JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am doing things a bit differently...Through a massive reduction in food intake, and continuing my minimal exercise, which is restricted due to military injuries, I am down from a high of 328 to 290 since April 1. I had slowed down, but added a multivitamin and some fiber additive to my routine, which has continued the drop.

I'm looking for 240 as a final goal, I was always really good at that weight.

I should add in that I have a ban list (like the gov lol!) when it comes to food. That way I won't decide on the fly whether I can or can't.

No pizza, no french fries, no fried chicken, nothing deep fried; no fast food - no Taco Bell, etc. Basically I say no to garbage.

That is VERY hard at first, but not so hard later. After a while those foods start to taste bad.

My vices are a Southwestern Chicken Salad at Red Robin and just plain old Hummus, with celery instead of chips. When I sit down to a SCS at Red Robin it is like when other people start eating a glorious meal of steak, etc.

Weight is 213; will always stay under 220 if it means fasting/100% juicing. No real choice in the matter. Eating like everyone else would mean being a physical cripple. I have the feet of a 220 lb man, not a 260 lb man.

All the fresh vegetables have extra benefits. I have ZERO sore joints, no arthritis-type pain, no bad back problems. In fact, I have zero nagging physical ailments now and 1.5 years ago I was a mess.

Slowing working in more weights and resistance training with treadmill cardio. Might rejoin a gym.

I get it, but it is easier for simple minded folks to just make up a 'no' list and then I don't have to calculate this pizza being ok, and this one not.

A friend of mine has a wife who makes him healthy meals and so I actually saw a use for a wife, just for a couple seconds, then I slapped myself back into reality lol.

One thing I do with Juicer parts is I throw them in the freezer. That way if I get lazy and don't get every tiny piece of food out of there it won't grow to kill me hahahaha.

When you live alone, unless you have tons of time on your hands, cooking nice multi-course meals just is not worth it. Neither is gobbling down the GMO garbage from the grocery store. So I force organic veggies on myself as well as nuts.

I enjoy a lot of things in life, but extravagant eating or enjoying really tasty meals is not one of them. Luckily, I see meals as mostly fuel.

Oh, and another thing on the ban list - good beer. If I drink any beer it is pee-water beer like Coors light or Trader Joes light. Friends drink tar thick beer.

Home made everything...I make my own beer too, though, I don't drink very much.

And Angelo's Pizza down in Medford...They've been around since 1968, are family owned, and I was raised on it...It's an addiction, but one I'm okay with.

This stuff is all about self control anyhow. The ability to stop before stuffed.

That is my problem, always has been. I've been very poor before in my life and the mentality is you eat all that you are given or have access to. Gone 4-5 days without eating before; not 'fasting'; just had no money and too proud to go to a soup line.

Now I have to treat myself like a child and pour a 'portion' into a cup so I don't eat the whole bag like a consuming machine :).

Yeah, I've been there too, on the money end...My mom would split a pound of ground beef between 5 of us, and my dad always got what he wanted first, leaving mom and us 3 kids with whatever was left. I was 5' tall by 8, so by no means a small kid.

Needless to say, I struggled for a while with over consumption, just because I wasn't used to having all that food available. If I don't pay attention, I will mindlessly munch, but just decided that enough was enough...and off the weight starts to come.

I quit smoking the same way...After 25 years I just decided that I wasn't gonna do it anymore. That probably pushed me over the 300# mark, but I am starting to normalize now and have things coming under control.

It's definitely a conscious effort to not over eat, or eat when I'm not hungry, particularly now that I am in culinary school and my life pretty much revolves around food.

I too decided to lose weight, I started near the end of april and have lost about 17 lbs so far (started at 220 down to 203). Like others have said before, portion control is very important. I still eat a lot of the "bad" food that I really shouldn't, just considerably less. Pizza is a good example, instead of eating 1/2 to 3/4 of one like I used to, I have 1, maybe 2 slices and have vegetables and fruit to go with it. The only thing I've really cut out completely is soda.

I am avoiding any kind of diet, including low carb, because it would make this more difficult to maintain in the long term. I also see too many people replacing carbs in their diet with high fat meats, which might cause you to lose weight, but are not good for you otherwise.

a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast is very healthy, low in calories, and keeps me full well into lunchtime.

I've done the Jorge Cruise diet too. I lost some weight but not as much as the paleo diet. I think it's an easier diet to follow compared to the paleo diet.

My wife, her sister, and I have been following the Jorge Cruise Belly Fat Cure diet. It is a low carb low sugar diet and it is working great and I have way more energy and my wife and her sister do too. My wife's sister started it off and since it was working for her, my wife tried it and then as it was working for her I have been doing it. My wife has lost 30 lbs in 8 weeks and I have lost 26 lbs in 6 weeks. I've lost 7.5 inches and she has lost 9 inches (waist) so far. You can get the book on Amazon, or other places. It is fairly cheap too.

Any side effects with taking Food grade Diatomaceous Earth? I've never heard of that before. My wife has eczema too and even a low dose of Prednisone is not helping much.

Look into taking Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. It took my Psoriasis away completely and my mother-in-law's Excema.

I hate eating out. I have a career where I go to fine dining about 3 times a month. It never tastes like home. As I write this post, we made a great flank steak, and cooked spinach. My friend is a farmer in the valley. He is growing spinach for a supplier. The 30 acres is across the street. He says just go over and cut what you need. This home cooked spinach is awesome with a fresh garlic.

Any side effects with taking Food grade Diatomaceous Earth? I've never heard of that before. My wife has eczema too and even a low dose of Prednisone is not helping much.

Get an ozone generator from amazon and get her on ozonated water.. also get some bag balm

If you are drinking soda on a daily basis you might consider cutting that out - empty calories. Your weight will drop and your teeth will thank you. I used to drink 2-4 sodas daily - since cutting back to one every week or two I dropped about 40 lbs in 4-5 months. As stated earlier - exercise is probably a better answer - the more muscle mass the more calories your system burns on its own.

Hey, you still owe me lunch B-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I hate eating out. I have a career where I go to fine dining about 3 times a month. It never tastes like home. As I write this post, we made a great flank steak, and cooked spinach. My friend is a farmer in the valley. He is growing spinach for a supplier. The 30 acres is across the street. He says just go over and cut what you need. This home cooked spinach is awesome with a fresh garlic.

I personally just pulled off the BBQ with added chunks of applewood and maplewood a 1.5 pound fillet of Spring Chinook Salmon covered 1/4 thick with GARLIC and butter with Teriaki sauce on top.

Just went over to the river and pulled one out!;)

My totals now are 30 lbs lost (down to 273 from 303) in 7 weeks. And my cholesterol numbers in two months went:

Cholesterol - 198 to 142
Triglyceride - 280 to 149
HDL Chol - 35 to 36
LDL Chol - 136 to 76

That's just in 2 months to the day. And I've been eating lots of eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese, etc. on this diet.

I spend my days with doctors. They are rather interesting mammals. Anyways. One idiot vegan doc told me that all the bacon and no carbs will make my cholesterol fly through the roof. He's a vegan. Skinny with a ponch. So next time I hear his whimpy punk Azz tell me his speech, I will tell him to call accessbob.

I spend my days with doctors. They are rather interesting mammals. Anyways. One idiot vegan doc told me that all the bacon and no carbs will make my cholesterol fly through the roof. He's a vegan. Skinny with a ponch. So next time I hear his whimpy punk Azz tell me his speech, I will tell him to call accessbob.

Yeah, sometimes knowledge changes when things are discovered and sometimes it takes a while to become general knowledge. I don't know that the stuff I've been following is new or old but it appears to be working so I'm sticking with it.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top