JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Merideth, 47, lives in Hillview, Kentucky. As WDRB-TV reports, a neighbor heard gunshots and called the police. Merideth allegedly told the police that a drone was hovering over his house, where his teen daughter (he has two) was sunbathing. So he pulled out his gun and gave it a merry death.

The drone's owner, police say, said he was flying it to take pictures of a neighboring house.

However, Merideth told WRDB: "Well, I came out and it was down by the neighbor's house, about 10 feet off the ground, looking under their canopy that they've got under their back yard. I went and got my shotgun and I said, 'I'm not going to do anything unless it's directly over my property.'"

And then it allegedly was.

Merideth explained: "I didn't shoot across the road, I didn't shoot across my neighbor's fences, I shot directly into the air."

He says that shortly after the shooting, he received a visit from four men who claimed to be responsible for the drone and explaining that it cost $1,800.

Merideth says he stood his ground: "I had my 40 mm Glock on me and they started toward me and I told them, 'If you cross my sidewalk, there's gonna be another shooting.'"

There appears not to have been another shooting. However, Merideth was arrested for wanton endangerment and criminal mischief. There is, apparently, a local ordinance that says you can't shoot a gun off in the city.

<broken link removed>

This stuff is happening more and more. If I had one in my back yard with my kid sunbathing - id probably have done something stupid like sending some bird shot up after it. May be illegal but its a hellofa lot safer then using a "legal" arrow shot out of a compound bow in the middle of the 'burbs...

Taking pictures of my daughters? Your damn right Id shoot it down too.

He should sue the two men.. There is a reason these things need to be thwarted at times. Im all about freedom and the use of new technology but come on, a shotgun blast in the air that hit its intended target with NO wounded.. Just a destroyed perv drone? Where is the harm?

Hahaha!

Just showed this story to the wife and she said I had better shoot the dang thing out of the sky as well if out daughters in the backyard and its hovering our property being pervy.

I used to have a single shot multi-pump pellet/BB gun that I'd load a pellet into the usual way and then put 5 BB's down the barrel as well. With 5 or more pumps it worked great out to maybe 15 yards on rattlers...and it was quiet.

Anyone here into reloading shells? Maybe experiment with some 12 or 20g. shells packed with streamers/pieces of fishing line and airsoft pellets (like big party poppers).

I was thinking pellet gun also. Quiet and probably would disable the thing. Smelt net or slingshot might take it out too. If I lived out in the county definitely a shotgun.

I used to have a single shot multi-pump pellet/BB gun that I'd load a pellet into the usual way and then put 5 BB's down the barrel as well. With 5 or more pumps it worked great out to maybe 15 yards on rattlers...and it was quiet.

Anyone here into reloading shells? Maybe experiment with some 12 or 20g. shells packed with streamers/pieces of fishing line and airsoft pellets (like big party poppers).

In my area, any projectile propelled by any propellent is considered to be a discharge of a firearm in a populated area. Paintball guns, airsoft, BB all fall under that rule here (as far as I know..).

Arrows apparently do not apply nor would I guess bolts from a crossbow but then I'm sure there is some sort of gross negligence endangering the lives of others rule that would apply

For loading a shotgun shell with fishing line and such you could do that by hand. Primer only no powder

Smart guy would figure a way to fly a target off of the drone to teach people shooting on the fly. Be better than clays cause you could check your pattern.:D

Smart guy would figure a way to fly a target off of the drone to teach people shooting on the fly. Be better than clays cause you could check your pattern.:D
Done did that. Long string with political sign board with target stapled to it then a weight below that. We used that for pistol practice. Great moving target.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top