquishing a right because a few people (a statistically insignificant number of them) use firearms to commit violent crimes.

"I'll take mass genocide for 100 Alex" and all the small mass shootings in the US aren't even a molecule of H20 in the bucket compared to government orchestrated killings of unarmed people that took place during the 20th century.
This right here :s0113:

I graduated in 2008. I wouldn't consider myself old. We all had guns in the back of our pick ups and we all carried knives in school. No one ever got shot or stabbed. It's a people/parenting problem.

I graduated in 2008. I wouldn't consider myself old. We all had guns in the back of our pick ups and we all carried knives in school. No one ever got shot or stabbed. It's a people/parenting problem.
Only thing i remember not allowed @ our school was sony walkmans.LOL had to leave in locker or car. LOL

Graduated 2002. State School for the Deaf. Guns were forbidden, and had been for years. Actually, I think it was the early 1990s, that guns were basically gone from high school campuses at least in Marion Polk counties, and due to zero-tolerance policies and D.A.R.E. programs, kids were taught/indoctrinated that guns, knives, drugs were each equally bad.

Back in the middle of the last Century, we had a neighbor kid on property that joined a remote part of our timberland. It was accessed by a County road from another direction. There was a series of fires in that neighborhood, one of which got over onto our land.

An investigation showed that the kid was the culprit, and the authorities wanted to send him in for treatment because his mental issues made him prone to violence and destruction. The parents refused, and promised to keep him from setting any more fires. About a year later, he got mad at his younger brother, and killed him with a shotgun.

I know it sounds hard, but I have always felt that the parents got what they deserved. The brother was a real victim, and I am truly sorry for his death.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top