JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Watch this drone fire a gun

I would be very surprised if the ATF said either of theses was legal considering their stance on electronically activated firearms. They basically consider all such systems to be machine guns by default, as it would be trivial to program any such device to fire more than once for every pull of the "trigger" (i.e. the bit the user activates to cause the gun to fire, even if that device it remote). It does not matter if you have not configured your system to work this way, the inherent principle that you could unhook your control system and apply a pulsed signal to get the actuator to engage multiple times makes the entire system "readily convertible" in the eyes of the ATF. You would have to challenge and defeat that provision in court for any kind of electronic actuation or ignition system to be considered legal.

(yes, I know about muzzle loader electric ignition systems, they do not count by virtue of not having any ability to automatically reload once fired once, so it does not matter how many pulses you send to the ignition system, you are still only going to get one shot out of the gun. Presumably this would also be true of any single shot cartridge based system, like in a break action gun, but you would have to figure out a way to ensure any such system was not "readily convertible" to any repeating platform. I am not sure what provisions or design elements the ATF wold want to see in that regard, so good luck with that.)

I would be very surprised if the ATF said either of theses was legal considering their stance on electronically activated firearms. They basically consider all such systems to be machine guns by default, as it would be trivial to program any such device to fire more than once for every pull of the "trigger" (i.e. the bit the user activates to cause the gun to fire, even if that device it remote). It does not matter if you have not configured your system to work this way, the inherent principle that you could unhook your control system and apply a pulsed signal to get the actuator to engage multiple times makes the entire system "readily convertible" in the eyes of the ATF. You would have to challenge and defeat that provision in court for any kind of electronic actuation or ignition system to be considered legal.

(yes, I know about muzzle loader electric ignition systems, they do not count by virtue of not having any ability to automatically reload once fired once, so it does not matter how many pulses you send to the ignition system, you are still only going to get one shot out of the gun. Presumably this would also be true of any single shot cartridge based system, like in a break action gun, but you would have to figure out a way to ensure any such system was not "readily convertible" to any repeating platform. I am not sure what provisions or design elements the ATF wold want to see in that regard, so good luck with that.)
1707611003878.png

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR