JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Everyone processes sound differently. And noise sensitivity is a real thing. It's called, "Hyperacusis." :)

No, I don't think that's my issue; I just don't care for loud music. I've worked around loud noises and machines all my life. When I was younger it never dawned on me to wear ear plugs when running a chain saw. A couple hours with a saw and my ears were ringing. At some point as an adult I came to realize that ear plugs are a wonderful invention. I also have four kids. I'm quite used to loud noises on a daily basis. :)

I think my problem with loud music is my lack of appreciation of music in general. I like music, some kinds more than others, but for the most part I can take it or leave it. It just doesn't do much for me, never has. This is something that I really DO feel like I'm missing out on. The vast majority of people really enjoy music at a level that I've just never been able to understand. Maybe there's some kind of medical explanation for that.

Notice how nobody plays the sound of music with heavy bass. Or Les Miserables. Because it's not "tough" or some bull honkey. And of course those who've ever had a sound system playing such tasteful music as discussed must defend the position. Because it's all about..... The lady bits

Notice how nobody plays the sound of music with heavy bass. Or Les Miserables. Because it's not "tough" or some bull honkey. And of course those who've ever had a sound system playing such tasteful music as discussed must defend the position. Because it's all about..... The lady bits
Because I'm all about dat bass, 'bout dat bass, 'bout dat bass. Naw treble. :)

judging by the Q&A, some people are using it as a deterrent
I think this is what I need for my new neighbors and their late-night-and-well-into-next-morning pool parties...

judging by the Q&A, some people are using it as a deterrent
The reviews on it are not good. 20% 1 star reviews is pretty bad for Amazon. Also the link you posted goes to go<dot>skimresources<dot>com. That sounds kinda creepy.

The reviews on it are not good. 20% 1 star reviews is pretty bad for Amazon. Also the link you posted goes to go<dot>skimresources<dot>com. That sounds kinda creepy.
That's too bad, cuz this thing appears to be just the ticket for my current issue with my new "neighbors", who are anything but...

That's too bad, cuz this thing appears to be just the ticket for my current issue with my new "neighbors", who are anything but...
There is no "brown note" but with enough SPL any bass note can make your innards feel funny. I've witnessed this with a subwoofer the size of a chest freezer and a 1000 watt amplifier. It was kind of cool for a minute or two. :)

Sound Pressure Level
Thank you. I'm not an audiophile, and AcronymFinder.com has almost 100 possible listings for me to sort through...

Although, after learning from you what SPL means, it turns out that's the top answer in AF's Science and Medicine category. :cool:

My newest neighbors, old guy sports commentator from Phoenix that doesn't bother to take care of his yard, has guests living with him. I had hoped it was just for summer, but they are still here.

Lately, the guests' car has been coming into the cul-de-sac (we live in a 55 n older neighborhood) with super loud bass booming out. Then for some reason they leave it in the driveway running with that crap on full blast/thump. Hey, azzholes, I'm trying to watch TV again this evening!!!

So eventually, I go outside all the way out to the street and give them my best "Get off my lawn" type glare. When I get their attention, I tell them I want to talk to the owner of the property. They roll their eyes and say he's inside. I repeat, when they see him, they need to tell him I want to talk to him. They turn down boomer and leave... haven''t had a problem since. I'd turn them in, file a nuisance ordinance complaint, but our lil city is terribly uncaring about stuff like this.

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

My newest neighbors, old guy sports commentator from Phoenix that doesn't bother to take care of his yard, has guests living with him. I had hoped it was just for summer, but they are still here.

Lately, the guests' car has been coming into the cul-de-sac (we live in a 55 n older neighborhood) with super loud bass booming out. Then for some reason they leave it in the driveway running with that crap on full blast/thump. Hey, azzholes, I'm trying to watch TV again this evening!!!

So eventually, I go outside all the way out to the street and give them my best "Get off my lawn" type glare. When I get their attention, I tell them I want to talk to the owner of the property. They roll their eyes and say he's inside. I repeat, when they see him, they need to tell him I want to talk to him. They turn down boomer and leave... haven''t had a problem since. I'd turn them in, file a nuisance ordinance complaint, but our lil city is terribly uncaring about stuff like this.

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The last neighborhood I lived in had these kinds of problems also.
I found out that there is a noise ordinance that takes effect later at night, but PD doesn't enforce very often.
To make matters worse, some of those guys would drive their cars fast and loud (ricer cars) through the 20mph neighborhood. So, the HOA installed speed bumps. Which made things worse, the ricer cars would slow down with aggressive downshifting to make as much noise as possible, then they would gun it to the next speed bump and repeat the process several times until they got to their mommy and daddy's home where they lived in the basement.

My newest neighbors, old guy sports commentator from Phoenix that doesn't bother to take care of his yard...

Probably doesn't know how. Grass yards are rare down there. This was my yard in Arizona...

KkEHRcRRSY6I6GDW1wRA6A.jpeg

I was in a bank recently and some dillweed was out in the parking lot booming away.. someone said to no one in particular, "Why do people do that?", and I said loudly, through my mask, "Because he has a very small penis.".

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews