JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Poor taste is not outlawed, sadly. ;)
Dont think its as much poor taste its the fact that you can do nothing to drown it out.. back int he oild days, you can turn your TV up, or shut the windows.. these days you got to deal with the constant boom.. boom boom.. no matter what you do.

its like Chinese water torture :mad:

Harleys annoy me way more than loud music... but you don't see me calling for a ban.
there's simply no way we're all going to live on this planet together and not annoy each other. life is a lot better when you just roll your eyes and get on with life, instead of letting others control your emotions.

There are thousands of things people do that others dislike. So what? Get over it. Live and let live. I don't like the smell of cigarettes or cow manure but I'm not gonna make a thread about it. :rolleyes:

I can here them from several streets over. Seems like no matter where you go they are all over. It's bad enough in town, but even at home it's annoying AF to hear boooom boom boom BOOOOOOM from these loud sound systems in cars. It's like people have no consideration for others. And apparently imposing your music and disturbing the quiet enjoyment of others homes is perfectly legal or at least if there is a law (some cities like Tacoma have laws against this) it is not enforced.

I can't WAIT to move to the country, though people always tell me there are loud aholes all over the place there too.

When you move to the country, are you going to get angry at loud tractors, hunters discharging firearms or wildlife howling at night too?

I just find it strange how people like to complain about things others do that they don't like yet they probably do things themselves that aren't liked by others.

Last Edited:
Harleys annoy me way more than loud music... but you don't see me calling for a ban.
there's simply no way we're all going to live on this planet together and not annoy each other. life is a lot better when you just roll your eyes and get on with life, instead of letting others control your emotions.
Freedom isn't supposed to be easy.

There are thousands of things people do that others dislike. So what? Get over it. Live and let live. I don't like the smell of cigarettes or cow manure but I'm not gonna make a thread about it. :rolleyes:

When you move to the country, are you going to get angry at loud tractors, hunters discharging firearms or wildlife howling at night too?

I just find it strange how people like to complain about things others do that they don't like yet they probably do things themselves that aren't liked by others.

There's a HUGE difference between some (what you get when a rose thorns stabs you) producing massive bass, on purpose, that travels for a block or more and is amplified buy the structure of the home and cow smell, tractors working, hunters firing a rifle for sight-in/making a kill or a coyote calling in the distance. Pretty silly comparison, like, apples and bricks.

Harley's, and some of these crotch rockets ought to be ticketed too.

These folks are the kind that drive 10 miles under the speed limit with no one in front of them and 5-20 cars behind them. The kind that will block a grocery store aisle with their cart and body and not give a bubblegum when someone approaches. I suppose my neighbor guy that lives next door and works 4-10s starting at 4:00am, with the dog that barks at all things, even me, any time of day or night should just ignore me firing up my pressure washer at 9:45 for 15 minutes 2-3 nights a week?

I have a nice system in my truck. No, I do not blare it in residential areas nor do I crank it up even at night if I'm near houses. Some of us enjoy a quality sound system without trying to disturb anyone. Hell I turn mine off before I even get close to my place to make sure nobody can hear me. That said, I don't believe that loud stereo systems should be illegal. Same as I don't believe guns should be illegal either regardless of idiot gun owners. Point being, making a broad statement like this thread title is short sighted and selfish IMO.

"Why are these annoying boom cars allowed?" is not any different than "Why are firearms allowed?".

Once aging, comparing interfering in people's peace and the right to keep and bear arms? And a loud sound system is very different than MASSIVE bass. I have an awesome sub woofer with my Yamaha surround sound system. I've tried cranking up the bass when I'm playing "music". I find it hard to believe anyone that runs bass like that really likes music, they like bass. I suggest they shove their bass up their butt. Maybe after they finished, shouldn't take long, they turn it off.

I'm never in favor of more laws than necessary, but some things are rude and obnoxious. If a person is reasonably considerate with how they do it, I have no problem whatsoever with loud music, or anything else. To each their own.

Many years ago when I lived out of town, a neighbor called me and asked that I not target shoot on a certain day, because they had a family get-together of some kind. Legally I was under no obligation but I did the neighborly thing and didn't shoot that day.

Even further back, a neighbor down the road asked my dad if he could not pump liquid manure through the field gun on a certain day. He was selling his property and having an open house. We complied with his request and kept the stink down. :)

Sometimes cidiots move out to the country and expect idyllic peace and quiet. That's just not reality unless you run out all the farmers and working people. A friend of mine had five boys on 30 or 40 acres. Between motorcycles, chainsaws, and guns, they were not particularly quiet, nor did they try to be. A long time neighbor not too far away sold his farm to a wealthy city dude, who seemed to think that because of his wealth and status he could impose his vision of what "peaceful country living" should be on all his neighbors. For quite a while, every single time the boys would be out back target practicing, a county deputy would show up. Every time he would tell them that because he got a call reporting gunfire and kids screaming, he was required to check it out. He would then say that they were safe and legal, and to enjoy their target practice. Every single time, the jerk neighbor would call the police. He never talked to them about it, just called the cops. :(

Added: now that I think about it, I believe he told me that after a half-dozen visits by a deputy, they got where they would call him on the phone and ask if his boys were target shooting again.

I'm never in favor of more laws than necessary, but some things are rude and obnoxious. If a person is reasonably considerate with how they do it, I have no problem whatsoever with loud music, or anything else. To each their own.

Many years ago when I lived out of town, a neighbor called me and asked that I not target shoot on a certain day, because they had a family get-together of some kind. Legally I was under no obligation but I did the neighborly thing and didn't shoot that day.

Even further back, a neighbor down the road asked my dad if he could not pump liquid manure through the field gun on a certain day. He was selling his property and having an open house. We complied with his request and kept the stink down. :)

Sometimes cidiots move out to the country and expect idyllic peace and quiet. That's just not reality unless you run out all the farmers and working people. A friend of mine had five boys on 30 or 40 acres. Between motorcycles, chainsaws, and guns, they were not particularly quiet, nor did they try to be. A long time neighbor not too far away sold his farm to a wealthy city dude, who seemed to think that because of his wealth and status he could impose his vision of what "peaceful country living" should be on all his neighbors. For quite a while, every single time the boys would be out back target practicing, a county deputy would show up. Every time he would tell them that because he got a call reporting gunfire and kids screaming, he was required to check it out. He would then say that they were safe and legal, and to enjoy their target practice. Every single time, the jerk neighbor would call the police. He never talked to them about it, just called the cops. :(

Added: now that I think about it, I believe he told me that after a half-dozen visits by a deputy, they got where they would call him on the phone and ask if his boys were target shooting again.

YUUUUP!

I have had neighbors like that in the city. They want the benefits of boldness without the risk of interaction. Go knock on their door and be polite. Won't cost you anything and they might even answer the door. If they do you may both gain something. Or at least you may get to watch them go all Karen. :D

Once aging, comparing interfering in people's peace and the right to keep and bear arms? And a loud sound system is very different than MASSIVE bass. I have an awesome sub woofer with my Yamaha surround sound system. I've tried cranking up the bass when I'm playing "music". I find it hard to believe anyone that runs bass like that really likes music, they like bass. I suggest they shove their bass up their butt. Maybe after they finished, shouldn't take long, they turn it off.

I was making a simple comparison about calling for things to be banned or outlawed simply because someone doesn't like it.

And I agree that a QUALITY system is different from one put together just to rattle fillings out of teeth.

I don't like any notion from anyone that something should be illegal because they don't "like" it.

To those that listen to loud music with their windows down, I've found rolling coal will assist them in closing their windows...too soon?

Rude is just rude.

Should we legislate against rude behaviour???

IDK. I guess it depends on what society determines is beyond the pale. We do have laws about disturbing the peace, domestic disturbance, loud mufflers (who didn't like to rap their open pipes when we was young(ish)).

I don't want more laws, but perhaps existing law could be used. I'd start with a simple, polite, but firm request to my neighbor. Just the threat of that made his houseguests knock it off. You never know.

I do have the right to complain. And if I want to vent to my friends on a forum/board, they have choices they can make too!!

Virus.JPG

Rude is just rude.

Should we legislate against rude behaviour???

HELL NO. We don't need more laws, let alone laws based on feelings. We have a political party already pushing their "feelings are more important than facts" mentality. We don't need .gov to regulate our lives. Rude is subjective.

In fact, I think @bbbass and @DB is Here posts are rude. Does that mean they should be regulated, outlawed or otherwise?

J/K guys, but I hope you see my point. I think smoking cigarettes anywhere near me is rude, I think kids yelling curse words at each other in public is rude. I think all the "karens" driving around in their Yukons complaining about everything is rude. But I sure as hell don't think we need any new laws to stop it. What I think is rude is surely completely ok to someone else. Make sense?

No YOU"RE rude. :p;):D:D:D

HELL NO. We don't need more laws, let alone laws based on feelings. We have a political party already pushing their "feelings are more important than facts" mentality. We don't need .gov to regulate our lives. Rude is subjective.

In fact, I think @bbbass and @DB is Here posts are rude. Does that mean they should be regulated, outlawed or otherwise?

J/K guys, but I hope you see my point. I think smoking cigarettes anywhere near me is rude, I think kids yelling curse words at each other in public is rude. I think all the "karens" driving around in their Yukons complaining about everything is rude. But I sure as hell don't think we need any new laws to stop it. What I think is rude is surely completely ok to someone else. Make sense?

I don't want more laws, but perhaps existing law could be used. I'd start with a simple, polite, but firm request to my neighbor. Just the threat of that made his houseguests knock it off. You never know.

Prude, rude, crude, not nude though :s0001: Lol. A crew here which drew critics, may be shrewd but are not lewd, and need to shoo away new laws, who knew?
We gotta pay our dues, its our cue, and comes the hue and cry for less regulations ; tis true that is.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top