JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are no "Smart guns" .... but there should be smart gun owners...
I like the hackers quote in the article :
"Misplaced trust is worse than no trust at all."

Relying on a gizmo or gadget to provide for you and a your needs , without developing the skills to do so yourself is a losing proposition.
Andy

The only people who think smart guns are a good idea are anti-gunners. The only people that would buy them, anti-gunners. So why bother with all this crap? No self-respecting gun owner would pay a cent for unreliable tech that is likely to fail at the moment you need it most. Dead batteries, misplaced watch, electronic component failure - way too much to go wrong.

When it comes to guns, simple mechanical operation is best. If you can't be trusted to own a regular gun, you shouldn't have one of these either.

I see the company making this particular gun filed for bankruptcy 2 years ago and has been unable to find a single distributor in the US that will take these on. They can keep their Euro trash techie guns on that side of the pond.

The only people who think smart guns are a good idea are anti-gunners. The only people that would buy them, anti-gunners. So why bother with all this crap? No self-respecting gun owner would pay a cent for unreliable tech that is likely to fail at the moment you need it most. Dead batteries, misplaced watch, electronic component failure - way too much to go wrong.

When it comes to guns, simple mechanical operation is best. If you can't be trusted to own a regular gun, you shouldn't have one of these either.

I see the company making this particular gun filed for bankruptcy 2 years ago and has been unable to find a single distributor in the US that will take these on. They can keep their Euro trash techie guns on that side of the pond.

Gotta love how you always tell it like it is!! :D

Tells me all I need to know about the editors of this piece. That super "loud" .22!

IMG_8016.jpg

I was wondering if that was a .22. They didn't mention caliber in the article (or I missed it), but the barrel was definitely not 9mm/.380

Maybe in Germany the caliber debate was settled and all you need is .22 to stop any threat :rolleyes:
There's no mistaking that magazine.

IMG_8022.PNG

Thats like OHHH wait mister bad guy my pistol isn't done uploading the new software!! Please wait so I can shoot you!

And the best part is that Google, Apple, Microsoft and the Government know exactly where your gun is at all times.

Yeah, this is a brilliant idea :confused:

I'd love to go shooting with you guys today but I can't. Still waiting for Apple (or Microsoft) to release OS 2.0 for my new pistol so it works again.

Crap, what T&C's do you agree to for the update?? "Owner promises to not fire this gun at another human or any animal and only at government approved ranges using government targets"

F me - they would actually do that crap! :eek:

There's a reason why so many tools are still strictly mechanical. They work, reliably. The ones that didn't are collectors pieces because of their scarcity.

Antis and dumb people, the kind if it didn't have such a safety, they or their children would be Darwin recipients.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews