JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RE : Post #18
Videos of various Oat Meal dishes.

Thank You.
When I go on my self-imposed diet(s), I like my daily oatmeal with a little extra. Maybe, maple syrup or some dried fruit (available at WinCo) and coffee. But, I've usually thought of it only for breakfast.

Wow.....
Some of those suggestions in the videos could be a MEAL alternative.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....alternatively, I like "congee" (I like mine more to the mush/dry side). But, just add a little more water or chicken or beef stock........and viola. It's more like a traditional soup.

I am going to try some of those savory options for my dinner oatmeal. Spam might even work with some egg as oatmeal topping.

Thank You.
When I go on my self-imposed diet(s), I like my daily oatmeal with a little extra. Maybe, maple syrup or some dried fruit (available at WinCo) and coffee. But, I've usually thought of it only for breakfast.

Wow.....

Aloha, Mark

PS.....alternatively, I like "congee" (I like mine more to the mush/dry side). But, just add a little more water or chicken or beef stock........and viola. It's more like a traditional soup.

I am going to try a congee dish too. I think we have around 50lbs of rice in the house now.

Hey, NO. If you are going to do a real Cereal 1-week diet than make it just that only. I am curious. Going off to rice dishes because they are related somehow is a no go. If it didn't come out of a tall box with a rabbit or a baseball player on the front - or worse Tonya Harding - then I'm out as your supervisor (lol).

I am not cheering against you, like I said, most people can never even try something unique. They simply do not have any discipline at all. If you are willing to bend the rules before you even start then this experiment is void.

Thank You.

Wow.....

Aloha, Mark

My wife is from Singapore so she makes Congee, and other delicious items. But Singapore is by Malaysia and there is type of cooking called Nyonya Cooking.

https://www.nyonyacooking.com/

Her mother made Popiah, and Mee Siam which were so delicious. Her mom passed away on October 23, 2021. My wife tried to get there in time but her mom passed away before the flight left SeaTac for Singapore. May she Rest In Peace.

How do you milk an almond?
You need really small fingers.

Edit: or big almonds

1666317867033.png

Last Edited:
Hey, NO. If you are going to do a real Cereal 1-week diet than make it just that only. I am curious. Going off to rice dishes because they are related somehow is a no go. If it didn't come out of a tall box with a rabbit or a baseball player on the front - or worse Tonya Harding - then I'm out as your supervisor (lol).

I am not cheering against you, like I said, most people can never even try something unique. They simply do not have any discipline at all. If you are willing to bend the rules before you even start then this experiment is void.
I accept your resignation. If I am going to be eating mainly cereal grains for a week, I am going to leave open the option to accessorize them.

Corncobs have lots of fiber. If you eat them exclusively for five days, you will feel great. You just have to soak them in warm salty water for about six hours to soften 'em up. You should do that. I'll pitch in for the cobs and salt.

Freddys has smoking deal on malt o meal cereal. $1.29 a bag. Limit 5 bags. I picked up some 2.5lb acorn squash for a $1 each and 9 bell peppers yellow, orange and red for $3. I will be adding the squash into some hot cereal dishes. Maybe the peppers too.

Edit: not a bad deal on the bell peppers. This is $3 worth.

20221021_161141.jpg

Last Edited:
I don't eat much cereal, most of it is pure junk.

I do eat oatmeal though. One of my favs...

I'll dice up a Honeycrisp apple and throw it in the water that I bring to a boil, add the oat meal and cook then top it with a spoonful of brown sugar, cinnamon, a pat of butter, a handful Craisins and mixed nut and little homemade ginger syrup. :s0155:

ETA: Sometime I use peanut butter instead of the nut.

Last Edited:
Mmmmmm bacon wrapped bananas with nacho cheese sauce?
Nope.

Lemon juice
Hollandaise sauce.
Ham
Mustard
Bananas
Light cream

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR