JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Never heard of this until couple weeks ago. I guess it's similar same as Atkins diet? Anyway you eat same amount but eat less than 100 carbs per day. For me not much change first few days but after day 5-6 days I'm losing about 1 lb per day. And it's not water loss it's metabolism burning fat as fuel. Just passing along in case anyone interested. I don't know much about it other than the 100 carb per day thing. Seems to work.

A deficit of 3,500 calories equals 1lb of lost weight, conversely a pound gained.

"Move more, eat less" has worked since the dawn of time.

Never heard of this until couple weeks ago. I guess it's similar same as Atkins diet? Anyway you eat same amount but eat less than 100 carbs per day. For me not much change first few days but after day 5-6 days I'm losing about 1 lb per day. And it's not water loss it's metabolism burning fat as fuel. Just passing along in case anyone interested. I don't know much about it other than the 100 carb per day thing. Seems to work.
You won't keep up that pace. Losing a pound of fat a day is unrealistic and not a healthy goal even if it was possible. Likely you are losing a combination of water, fat and waste.

You won't keep up that pace. Losing a pound of fat a day is unrealistic and not a healthy goal even if it was possible. Likely you are losing a combination of water, fat and waste.
Depends. I lost 20# in a month, went from 175 to 155, but then again I was biking a boatload.

Depends. I lost 20# in a month, went from 175 to 155, but then again I was biking a boatload.
Oh its possible, but again its water, waste and fat. And it's not sustainable. Everyone loses a bunch right up front and gets all excited. Then after a few weeks reality sets in and the losses slow to a "normal" pace.

The downfall to Keto is most people gain it all back quickly once they go out of ketosis.

Oh its possible, but again its water, waste and fat. And it's not sustainable. Everyone loses a bunch right up front and gets all excited. Then after a few weeks reality sets in and the losses slow to a "normal" pace.

The downfall to Keto is most people gain it all back quickly once they go out of ketosis.
Yeah. I'm not a fan of the keto diet. It's much healthier to reduce the calories in and exercise.

I've done massive keto/carnivore/atkins diets in my life. (I love to eat and lift weights).
While it isn't healthy, I've lost about 80-100lbs about 4 times in my life.

The best, quickest and highest strength yielding diet has been the keto/carnivore/atkins diet.
After about 1 month once the actual ketosis process kicks in (for me) fat melts off at a rate (for me) of a pound every day to every two days (when paired with regular exercise, for me increased cardio). The best part, you are still eating about 4-6 small meals through the day and don't feel as fatigued as you do with a heavily restricted diet where you just eat less. I can consume far more protein per meal and feel satiated.

I'm a huge fan of this particular diet, currently on it now. I feel more energetic and I consume more protein than on a simple restricted calorie diet.
Inflammation goes down (due to a lack of normally consumed sugar and carbs) and energy (for me) drastically increases.

You will need to consume quite a bit of water each day for the process to properly work. Well fat loss in general. Muscle building and in this case fat loss both require quite a bit of water.

The best, quickest and highest strength yielding diet has been the keto/carnivore/atkins diet.
After about 1 month once the actual ketosis process kicks in (for me) fat melts off at a rate (for me) of a pound every day to every two days (when paired with regular exercise, for me increased cardio). The best part, you are still eating about 4-6 small meals through the day and don't feel as fatigued as you do with a heavily restricted diet where you just eat less. I can consume far more protein per meal and feel satiated.
Emphasis on exercise.

Burn more than what you eat. Losing a pound of actual fat a day requires a caloric deficit of 3000+ calories.....per day.

That is not a healthy way of doing it. Possible, yes but unhealthy. A pound a day should be nobody's goal for weight loss unless morbidly obese. And even then the plateaus are real.

Burn more than what you eat. Losing a pound of actual fat a day requires a caloric deficit of 3000+ calories.....per day.

That is not a healthy way of doing it. Possible, yes but unhealthy. A pound a day should be nobody's goal for weight loss unless morbidly obese. And even then the plateaus are real.
I went from 180 in early 2020 to 155 in two months from eating less and exercising more. The first 15 went fast, but the closer that your get to ideal, the longer it takes.

I went from 180 in early 2020 to 155 in two months from eating less and exercising more. The first 15 went fast, but the closer that your get to ideal, the longer it takes.
The first 15 were likely mostly water and waste. The last 10 was probably actual fat. :)

Bingo- You didn't gain it that fast. Long term results can happen slowly over time. 1-2 lbs a week is sustainable...ask me how I know.

My wife and I have been doing Keto for a couple years. She's lost just over a 100 lbs, I'm just under 100 lb loss. Works fantastically for us, we're sticking with it. Now that we're about what we want to weigh, we do enjoy the occasional splurge....but, honestly, it's been pretty smooth.

Emphasis on exercise.
Oh certainly, with enough exercise most diets work. When paired with ketosis even low impact 30 min walks burn the fat off pretty quickly.

I'm more of a lifter, so it has a steady rate of loss already, but when I add cardio in addition to the lifting the rate of fat burn is just silly fast.

I'm trying to live a healthy lifestyle. No more cheap cigars and whiskey for me, no sir!

Big lifestyle changes are called for. So im going all out, by moving up to the mid-grade stuff. :s0112: Beautiful day for a stogie! Wish I was out shooting.

CF4A3D56-3A48-476B-BD05-1213B6E1DCEE.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads