JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can throw a blanket or shirt over any open chest wounds and do chest compressions without putting yourself at substantial risk. I don't think she did any mouth to mouth:

"There was a guy on the ground dying and it was instinct and...I just went in and started doing compression on his chests...until help got there," Hague said. "It was all I could do."

In the local CPR class they teach that modern CPR is based on the idea that there is about 5 minutes of oxygen in the body at any given time, and that chest compressions come first. I understand that mouth to mouth is deemphasized or eliminated altogether depending on what organization's class you take.

That being said, I'm not sure I'd have touched the guy, but I wasn't there.

The last time I put any sort of cloth over a nasty bleeding wound - said cloth became blood soaked PDQ. That still poses the risk of blood borne pathogens. I doubt the lady put on latex gloves and a mask before jumping in and doing chest compressions.

You can throw a blanket or shirt over any open chest wounds and do chest compressions without putting yourself at substantial risk. I don't think she did any mouth to mouth:

"There was a guy on the ground dying and it was instinct and...I just went in and started doing compression on his chests...until help got there," Hague said. "It was all I could do."

In the local CPR class they teach that modern CPR is based on the idea that there is about 5 minutes of oxygen in the body at any given time, and that chest compressions come first. I understand that mouth to mouth is deemphasized or eliminated altogether depending on what organization's class you take.

That being said, I'm not sure I'd have touched the guy, but I wasn't there.

a garbage bag will not bleed through also more fitting for the piece of garbage with a hole or two in him.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews