JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This: "AFAIK, it's a "burglary" if nobody is home when it happens. If I or my family is home, and especially if they break and enter or kick in a door, it's a "home invasion"!

In the commie states, if a home invasion occurs the homeowners are obliged by law to retreat, self defense is not allowed either...not so here in Texas.

Invade at your peril...retreat...never!!

Expect a hail of bullets if you dare to be a home invader!!!!!!

Actually, Oregon (which I consider a "commie state") has a "Castle Doctrine". They do not have to retreat.

Washington (which I also consider it a "commie state") has essentially the same thing, but it's not called a "Castle Doctrine". We do not have to retreat from our home.

Like Texas, we also can't run out into our yards, or down the street after bad guy, and shoot them. It has to occur in the home.

AMT,

Thanks, good to know not all commie states are completely insane regarding defense in the home.

As to chasing and shooting a criminal, that's not smart in any state - if the monster is running away, let em...

I think it has to do with intent to cause bodily harm..

In your reference, it first says it's a break in with the intent to commit a violent crime. Then below that it says that there is no legally defined crime of "home invasion" in most states. IMO those are both probably true. However, I decided long ago that if somebody breaks into my "castle" while my wife and I are there, they must be willing to do us bodily harm. As Manny said, they are there at their own peril.

The trend of smashing in the door and having 3 or more attackers is what is mostly called a "home invasion robbery". So perhaps I would agree that a single invader is a broadening of the more common usage of the phrase. :)

Ummmm, if someone has entered a home without permission I'd call that a home invasion.

Yup!!! Legal terms are beside the point. Even DB is Here said he felt invaded. Truth of what happens.

:rolleyes:

- If a perp invites all his buddies to an invasion, but ends up on his own 'cuz nobody shows up....
…. is it still an invasion? o_O

- If the homeowner being present is the only difference between invasion and burglary...
…. does that make the homeowner a participant? :confused:

- If a group of muggers accost someone on the street....
…. is that a street invasion? :eek:

Ya' never know how something will play. I don't watch most of it. If there's something worth looking at, exciting, crazy etc, I'll flash back and forth between FOX and CNN. Like with the pelosi tearing up the speech thing. Local news is hardly on in this house. Can hardly stand the way they deliver anymore.
Occasionally disagree with you but you have expressed my feelings exactly on this. THNX

I think it's lame that burglary is now a "home invasion".
Apparently this is why the Tooth Fairy gave up. Too many dang gun owners. Some people breaking in homes just might have good intentions. Guess we'll never know.

Bad guys just can't get with the times. We have guns, cameras everywhere and jobs. Crime isn't worth it anymore. Starbucks pays $15hr. All you have to do is look ok in a skirt regardless of what you are packing

Last Edited:
Somebody that has the gull to break into someones house when they are home has the intent to do bodily harm .Home invasions are very common now .
The mentality of the trash that thinks they have the right to do that to others is dangerous and they are breeding .
When I read articles like this it warms my heart. The rest of the neighborhood should through him a party bringing him gifts of ammo and lasers ,night sites ect.

I suppose My pet peeve is home invaders :mad:

Last Edited:
A excellent way to avoid 'lead poisoning" is to not try and rob folks....

I do agree that you do hear more and more of this "home invasion" type of activity...
Stay alert out there folks , even when in the "safety" of your own home.
Andy

Surprisingly, the MSM in Oregon is reporting it fairly, accurately, and with out any bias, which really shocked the heck out of me!
Sure wish they would do more of this across the board!

They even went as far as interviewing a self defense expert who further stated we have a right to protect ourselves up to and including the use of deadly force!

I'm kinda in shock here, they actually reported the truth and with out bias, agenda, or slant!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top