JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
drone_loads_product_image_2.jpg

Im all about freedom and the use of new technology but come on, a shotgun blast in the air that hit its intended target with NO wounded.. Just a destroyed perv drone? Where is the harm?
While I agree completely the shot still had to come down somewhere so regardless, right or wrong, discharging the shotgun was still illegal - and potentially dangerous.

Two possible answers - paint gun with Karo syrup filled balls or a signal injector to jam the frequency.

While I agree completely the shot still had to come down somewhere so regardless, right or wrong, discharging the shotgun was still illegal - and potentially dangerous.

Two possible answers - paint gun with Karo syrup filled balls or a signal injector to jam the frequency.

I wouldn't dispute the legality of such a shot, but I would propose that if a guy was useing #7-8 shot then the size of the pellets and the spread they would have most likely wouldn't even put someones eye out.

Buck shot or slugs would be a different story and I wouldn't want to be standing around when those boolits came back to earth due to gravity;)

It was stupid if the guy wanted to keep his gun rights for sure though.

What a bubbleguming idiot. I'd like to see some evidence the drone was perving out on his daughter (and is the daughter even anything to perv out on?). My guess it was taking pictures of the property, like the owner said. Home inspection, real estate, surveying.... get used to it. I'm actually thinking about getting a drone for roof proposals. Shoot my drone down, whether you happen to have a daughter somewhere in the background (that I'm probably not even aware is there) or not... you can bet I'm calling the police and you're buying me a new one.

Men should not make themselves old oak trees. Bow to the wind or get blown over.

What a bubbleguming idiot. I'd like to see some evidence the drone was perving out on his daughter (and is the daughter even anything to perv out on?). My guess it was taking pictures of the property, like the owner said. Home inspection, real estate, surveying.... get used to it. I'm actually thinking about getting a drone for roof proposals. Shoot my drone down, whether you happen to have a daughter somewhere in the background (that I'm probably not even aware is there) or not... you can bet I'm calling the police and you're buying me a new one.

Men should not make themselves old oak trees. Bow to the wind or get blown over.

I doubt any cops would back you up for flying a drone anywhere. They don't seem to like them much.

I doubt any cops would back you up for flying a drone anywhere. They don't seem to like them much.

Didn't watch the video... but I find it hard to believe it somehow demonstrates the assertion that cops won't arrest someone for discharging a firearm illegally. In fact... they seem to really LIKE doing that.

All respect to your buisness but I'm guessing you wouldn't be in my back yard around 10' in the air to get shots of my neighbors roof legitimately.

If you are and thats progress then I'd be prepared to spend a lot of money on legal bills, because personally I would have found a way to bring a peeping tom down (robotic or not)...

They used to take those people to jail or run them out of town - now we defend them and thier toys and loopholes...

Again, I realize this guy isn't you and am not directing this towards you:D

Hey... IF the drone truly was filming his daughter, I'm not making a judgment on that. We gotta do what our conscience demands, and protecting one's daughter is pretty high up on the priority list. I just think that's a LOT less likely, especially with a professional piece of equipment, than the reason given: professional assessing of a property. Which is common.

While I'm sure there are peeping Toms out there still, the internet has made a lot of that crap obsolete. For a couple bucks, you can watch some 18 (if even actually that old) year old girl bang herself with a hairbrush in her bedroom at her parents house.

I think common sense would tell you not to fly something into someone else's backyard without permission.

We have no idea how "into" his backyard the drone was. Law says he can fly it OVER the yard all he wants - you don't control airspace above your property. Commercial planes, drones, helicopters... law allows it.

Remember many consumer drones operate on ISM (Industrial, Scientific and Medical) band, where it's perfectly legal to run your DIY radio for "research" purposes.

Oh, oops did my radio jammer just get a power surge? And bring down your drone? My bad. It should have supported signal hopping like the military ones. I'll just have to sell this nice intact drone on ebay. :s0047:

We have no idea how "into" his backyard the drone was. Law says he can fly it OVER the yard all he wants - you don't control airspace above your property. Commercial planes, drones, helicopters... law allows it.

There is height restriction over some populated areas. I took a chopper ride over the big Island and they had to go straight up to 1200 ft before flyin away from the pads. I'm sure they'll make something up for drones as time goes on and they become more popular .
Trees control the airspace in my backyard:D

This stuff is happening more and more. If I had one in my back yard with my kid sunbathing - id probably have done something stupid like sending some bird shot up after it. May be illegal but its a hellofa lot safer then using a "legal" arrow shot out of a compound bow in the middle of the 'burbs...
Use a fishing outfit with the line attached and an expanding broad ead it make sure it don't get away

Taking pictures of my daughters? Your damn right Id shoot it down too.

He should sue the two men.. There is a reason these things need to be thwarted at times. Im all about freedom and the use of new technology but come on, a shotgun blast in the air that hit its intended target with NO wounded.. Just a destroyed perv drone? Where is the harm?
He is planing on suing them.
At the least they could ask first,maybe split the royalties from the pics?:rolleyes:
Hey if you have cute kids....

Yeah if that was the case and they were getting photos or video of my daughters or wife i would try my best to follow it and give that owner his own nightmare.
Probably wouldn't go shooting in the air within city limits,

I had a drone fly over my house here in east vanc a couple times.
If it was spying or i suspected it was up to no good, i'd be finding it's home. Pay a little visit late night.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top