Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Maple Valley, WA - Car theft suspect killed in shootout with owner

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ATCclears, Sep 24, 2013.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

The car owner is in custody as is typical in these cases.

Not.

3. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Well its King county, the perp always gets the benefit of the doubt. I mean they were only IN THE OWNER's TRUCK! And the criminals were armed. Guess the guy should have ran off and called 911.

Brutus Out

4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I can hear all the antis now cryin about the death of a human being... While I would not call a criminal a human, I call em sub-humans!!!
    Let this be a warning to all those lowlifes who think that working class people need to supply them with stuff that they are to Effin lazy to work for!!!

Bruin, BoonDocks36, mckenzb and 7 others like this.
  5. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

The woman should be hung on the gallows at high noon and the man should be given an honorary marshall badge..

Remember back when they hung horse thieves and ordinary citizens defending their property was considered normal?

6. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

If the victim was a Police Officer, he would be on PAID administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation which would result in him being cleared of all wrong doing.

7. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

Another one bites the dust, another one bites the dust.........:winkkiss:

8. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

The story said he was detained for a short period while they conducted the shooting investigation, and was released when the facts came out. That's SOP in such instances. Nothing out of the ordinary, no one's rights were violated. The truck's owner isn't facing charges, and one POS criminal gets a permanent dirt nap, while the other is in custody on other felony warrants and faces charges for this crime as well. All in all, a good outcome. The only thing about the story that didn't stick well with me was the aunt trying to do CPR on the POS criminal after her nephew ventilated him. She put herself at risk of getting God knows what diseases from contact with a bleeding bullet sponge. Bad idea.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Gaucho Gringo

Gaucho Gringo Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Thieves are vermin who should be eradicated. People who defend them are just as bad. And if you are stealing a person's ability to make a living you are actually threatening their life.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  10. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

11. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

CPR on a scumbag? Bad hygene and poor gene pool management

12. DeadEyeMcGoo

DeadEyeMcGoo Seattle Active Member

CPR? It demonstrates to a jury that you wanted to STOP the dead POS, not kill him. Of course, I just may put a knee into his diaphragm cause that's how I learned. And my compressions MAY be a little deeper than necessary. But I'll try to save him. Really I will.....

13. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

The shooter wasn't the one doing the CPR - it was his aunt, whom he saved from getting shot. It's a really, really bad idea to jump in and do CPR on someone who is bleeding from multiple holes, and whose medical history you don't know. Especially when said person just a.) pulled a weapon on you and attempted to shoot you and b.) was engaged in another felony while engaging you in a gunfight. Looking good to a jury is small comfort, when you're diagnosed with an uncurable disease picked up from the POS's blood. That could very well turn into a death sentence for yourself. Let the criminals bleed, and let the professionals with proper safety procedures and equipment do any resuscitation.

14. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Eh, it says "detained and later released", which means he probably couldn't go get a burger while he was telling the cops what happened. Detainment means they (read: he) never left the scene.

15. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Nice grouping leatherneck! Now that's gun control in its purest form.

16. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

You can throw a blanket or shirt over any open chest wounds and do chest compressions without putting yourself at substantial risk. I don't think she did any mouth to mouth:

"There was a guy on the ground dying and it was instinct and...I just went in and started doing compression on his chests...until help got there," Hague said. "It was all I could do."

In the local CPR class they teach that modern CPR is based on the idea that there is about 5 minutes of oxygen in the body at any given time, and that chest compressions come first. I understand that mouth to mouth is deemphasized or eliminated altogether depending on what organization's class you take.

That being said, I'm not sure I'd have touched the guy, but I wasn't there.

17. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Touched by an angle!

18. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Bad guy with .45, good guy with 9mm. Bad guy goes down and good guy walks away.
    This is defiantly going to start up the old "which is better thread."

19. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

Can we skip ahead 5 pages and just jump to ".22LR with rock solid shot placement is all you need"??

20. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Better yet, "hands or feet" which is deadlier?