JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure on here who cares to loose some weight, but I need to loose 20.
I'm working a low carb diet. I'm taking 100% whey drink for breakfest, with no food. Will this help or hurt my plan of loosing weight?

It depends on how vigorously you are working out. Too much protein can make you fat too. Dont got too low carb, go more whole grain. You get the good carbs that way. Plus lots of fruit and veggies. The biggest trick to losing weight is portion control and moving.

It depends on how vigorously you are working out. Too much protein can make you fat too. Dont got too low carb, go more whole grain. You get the good carbs that way. Plus lots of fruit and veggies. The biggest trick to losing weight is portion control and moving.

Yup, exercise is huge. I really like paleo, it has always worked well for me.

Speed is my life coach today. Lol!
Well, I'm an athlete. Love to run, but have a very busy life. Very stressful career, with wife and 4 kids. Very little workout right now. Just low carb and whey for breakfest. My wife makes crap loads of bake goods, and there damn good. That's out also.

I was in incredible shape in the military. When I got hurt, it really screwed stuff up. Very hard to exercise when your back and neck are all screwed up. I go to see the doc tomorrow, in fact, to see what I can do non-surgically to get rid of 50-60 pounds.

My thought was always, everything in moderation (food) and lots of exercise. Once you can think of food as fuel, it makes a big difference.

I did read up after you said to. It looks expensive. But so does low carb diets. It seems high carb foods are cheaper. Lol

Lol, yes it is quite expensive! Also its a pain because you have to shop more often. The price and annoyance is because so much of it is fresh stuff and meats. But feeling better is priceless! :s0155:

For weight loss, what you eat late in the day - last meal/evenings is more important than what you have for breakfasts.

Carbs early, no carbs late. No late night sandwiches, pizza, chips, etc.

Only eat fresh vegetables and meats after 4pm and you'll probably lose that 20 lbs in 90 days.

I lost 45 lbs in 2012 from eating more fruits and vegetables and less junk. 260 to 215. Now I stay at 215-220 just by not being foolish with food.

If you want to lose that 20 lbs absolutely, for sure, get into juicing veggies and fruits. Nothing works better.

As a general guideline, losing 2 pounds a week through diet and exercise is the norm. Anything more than that really isn't sustainable. Most unrealistic diet goals--like lose 10 pounds in the first week!--aren't the result of a healthy change in your lifestyle but are due to mostly water loss and you will gain it all back. Track you caloric intake (there's an app for that), otherwise you're just guessing. And walk 30 minutes or more a day.
It ain't rocket science, guys. If you're sitting in front of your computer all day eating 2,000 calories of mostly processed food and sugar a simple adjustment of minor exercise and cutting your calories should do the trick.
Really, your goal should not be to lose weight. Your goal should be your caloric intake--if you track your calories and you're at 2,000 per day, make your goal to eat only 1,200 calories. If you don't exercise, add a 30 minute walk twice a week. Those are realistic and reachable goals and losing weight will be the result.

Most of these supplement mixes contain Aspertame or a derivative.. deadly toxic stuff. Read your ingredients

I keep my weight down by regularly fasting, and controlling portion sizes. I once fasted for 9 days.. lost 10 lbs. It also builds discipline and dumps toxins

Also, no adult mammals except humans ingest milk products, it' just not healthy to regularly ingest it

Most of these supplement mixes contain Aspertame or a derivative.. deadly toxic stuff. Read your ingredients

I keep my weight down by regularly fasting, and controlling portion sizes. I once fasted for 9 days.. lost 10 lbs. It also builds discipline and dumps toxins

Also, no adult mammals except humans ingest milk products, it' just not healthy to regularly ingest it

Fasting is an interesting trend. You might want to google the 5:2 or 5-2 diet or "Alternate day fasting". It looks like it has some good health benefits.

It's important to try different things. We are all different and no one diet works for everyone. I eat almost no fruit. Lot's of high fiber vegetables, fats rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and moderate amounts of protein.

My wife can eat just about anything and never puts on weight. :(

Blitz speaks the truth.

"An Intermittant Fasting regime works, proponents say, because it aligns with our evolutionary history. Over the 250,000 years that Homo sapiens have been around, food supply has waxed and waned. We evolved to take advantage of this fact, building muscle and fatty tissue during times of abundance, then paring it back during lean ones. Fasting periods accelerate the clearing-out of waste left by dead and damaged cells, a process known as autophagy. A failure of autophagy to keep up with accumulated cellular debris is believed by many scientists to be one of the major causes of the chronic diseases associated with aging."

from Andrew Weil

The wife and I went low carb (no wheat) and low fat last October. I lost 30 pounds in about 2 months and she maintained. We've been on it now for about 6 months and have hit a wall. We were really bad with exercising, but now that spring is here, we are both back on it. We've also (since the beginning of April) have gone to a diet high in fat, moderate in protein and as low of carbs as we can make it. The only carbs we get are trace carbs in veggies, and we don't eat high carb (sugar) veggies. I will say craving wise, it's easier then low carb, low fat, but I sure miss a nice piece of toast or a cinnamon roll!

Wife's friend turned us on to the diet, she lost 56 pounds in a year, with no exercise. They call it the Ketogenic diet. I am not 100% sold on it, as I have high cholesterol as well, but I am going in to talk to my doctor on Wednesday and get her opinion. I figure with the working out, and the new diet, I can drop about 20 more pounds, then switch back to a more sensible diet and maintain. I just need to loose the excess.

Oh and FWIW, we use a carb free whey (or are going to use when it get delivered), low carb/no carb breakfast sucks after a while. Now granted, I am a fan of all things bacon, but everyday, it's kind of losing it's appeal. I'll post back with how I like it. Also, be careful of milk it has a surprising amount of carbs in it and there is a push by milk farmers to put even more sweeteners in milk.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top