JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I always wonder about the people the turn up the bass to the point that their cars rattle all over. The music by itself is one thing but a rattling car is one of those most irritating things on the planet... do they actually enjoy that?
^^^ THIS!!! ^^^

The funny hting is.,. how long this has been going on.. Bubblegum, i remember the thumping systems when i was in high school back in the late 80's. Every car/truck had to be slammed so it had to go over a speed bump at an angle or get stuck and they all had to have the biggest set of woofers that could fit.

I always wonder about the people the turn up the bass to the point that their cars rattle all over. The music by itself is one thing but a rattling car is one of those most irritating things on the planet... do they actually enjoy that?
I remember in high school, there were just starting to be stereo competitions. Late 80's. The richest kid in school had a black/gold Trans Am that had a massive system in it. The bass absolutely destroyed what little body integrity that F-body had. He literally had trim pieces that would fall off when he started cranking the stereo.

I can here them from several streets over. Seems like no matter where you go they are all over. It's bad enough in town, but even at home it's annoying AF to hear boooom boom boom BOOOOOOM from these loud sound systems in cars. It's like people have no consideration for others. And apparently imposing your music and disturbing the quiet enjoyment of others homes is perfectly legal or at least if there is a law (some cities like Tacoma have laws against this) it is not enforced.

I can't WAIT to move to the country, though people always tell me there are loud aholes all over the place there too.
Pretty sure it's a gas mileage thing, just like all the loud exhaust morons say.

The behavior described herein is exhibited by hicks in Junkers where I reside. Sometimes I think the booming sound is a primordial advertisement for crank. On weekends the cacophony is brought to a crescendo by hoards of cloned two wheel riders, each competing for loudest exhaust system. They leave the brew pubs seemingly half crocked in a rush of insanity. And, sadly the Monday morning paper lists the latest fatality in the contest between two wheels and four. And the beat goes on, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!!!

Last Edited:
What did you say...??? o_O
Speak up, man, so I can hear ya...

Both of my personal cars have fairly loud systems in them, including subwoofers and good amplification.

Generally, I will turn down the music at a stop or going through streets that are in neighborhoods.
However, I intentionally turn it up under the following circumstances:
-When I'm near ANY Prius. I try and see if I can shake THEIR mirrors also. I hate Prii.
-When I'm near any car that has a Biden/Hillary/BLM/LGBTalphabet sticker on it. For extra good measure, I play the rap music that incessantly drops the n-bomb as much as possible to make those people as uncomfortable as possible.
-When I'm in my own neighborhood. I live in an HOA and they made me cut a tree down, now they get to hear and feel my bad taste in music.
-When I'm in an area frequented by snowflakes, I will play the rap music that drops n-bombs as much as possible. Having a white guy listen to n-bomb-every-3rd-word rap music puts their virtue signalling on check.

I generally don't like most people and I don't mind if they get offended.

Both of my personal cars have fairly loud systems in them, including subwoofers and good amplification.

Generally, I will turn down the music at a stop or going through streets that are in neighborhoods.
-When I'm near ANY Prius. I try and see if I can shake THEIR mirrors also. I hate Prii.
-When I'm near any car that has a Biden/Hillary/BLM/LGBTalphabet sticker on it. For extra good measure, I play the rap music that incessantly drops the n-bomb as much as possible to make those people as uncomfortable as possible.
-When I'm in my own neighborhood. I live in an HOA and they made me cut a tree down, now they get to hear and feel my bad taste in music.
-When I'm in an area frequented by snowflakes, I will play the rap music that drops n-bombs as much as possible. Having a white guy listen to n-bomb-every-3rd-word rap music puts their virtue signalling on check.

Priceless! Especially this one:

That'll show 'em! :p

Years ago I had a cruiser style bike with a fairly large V-twin in it. One day the insert fell out of one of the pipes (rusted - my fault). Before I got it replaced I happened to be next to some guy in a ratty car playing that Mexican music that sounds like a calliope. It's kind of pleasant if you don't turn it way up. He had it turned up and his window down right next to me. So I brought the bike up out of idle, probably about 2000 RPM and drowned him out. His solution was to turn it up some more. Not a viable solution. I run it up to 4500 and now it sounds like a monster truck race. :D He turns his bubblegum down and rolls up the window. I drop the bike back down to idle. I see some motion in my mirror and it's a guy in the car behind me laughing his bubblegum off pounding the steering wheel. :)

I'm getting perilously close to the half century mark and I still have very good hearing. I attribute it to a couple things:
1. Always using hearing protection at work and at the range.
2. My lifelong dislike of loud music.

I know a lot of you all are judging me right now for the latter. I can't help it, it's just who I am. I think I've been to three concerts in my life, and absolutely hated them- WAY too loud and crowded, couldn't wait to leave. At times I feel like I'm missing out on something in life that everyone else seems to enjoy.

Everyone processes sound differently. And noise sensitivity is a real thing. It's called, "Hyperacusis." :)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews