JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Oregon is the first state in the nation to decriminalize hard drugs. As the world turns we will see more of these kinds of deaths."

OK, there's one good side to legalizing hard drugs.

OK, there's one good side to legalizing hard drugs.
Well not necessarily. As far as I'm concerned all the criminals can walk in front of trains or busses. (A very bad thing for the drivers of those). But there will be a lot of those that use illegally attained guns. You know who they come after THEN don't you?

There is quite a bit going on out there that doesn't make the news at all.
Gunfire is listed as a disturbance now.

A guy I work with lives in the flats unfortunately.
Last week an old woman who lives alone had some guy walk up to her front door and put 5 bullets in it. Then lowers his mask to the camera and walks away.
Hours later the police showed up and he's still out running around.

Four people shot and died on/near SE 42nd and Boise last night.

Our so-called leaders are completely losing this city.

Here's another one. without the happy ending...

Punches a police officer and the store security. Damages product. Pretty standard, drugged out nut job and the usual for multco so the last line reads the same....

"Lee was issued a criminal citation in lieu of custody on multiple charges. He was cited for several charges including robbery and assaulting a public safety officer."

Good job once again Mike Schmidt!
View attachment 900442
Totally agree. From the last few days we have seen a person breaking into a home, a person robbing Nordstrom and both received the equivalent of a speeding ticket. When there is no punishment for crimes then the criminals are bold enough to do whatever they want. Fe like this that just happened where 4 people were killed in their home :

edit: oops I see MikeJ already posted the event, but I'll leave it just for the link to article.

Last Edited:
From the last few days we have seen a person breaking into a home, a person robbing Nordstrom and both received the equivalent of a speeding ticket.
Those should be felonies if they're not, and they should be treated as such. Those are all cases of a person being willing to threaten bodily harm to others. No leniency for such a thing. Lock 'em up for a few decades of eating oatmeal, then reevaluate them.

Here's another one. without the happy ending...

Punches a police officer and the store security. Damages product. Pretty standard, drugged out nut job and the usual for multco so the last line reads the same....

"Lee was issued a criminal citation in lieu of custody on multiple charges. He was cited for several charges including robbery and assaulting a public safety officer."

Good job once again Mike Schmidt!
View attachment 900442
That dude is just a big ole pile of Schmidt!

:s0140:

Four people shot and died on/near SE 42nd and Boise last night.

Our so-called leaders are completely losing this city.
No, me thinks your so called leaders have lost that city. Happened when Todd Whalen was on the front lines getting tear gassed last summer. That wasn't a sign of solidarity, it was a sign of submission, just like an abused and fearful dog...

Now we will have calls about new laws for train fencing, millions spent on increased safety crossings etc. People just don't get it that some dudes are nuts and they are going to do this sort of thing. If he was locked up for breaking into a home maybe this wouldn't have happened. Why let dangerous people out immediately so they can continue to commit crimes (like attack cars with rocks and a pipe)? DA and the "booking rules" are a joke.
I can imagine that the family will find a lawyer that will be willing to sue the Portland Police. Rrrright....the cops "should have" taken him into custody for his own safety or found him a shelter. Or at least called a social worker for him.

Aloha, Mark

Sounds like he broke into a house, got scared away and then arrested. Police then let him go. Then he tried to attack cars on I-84. Then got run over by the Max train.

Silver Medal in Train Wrestling!!! Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 12.29.13 PM.png

Mrs tac and I are frequent MAX users when in Portland, at least for the last twenty years or so, and we haven't been killed once.
You didn't make it here last year did you tac? You'll be amazed at how much the big cities in the Willamette Valley have changed in two years if you get here this year. I'm not making it up. There's an ugly air among many of the people now. The drivers in PDX are worse than they've ever been. I may be a bit jaded though.

You didn't make it here last year did you tac? You'll be amazed at how much the big cities in the Willamette Valley have changed in two years if you get here this year. I'm not making it up. There's an ugly air among many of the people now. The drivers in PDX are worse than they've ever been. I may be a bit jaded though.
We haven't been back since we left in September '18.

2019 was 'don't go anywhere' year because if my cancer, and 2020, well, we ALL know what happened in 2020, right?

Anyway, you may have had it free and easy in the US, but NOBODY went ANYWHERE in 2020. Nationwide lockdown with NO air travel out of the country, and all four parts of the UK operating different lock-down methods and restrictions.

In October 2020 we went to nearby Ely for an afternoon when the lock-down was lifted a mite, only to find that it came back two days later.

This year, we've been nowhere at all, except for shopping and pushing daughter around.

Not jaded, just seeing the reality of the deterioration of downtown Portland, in particular. Haven't ridden MAX in several years, a shame really, because it was an easy way to get into and out of downtown Portland. When downtown Portland was worth going to...

I stay the heck away, both me and my wallet...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top