JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I take issue with this assessment... In my worldly experience, it is the Subaru WRX that magically turns otherwise nice, normal drivers into extreme asshats...
To be fair, I've driven a few WRX's and they are great fun to drive like an asshat. Especially in low traction environments but really, everywhere. It's like a little gocart with doors and an insane amount of traction. :)

If anybody can find me a vehicle with say the cargo space of the 1st gen Explorer or the F150 based Bronco XLT of the 80s, that gets say 25mpg, and can be had in 4x4, is reliable and has newer baby seat anchor loops, and comes with a 5 or 6 speed manual, please direct me to it ;) :rolleyes:

If anybody can find me a vehicle with say the cargo space of the 1st gen Explorer or the F150 based Bronco XLT of the 80s, that gets say 25mpg, and can be had in 4x4, is reliable and has newer baby seat anchor loops, and comes with a 5 or 6 speed manual, please direct me to it ;) :rolleyes:
Asked and answered... :D
Unimog.jpg
Unimog is your huckleberry...

Asked and answered... :D
View attachment 768575
Unimog is your huckleberry...
I'd love that actually :D too bad the ones in the US are... way outta my price range :(

Well. My price range is pretty much $3,000 maximum with 3 year payment plan to my father <_< Kia's 05-2010 Sorento is close but not as spacious as the XLT Bronco... on the other hand, an Expedition sized SUV with 5-6 speed might be fine if it has a diesel. But those are pretty much unobtanium :rolleyes: I do know that someone was able to get 24-25 highway MPG with a turbodiesel 6.2L GMC Suburban from the 1980s; using CUCV axle and maybe a 5 speed?

I take issue with this assessment... In my worldly experience, it is the Subaru WRX that magically turns otherwise nice, normal drivers into extreme asshats...

We call 'em "flat-bills".
The VW GTI also has a "flat-bill" community.
I used to own a GTI....great car, didn't really like the attention from flat-billers!
Oh man, the WRX/STi guys would really give the GTI guys the stink eye!

Lol, you guys crack me up with the loud pipes gripes!
Have a listen to my big block Challenger some time or my 4.4 liter V-8 Alfa, nuff said!
I do agree, the raspy 4 banger coffee can fart pipe exhaust sounds stupid, but my Spitfire 4 banger on a true Ansa Exhaust is like audio eroticism! :D:p
And just wait till I get the new motor built and installed, joygasism!

As to the sound systems, it's one thing to have a good system the can play sharp and clear, and quite another to shake the licence plates, I much prefer a system that can hit the entire range with out any distortion or mutedness!

Lol, you guys crack me up with the loud pipes gripes!
Have a listen to my big block Challenger some time or my 4.4 liter V-8 Alfa, nuff said!
I do agree, the raspy 4 banger coffee can fart pipe exhaust sounds stupid, but my Spitfire 4 banger on a true Ansa Exhaust is like audio eroticism! :D:p
And just wait till I get the new motor built and installed, joygasism!

As to the sound systems, it's one thing to have a good system the can play sharp and clear, and quite another to shake the licence plates, I much prefer a system that can hit the entire range with out any distortion or mutedness!
I for one would love to hear that 4.4 liter Alfa. :)

Or any V8 Challenger for that matter.

We call 'em "flat-bills".
The VW GTI also has a "flat-bill" community.
I used to own a GTI....great car, didn't really like the attention from flat-billers!
Oh man, the WRX/STi guys would really give the GTI guys the stink eye!

You're talking about those hats right? I know it is completely unhinged but whenever I see a flat billed baseball cap, I feel vaguely pissed off.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews