JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've lost 55 lbs since Jan 2 on low/no carb. For veggies in your garden you should try to grow spinach and leafy greens. Most peppers have lower carbs also. Though the leafy greens have carbs they also have fiber which cancels out the negatives from the carbs. I'd be careful with tomatoes. They are fairly high carb.

I usually eat a couple hard boiled eggs for breakfast. Sometimes I cook up some smoked but uncured bacon. Make sure you read the bacon labels or know what's in it. Sugar or maple cured bacon defeats the purpose if you want low carb. Sometimes I just stop at Jack In The Box and get extreme sausage sandwiches and just toss the bun. You have to be careful with sausage though. Most of it has carbs.

There are a lot of rumors about aspartame being toxic but the researchers at US FDA pointed out flaws in the European study that made the claim (which is what all of the rumors seem to be based on). The people who need to avoid it have a specific reaction and are rare. The toxins that it does break down into are even more abundant in natural meats, vegetables, dairy, and fruit. A good story is hard to kill though so you will hear the rumor being spread again and again.

My experiance only. I won't advise you how to lose weight. I'm happy with my progress though.

That's a lot of weight. Can I ask what weight you started out at?

If you are drinking soda on a daily basis you might consider cutting that out - empty calories. Your weight will drop and your teeth will thank you. I used to drink 2-4 sodas daily - since cutting back to one every week or two I dropped about 40 lbs in 4-5 months. As stated earlier - exercise is probably a better answer - the more muscle mass the more calories your system burns on its own.

I've gained weight 3 X in my life, once at age 13, once at 39 and recently. Never for more than about 2 years. I am a large, powerful Scot, mostly DNA wise, and we tend to pudginess as a survival power. The worst was recently when I was at 300 lbs for about one year after being totally fit and ripped from workouts at 225 for near 10 years. I am now 225 again but need some re-conditioning. I lost it thru fasting a number of times, and portion control. In VS out and discipline

I'll also say if you cut too much red meat out of your diet you'll get weak, and you will also not burn as much fat due to muscle loss. Meter all that you take in, and weigh yourself every day at the same time (I do it when I shower, nekked)

I'm 100% Scot. 3rd Generation born here. There is a TON of Norse blood in there. The Vikings genetic contribution made us enormous people.

6'8" and 300 pounds right now, working toward the 240-250 mark. Wont be in the same shape I was in the service, but at least I'll be lean. Of course the BMI charts still say that is too heavy for my height, but I think that is a crock.

I'm 100% Scot. 3rd Generation born here. There is a TON of Norse blood in there. The Vikings genetic contribution made us enormous people.

6'8" and 300 pounds right now, working toward the 240-250 mark. Wont be in the same shape I was in the service, but at least I'll be lean. Of course the BMI charts still say that is too heavy for my height, but I think that is a crock.

Goodnight speed! 6'8? You play ball?

FWIW, this is what my wife and I ended up getting, Isopure Zero Carb. And yes we got the banana cream flavor. It is surprisingly tasty and dissolves extremely well in both water and unsweetened almond milk. We've got a little blender ball bottle we use to mix it up, but as soon as I get some frozen strawberry's I'll be using the blender and making a kick adz smoothie! The Amazon ad I linked it about 8 buck cheaper then GNC online were we got, but I have no comment on the reliability of the seller.

I too have about 20 lbs I have to lose. Check out forum.bodybuilding.com. The site is full of trolls and idiots, but there are users that has helped me so far lose 15 lbs. No supplements used, only 200mg caffeine.

Calculating Calorie Needs and Macronutrients **UPDATED** - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Pretty much this:
- Lift heavy and HIIT for cardio
- Calorie deficit
- Macro intake

Sometimes it feels like I'm drowning in their BS, but it has worked for me.

Gross - but true ... lol .....

Twenty years ago I tried to do a Richie Cunningham - drank 72 beers (not fully 12ozs!) after eating a steak. Had such bad alcohol poisoning and a hangover that I was crawling to a toilet for two days. On the second day I puked up the steak and you could still see the chew marks.

I always heard that steak just sits into your stomach and colon forever and that grossed me out. I've only ate maybe a lb or two of steak since then. Been responsible for the death of a lot of chickens, tunas, and salmons though.

Thought about actually going Vegan a few times, but never went there. Two years ago I didn't even know what Kale was. Now I make a couple daily juices that would gag a maggot. Gotta do what I gotta do.

Gross - but true ... lol .....

Twenty years ago I tried to do a Richie Cunningham - drank 72 beers (not fully 12ozs!) after eating a steak. Had such bad alcohol poisoning and a hangover that I was crawling to a toilet for two days. On the second day I puked up the steak and you could still see the chew marks.

I always heard that steak just sits into your stomach and colon forever and that grossed me out. I've only ate maybe a lb or two of steak since then. Been responsible for the death of a lot of chickens, tunas, and salmons though.

Thought about actually going Vegan a few times, but never went there. Two years ago I didn't even know what Kale was. Now I make a couple daily juices that would gag a maggot. Gotta do what I gotta do.

Burt. I have a question. Your response will probably be mine, if I were in your shoes.
Anyways. My buddy said juicing can slow down the weight loss hing, cause your body isn't burning calories digesting the food if it were in the nature state, versus blended up. Thoughts?

Well I am not a nutrition expert and I don't claim to be one.

All I know is that I tried every short cut and trick and the only way I could lose the weight was juicing. To prevent myself from gaining weight again (I draw the line at 220lbs) I still juice one meal a day and it is working.

I don't see a whole lot of calories burned digesting a cucumber whole vs a juiced one.

Back when I used to work out at a gym four days a week if I knew more about nutrition then I would have not needed to waste so much time working out.
I would work out, get very hungry, and then eat like a starving wolf.

When you first started juicing did you eat any solid food? If you did an all juice diet, how long did you do it? I've read juicing is good for some autoimmune diseases but I worry if I can handle an all juice diet.

...All I know is that I tried every short cut and trick and the only way I could lose the weight was juicing. To prevent myself from gaining weight again (I draw the line at 220lbs) I still juice one meal a day and it is working...

Look at the ingredients. If it has water retention ingredients (as some do) it'll force your body to take on water so weight loss will be at a slower.. Or at least until you find one that doesnt have those water retaining ingredients. Eggs and lean meat do wonders. Your first meal of the day can be the largest, make your last meal the smallest but work out right before you gear down for the evening. Cardio both right as you get up and right before you sleep keep your metabolism going all day, along with clean burning lean foods.

For me paleo diet is good for weight loss and even helps a little with autoimmune disease. I'm looking for a diet that would help even more with AD.

My wife, her sister, and I have been following the Jorge Cruise Belly Fat Cure diet. It is a low carb low sugar diet and it is working great and I have way more energy and my wife and her sister do too. My wife's sister started it off and since it was working for her, my wife tried it and then as it was working for her I have been doing it. My wife has lost 30 lbs in 8 weeks and I have lost 26 lbs in 6 weeks. I've lost 7.5 inches and she has lost 9 inches (waist) so far.

It is fairly simple. 6 servings of carbs a day (each serving is between 5 and 20. 21 would count as 2). So, approximately 2 servings for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner with a non-carb snack like some pepperoni or cheese in between. I do bacon sometimes as one of my snacks. Also, and this is one of the most important parts, you limit yourself to 15 grams of sugar per day. No more than that. It can be challenging but as you get used to it you find foods which fit into that. The sugar is the main problem as the extra sugar works against you with it working at converting things to fat. Now, I can't go into it all here but I highly suggest it. It has brought my blood sugar (I'm Type 2 Diabetes) under control (was 100 before I ate and 107 2 hours after). The sugar also is involved with the creation of the cholesterol plaque that remains in the arteries.

You can get the book on Amazon, or other places. It is fairly cheap too.

JAFO - you trust the paid-off, corrupt FDA to tell you what is healthy and what is not?

The same organization completely in the back pocket of the Pharms?

Not familiar with the term "alphabet gang?" The FDA is the last authority you should trust about how safe anything is, including Aspartame. To wit: Effexor and Prozac are good for you, but vitamins are dangerous and should be banned. Too sad people still trust these wholly-corrupt organizations.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top