JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been fasting the last couple of days and I'm less than 5lbs away from my weightloss goal. I was going to binge on junk for a couple of days after weightloss challenge was completed and then move on to eating on $3 a day challenge.

After letting all the lecturing on how important fruit and veggies are, soak in, I decided to spend the rest of October only eating Vegetables and Fruit as my staples. This may serve as a reverse diet tool to help restore my metabolism to a higher rate before I begin eating all the junk and carbs in November.

The guidlines for this mini challenge are to eat only vegetables and fruit (exceptions include corn and lima beans in mixed vegetables packs). I will allow all dressings, dips, sauces, broth and maybe even a little cheese, necessary to choke down the vegetables. I have some old (hopefully still good) whey based protein powder I will use to bolster my protein intake. I am not going to tie any financial limits to this mini challenge but I will be aiming for best values on produce I buy.

Hopefully the carnivores of NWFA don't come at me:)

Here are some handy charts that list best values for veggies. Potatoes are king of value and I will likely get most of my calories from them.

Your poor body must be so confused. Maybe a juice cleanse challenge should be next :p
Bodies have been through much worse.

1664871231501.png

Stay healthy!

Congrats on meeting your GOAL or getting VERY CLOSE to it!

Veggies, fruit, etc. are good for you just as much as protein is.

I do believe that a person needs some carbs in their diet too.

I believe in eating a WELL BALANCED DIET!

Exercise - walking, SWIMMING, etc. are good for you too.

You work nights if I remember correctly and IT is a hard thing for a lot of people HEALTH WISE.

SLEEP DEPRIVATION and/or living with a little sleep BY CHOICE which can be fine for some younger people but it CAN be harder for your body and body CLOCK as you AGE.

NO matter how much you try to FIX IT.

This goes for insomnia and LIVING and dealing with PAIN too. THIS depends on the INDIVIDUAL and is different for ALL people in all age groups. ETC.!

I believe in drinking PLENTY of water, some coffee, some tea and some hot water with honey alone or with honey and lemon in it too.

Some veggie and fruit juices are good for you too.

Do you take a good multi vitamin/mineral? I do.

I take aspirin (325mg. x 2 per day.) for my pain/arthritis/old flare ups from my horrific fall and lingering issues since I got OLDER (72 years old now.) and sometimes 4 per day PRN.

I am NOT on any Rx meds.

My husband IS on Rx meds and he has several health issues that are not to be taken lightly. Especially when he got OLDER. Genetics - HIS family history.

I figure to each their own when it comes to DIET and ALL other issues in their life.

I do NOT eat/drink expired food even if it 'looks' good because I do NOT want to risk it just to save money. Yes, I do know about DATES on specific foods. Canned or not canned.

Another thing, if a person's smell and/or taste is gone, OFF in various degrees where it was always SUPER HIGH in their 'senses' previously OR decreases as they AGE or due to ANY type of short or long term illness (MS, SINUS issues, allergies, due to an accident, etc.) - they CAN'T TELL if their OLD FOOD has turned bad with smell or taste or both even if they THINK that it looks 'good'.

I personally think that eating really OLD and outdated food is just NOT WORTH IT and very FOOLISH (Stupid!) when it comes to a person's HEALTH and well being.

WHY risk it? IT makes no sense and it IS dangerous in MY opinion. Yes, yes, and we all have OPINIONS. LOL

NO offense to those who totally DISAGREE with me. I can agree to disagree with you and hopefully vice versa.

Cate

Last Edited:
PS:

I did not reply to the other $3.00 thread to the best of my memory.

SOUP is good for you too!

Potatoes and sweet potatoes are good for you even if some people can only eat a LITTLE OF THAT or if they don't like them at all.

Cate

If I didn't do these challenges I would be joining my family members in the morbidly obese category.
Hello,

I did not know that. I wish you well.

Eating a well balanced diet with exercise is good for you.

I do KNOW and knew people who FASTED for their health and for religious reasons too.

They did BENEFIT from those FASTS physically and mentally from what I do REMEMBER - some of them are dead now due to OLD AGE and ones who are still alive.

There are various types of fasts and not just the one where you don't eat meat on Friday or give something up for Lent in several belief systems.

DISCLAIMER: I have done and still do some types of fasts or give up some food for my Christian belief system too. As a child and as an old lady. So did my family and CLOSE mentors.

Some of my NON Christian friends did and still do FASTS for their religion and HEALTH too.

I know someone who did the SOUP diet with tons of veggies and they ate some FRUIT on the SIDE in that specific diet too.

The soup did have some BROTH from meat (Beef, chicken, fish, clams, etc.) so they got some PROTEIN THERE.

Take care. I will pray for you and your health.

Sincerely,

Cate

Last Edited:
Catherine 1 nails it, well balanced diet and exercise.
^. This. Fad diets don't work and some are straight up unhealthy. A well balanced diet, no junk and/or chemicals, quality sleep, good mental health, and a total commitment to a vigorous, well thought-out, physical fitness plan (generally ) does.

Made my first produce grocery haul but I am still fasting so I won't eat any of it tonight.

For $19 I got the following which seems like a lot of food but calorie wise is probably pretty low.

1 head of green cabbage
1 bunch of celery
2 pounds of ready to eat baby carrots
4 medium gala apples
7 bananas
1.5lb bag of spinach
Two 10.5oz cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
Two 10.5oz cans of cream of celery soup.
Two 14.5oz cans of green beans

Last Edited:
I am a protein lover and have always wondered how the soy boys can even lift themselves out of bed.

This guy seems to be doing pretty well strength wise considering he is getting less than 7% of his calories from protein.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top