JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't seen a statement from FEG. Or from the importer Trident. Do you have it?

8ED05EB1-2F5B-4A5F-B062-0A4CA4451C8E.jpeg

Too many fingers in the pie, and most likely someone trying to work all ends for the middle but not quite slick enough to pull it off. He shifts gears and tries to 'sneak' them through GB and gets caught.

FEG should hang onto the remaining 50 if they have not yet been paid for them, and if so refund the money for them

These 'playas' better watch their backside lest they be contacted by certain Gov 'agencies' and they wind up losing everything.

So if they receive a proper list, they are going to attempt to honor it?

Sounds pretty good if you ask me.

Everything written in the owner of Copper Customs statement makes sense to me. Even the part about putting 5 on gunbroker to get the current (Covid) market value.

So the real question now, we're you on that original list @Boboclown and what price 2 years ago were you stated to get to buy one at?

So if they receive a proper list, they are going to attempt to honor it?

Sounds pretty good if you ask me.

Everything written in the owner of Copper Customs statement makes sense to me. Even the part about putting 5 on gunbroker to get the current (Covid) market value.

So the real question now, we're you on that original list @Boboclown and what price 2 years ago were you stated to get to buy one at?
I was not on the original list. They said likely $5k but also said it was likely going to be higher. They aren't going to honor afaik because they declined FEG's offer in a more polite way. Maybe they'll actually do it. We'll see. Personally, price isn't really the issue as its been understood from the beginning it might not be as cheap as the rep hoped.

I'm just somewhat able to relate, as I have been on a list to get one of the few Sigs coming in from Switzerland, and that was a year of constant am I gonna get it or not.

I was not on the original list. They said likely $5k but also said it was likely going to be higher. They aren't going to honor afaik because they declined FEG's offer in a more polite way. Maybe they'll actually do it. We'll see. Personally, price isn't really the issue as its been understood from the beginning it might not be as cheap as the rep hoped.

I'm just somewhat able to relate, as I have been on a list to get one of the few Sigs coming in from Switzerland, and that was a year of constant am I gonna get it or not.
So...

Moral of the story, don't make lists with a manufacture unless they have an absolute way to ensure they can directly sell said rifle to you.

Also, don't run a YouTube channel loosely related to a FFL retailer.

So...

Moral of the story, don't make lists with a manufacture unless they have an absolute way to ensure they can directly sell said rifle to you.

Also, don't run a YouTube channel loosely related to a FFL retailer.
Essentially, though in the past lists like this were how it was done unless the rifles were actually in production already (so down payment was pretty much easy to do as its easier to promise a product already being produced). Before when the list was being taken, no rifles were in production. Its a company using original equipment trying to get into the market. AFAIK.

I kinda figured the price would be close enough to the Russian or Chinese SVDs I decided if I wanted a SVD I'd just get a Russian one and just kept watch. Hopefully what they said was more than just a polite decline and they will wait on said list.

Just think if we had this much passion to fight the Anti-Gun Nazis, we would have won years ago and we would still have a Republic...:D
I mean, no? This level of passion is nowhere near the revolutionary war or civil war.

Unfortunately, what it would take for that level of passion would be so bad I'm scared of what it would be.

Based on what little I know about this from skimming the stories FEG may have not had this part figured out when they were happily taking a list of buyers thinking they will come up with a plan to sell them - and then later came to their to their senses about a 'list' having no guarantees and needed something 'carved in stone'. Enter Copper/Mac who probably regarded the list as no better than the paper it was written on and had their own ideas to sell them.

Whatever happens, I hope FEG comes up with the list of everyone still interested and copper honors it.

And hopefully FEG won't have too sour of a taste after this and continues to make stuff to send here. FEG seems to be the type of company to try and honor their word, and that type of people get soured when someone else does something they may perceive as dishonest.

Last Edited:
by some company named FEG

In fairness, FEG is short for Fegyver- és Gépgyár. They've been around since the late 19th century and have made arms for Hungary (and others) since then to the present, including both World Wars and the Cold War, as well as a plethora of household products. They're not a household name here, but they are in the Land of the Magyars, and every firearm I've seen of theirs has been solid.

Shout out to my crazy Hungarian amigo Krisztián, godspeed wherever you are now. :s0155:

In fairness, FEG is short for Fegyver- és Gépgyár. They've been around since the late 19th century and have made arms for Hungary (and others) since then to the present, including both World Wars and the Cold War, as well as a plethora of household products. They're not a household name here, but they are in the Land of the Magyars, and every firearm I've seen of theirs has been solid.

Shout out to my crazy Hungarian amigo Krisztián, godspeed wherever you are now. :s0155:
Well, yes. But no. FEG eventually got bought and started making HVAC.

The FEG in question is a company who got all the old soviet tooling and is starting it back up.

The FEG in question is a company who got all the old soviet tooling and is starting it back up.
SO an HVAC company buys up 'old soviet tooling' and cranks out a 100 guns that will sell for over 5K? IMO this does not give them any sort of carte blanche or 'notoriety' in the gun world - and most certainly nothing that should justify $5K + on a 'startup' production gun.

Some people are WAY too gullible.

Heck I can find an original 1873 Winchester for less than $5K - and have a rifle with dramatically more 'history' and collector appeal.

SO an HVAC company buys up 'old soviet tooling' and cranks out a 100 guns that will sell for over 5K? IMO this does not give them any sort of carte blanche or 'notoriety' in the gun world - and most certainly nothing that should justify $5K + on a 'startup' production gun.

Some people are WAY too gullible.

Heck I can find an original 1873 Winchester for less than $5K - and have a rifle with dramatically more 'history' and collector appeal.
Different company. The original FEG makes HVAC, this one is using soviet tooling to make new rifles.

As for cost, just isn't cheap to make. Its not as simple of a design as the AK. This simply has appeal to people collecting military arms, or clone of.

I wish I had picked up some FEG Hi-Powers when they were a dime'a'dozen. Ditto that the Argentinian Hi-Powers, both long and short barrel models. I just lost my train of thought. :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top