JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The bigger question. What are we doing as parents and as a society that's "breaking" so many of our youth?
This is what I don't understand. The problem seems to lie with the children that MY children would have raised. (had I had children, can't say I'm sorry I didn't, I would have most likely done a terrible job)
A large portion of this group of younger people "seem" to be off from what we were when we grew up. There is a serious lack of work ethic, from what I see. And a lack of communication skills that don't involve a cell phone.

Something to consider with any firearm law , ban , restriction , etc....
They are all reactive.....more importantly , they are reactive to the wrong set of people.

While the shooting in the OP ( or any other ) is horrific......
I and millions of other firearm owners , had nothing to do with it....And would never consider doing anything like it.
Yet , we are the ones who get stuck with following ( or not ) all of the current and future firearm laws , bans , restrictions , etc....
None of the existing 20,000 gun laws have stopped crime , like that in the OP from continuing to happen....
Why would yet more laws work....?

If you want the same results ....keep doing as you always have done.
If you want something different....then do something different.

None of the above is meant to take away from the dead or those suffering from crime like in the OP.
As I said...it is horrific.

Andy

Last Edited:
This is what I don't understand. The problem seems to lie with the children that MY children would have raised. (had I had children, can't say I'm sorry I didn't, I would have most likely done a terrible job)
A large portion of this group of younger people "seem" to be off from what we were when we grew up. There is a serious lack of work ethic, from what I see. And a lack of communication skills that don't involve a cell phone.
Humans are inherently lazy. We are now about 2 generations deep into kids raised by parents glued to gaming and social media instead of taking the kids out for a walk or bball or helping them with their homework or even just family time at the dinner table.

Humans are inherently lazy. We are now about 2 generations deep into kids raised by parents glued to gaming and social media instead of taking the kids out for a walk or bball or helping them with their homework or even just family time at the dinner table.
Very true! Sadly, this is what "family time at the dinner table" has become.

1701025985571.png

"like parent like child"
So, if the kids today are lazy, they were raised by lazy parents, right? And if those parents are lazy, well, their parents must have been lazy and so on and so forth. At some point there had to be a generation of parents that wasn't lazy but did a crappy job raising their children and started the feedback loop...

So, if the kids today are lazy, they were raised by lazy parents, right? And if those parents are lazy, well, their parents must have been lazy and so on and so forth. At some point there had to be a generation of parents that wasn't lazy but did a crappy job raising their children and started the feedback loop...
Yup. I would say it was my parents generation that dropped the ball. Not my parents. They did an amazing job and if I ever have kids I would hope I could be half as good as my parents were.

But it was their generation that started implementing the "trophies for everyone" and other negative mentalities (softening kids, punishment, etc.) that have morphed into what we have today. I think it was done with a good mentality/intention but it has created what we see today.

My quote is a very old one and not mine. These are general rules not hardline. Sometimes there are rebellious kids with otherwise perfect parents... not the parents fault. I know some millennials that are not lazy, I know some gen Z kids that are anything but lazy. There is hope. But I can say the majority of humans are lazy and it does seem to get worse in new generations.

Yup. I would say it was my parents generation that dropped the ball. Not my parents. They did an amazing job and if I ever have kids I would hope I could be half as good as my parents were.

But it was their generation that started implementing the "trophies for everyone" and other negative mentalities (softening kids, punishment, etc.) that have morphed into what we have today. I think it was done with a good mentality/intention but it has created what we see today.
About when this transition happened:
1701027695293.png

View attachment 1770064

From 1946... :rolleyes:
Nobody want to work anymore!!!!

apparently a phrase found scribbled by long dead people at many archaeological sites...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top