JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
AR14?

At that point, I couldn't listen any further...

It was worth it -- the dude makes the point that rifles are rarely used in crimes, yet they want to ban rifles. That fact alone makes it clear that the ban attempts are cynical -- they won't solve the problem so of course they'll come back again for another round of banning later. And they know it. It's their freakin' game plan to get to total confiscation.

Biden is an idiot. He has been lucky to be a senator and vice president because neither position has any real accountability.
He will poop the bed as a president and would be lucky to serve out his term, either getting impeached or stroking out long before 2024.

Honestly, it is slowly dawning on me that this next race will be between Trump and whoever is selected as Biden's VP.

I appreciate the guys enthusiasm and sac, but I think getting into a debate with Biden should have been an easy home run instead of a base hit like that guy hit. I'm pretty sure most of us could have destroyed Biden in a gun debate and left him drooling in his pudding.

Two issues -- Biden is facing the mic so it is hard to hear the guy in the hat and easy to hear Biden. Secondly, Biden is like a WordBuldozer. You get in front of that and you'll get squashed -- not in a losing the argument way, just in that there is no way into that word salad high volume diatribe.

EDIT: three issues: he has security and aides all around trying to stop him and the constituent from having a discussion. I suspect it is much harder than it seems to have a conversation with Joe.

Of course when Biden said AR-14, he made an error. No doubt he meant to say, 15, the ubiquitous rifle that's everywhere. Anybody's guess as to how he got the number wrong except for just general confusion, pressure of the moment, etc.

But it got me to thinking, the original Armalite did make a number of less famous designs. I hadn't known that there was an AR-14. As already pointed out here, a semi-auto centerfire sporting rifle. I was aware of the little AR-7 survival rifle, a friend of mine had one way back in the middle 1960's. I remember seeing the AR-180's in the 1970's, made in Japan. Of course the original AR-10 is pretty well known.

One time about 20 years ago, I was in a local pawn shop and they had taken in two AR-17 semi-auto shotguns. They looked like Remington 1100's all dressed up for Christmas, with brown plastic stocks and gold anodized aluminum receivers. They weren't expensive; I don't know how rare they are but they are the only ones I've ever seen.

Whats wrong with voter ID?

Whats the barrier to voting that comes from having to show ID to register to vote?
Thank you for asking. While Voter ID may seem like a good idea to many, the issues are as follows:
1) Each state decides what the voter ID may be, which could harm those who may spend a lot of time in that state (college kids), could involve not allowing PO Boxes (see North Dakota where all Native American reservations only have PO Boxes and not street addresses and therefor are unable to vote now), or we can go into 'perfect match' issues like in Georgia where if your name or address is spelled incorrectly (this includes punctuation) you could be denied the vote right there even if you are registered.

Next comes #2 which of course is the big one, the constitutional one, and that is a poll tax. That's of course the 24th amendment which I can imagine in this forum the constitution plays a big role being 2A (and even a young lil liberal like me is pro 2A like many Democrats are). ID's are not free, they are not easiest to obtain, and then that follows even further into the laws of registration, purging, etc. Michigan in 2018 was a huge player in updating their laws to make sure same day registration, re-districting to non-partisan districting, spoiling primary ballots due to dropped candidates, etc. But Michigan is also the biggest player on why Voter ID is not a necessity as it is not required and has had zero voter impersonation convictions (which is the law that Voter ID would fix.

Again, I'm not telling you it doesn't happen. It does. but on a scale so low that it is not a factor (right now at .0000044% since 2000, or 4 per general election). Now voter ID laws on the other hand effect THOUSANDS of people. So you have to ask yourself the simple question : Do I implement Voter ID and stop THOUSANDS of legal votes to stop 4 illegal? Or do I come up with another way to try to stop the illegal votes because again... the punishment of 5 years (plus any other crime they committed) for voter impersonation fraud is not really worth it, to cast a fake vote.

Word for word from the 10th debate

"In addition to that, I passed the Brady Bill with waiting periods. I led that fight. But my friend to my right and others have in fact also given to the gun manufacturers absolute immunity. Imagine if I stood here and said we'd give immunity to drug companies. We would give immunity to tobacco companies. That has caused carnage on our streets. 150 million people have been killed since 2007 when Bernie voted to exempt the gun manufacturers from liability. More than all the wars, including Vietnam, from that point on."

And

Direct quote from whataburger on March 5

"And by the way, this guy (points at Beto O'Rourke) can change the face of what we are doing here, with regard to guns, assault weapons, with regard to dealing with climate change. And I was just warning Amy (points at Amy O'Rourke) 'If I win, I'm coming for him'(points to Beto O'Rourke)"

If O'Rourke is the gun czar he said, "Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47.

I am, if it's a weapon that was designed to kill people on a battlefield. If the high-impact, high-velocity round, when it hits your body, shreds everything inside of your body, because it was designed to do that, so that you would bleed to death on a battlefield and not be able to get up and kill one of our soldiers.
When we see that being used against children, and in Odessa, I met the mother of a 15-year-old girl who was shot by an AR-15, and that mother watched her bleed to death over the course of an hour because so many other people were shot by that AR-15 in Odessa and Midland, there weren't enough ambulances to get to them in time. Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47. We're not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore."

When people tell you what they're going to do, believe them.

"Take the guns first, go through due process second"

If any of the opposing Parties have the cojones, the guts, and any scruples ti lose, they ought to run ads with just the line "you're full of ××××"... and imply/state that this is how the candidate's Party views the average American Voter ;):s0136::s0136::s0136:

Machine guns illegal???? I guess joe "bite-me" has never been to Knob Creek!!!!
About that. I don't think they know enough about guns to know that lots of people CAN buy machine guns and honestly we should NOT get this on their radar. If I'm in an argument and someone says we can't get machineguns I don't want to give them their next cause to fight.

About that. I don't think they know enough about guns to know that lots of people CAN buy machine guns and honestly we should NOT get this on their radar. If I'm in an argument and someone says we can't get machineguns I don't want to give them their next cause to fight.
FOPA 1986's Hughes Amendment effectively banned post 1986 Machine Guns from unlicensed civilians :rolleyes:

And apparently only special FFLs can transfer post 1986 MGs to either military or law enforcement

Want to get the antigunners into a recursive mind explosion? Ask them why the police should be allowed to be afforded military guns and equipment. :rolleyes::s0108::s0064::s0136:

Did you all hear today that Rep. Jim Clyburn (D - S.C.) wants the DNC to cancel all future Dem debates with Bernie Sanders so Biden doesn't say anything else stupid that can be used against him?

FOPA 1986's Hughes Amendment effectively banned post 1986 Machine Guns from unlicensed civilians :rolleyes:

And apparently only special FFLs can transfer post 1986 MGs to either military or law enforcement

Want to get the antigunners into a recursive mind explosion? Ask them why the police should be allowed to be afforded military guns and equipment. :rolleyes::s0108::s0064::s0136:
There's plenty of pre 86 machine guns to buy. They cost a bomb but people can get them in most states. Letting antis know it's even a possibility might make you smarter than them, knowing what they don't, but it's going to be a disaster if they find out how many are legally owned.

... could involve not allowing PO Boxes (see North Dakota where all Native American reservations only have PO Boxes and not street addresses and therefor are unable to vote now) ...

So change the law. Or name the roads.

... Next comes #2 which of course is the big one, the constitutional one, and that is a poll tax. ...

Provide basic ID free. Problem solved.

... ID's are not free, they are not easiest to obtain

Your White Man's Burden is showing -- better zip it up before the cows get out. (EDIT: see also: White savior - Wikipedia)

On that same point:

... Michigan in 2018 was a huge player in updating their laws to make sure same day registration, re-districting to non-partisan districting, spoiling primary ballots due to dropped candidates, etc. But Michigan is also the biggest player on why Voter ID is not a necessity as it is not required and has had zero voter impersonation convictions ...

So they make it easy to just walk in and vote without any indication of whether that person is a citizen or has the right to vote and you cite as proof of how good the system is, a lack of convictions? Questions: how many people are tasked with investigating? What are the consequences (real world, not statutory) if a person is busted? What investigative protocols do they use? I can tell you how it is easy to get ZERO convictions -- just look at shoplifting in Seattle -- totally not a problem right? No convictions.

On that note, here is an interesting story. First, the heartwarming NPR version:

Bummer about the publicity though:

-----

Look, I'm a liberal too (not to be confused with Democrat) but let's be honest here -- people are capable of getting IDs -- it ain't rocket surgery. Voting is incredibly important and my vote should not be diluted -- to do that is take away MY fundamental rights and give them to someone who doesn't have those rights. You have to have a lot of gall to argue THAT is OK.

Secondly, Biden is a piece of crap in every single way imaginable. I sincerely hope that once he is coronated, the illiberal minded cesspool called the DNC publicly implodes in internicine bickering and backstabbing. It's high time for whatever comes next.

Last Edited:
I looked at the video very closely, and was very surprised to not see George Soros there? He was probably using the men's room.:rolleyes:

So change the law. Or name the roads.

While North Dakota claims that tribal IDs qualify under its law, most tribal IDs do not have a residential address printed on them. This is due, in part, to the fact that the U.S. postal service does not provide residential delivery in these rural Indian communities. Thus, most tribal members use a PO Box. If a tribal ID has an address, it is typically the PO Box address, which does not satisfy North Dakota's restrictive voter ID law. In both the primary and general election in 2014, many qualified North Dakota tribal electors were disenfranchised because they only had a tribal ID.

Provide basic ID free. Problem solved.

I agree, but that'll never happen

So they make it easy to just walk in and vote without any indication of whether that person is a citizen or has the right to vote and you cite as proof of how good the system is, a lack of convictions? Questions: how many people are tasked with investigating? What are the consequences (real world, not statutory) if a person is busted? What investigative protocols do they use? I can tell you how it is easy to get ZERO convictions -- just look at shoplifting in Seattle -- totally not a problem right? No convictions.

Well you'd have to be at the right precinct, registered, and you sign an affidavit stating you are who you say you are. Can't speak on Seattle shoplifting. Glanced at a few articles. Interesting to say the least. But you know there is a problem with shoplifting in Seattle. In voter impersonation there is no proven problem to the extent that I'm sure there is less voter impersonation in the country than things shoplifted in Seattle.

Look, I'm a liberal too (not to be confused with Democrat) but let's be honest here -- people are capable of getting IDs -- it ain't rocket surgery. Voting is incredibly important and my vote should not be diluted -- to do that is take away MY fundamental rights and give them to someone who doesn't have those rights. You have to have a lot of gall to argue THAT is OK.

But it's already being done by other voter suppression laws. It may not be diluting your vote, but it's obviously changing how much your vote matters. In some states it's a lot more complicated than just 'getting a new ID', and some states require a state ID even if you may be a dual resident like a student who spends 9 out of 12 months in the state. The 'cure' of voter ID doesn't resolve the disease that is voter impersonation. It happens. Nobody is denying that. But to a scale so small that adding more barriers will only hurt more legal voters (and as you said, voting is incredibly important)

Secondly, Biden is a piece of crap in every single way imaginable.

Not going to argue that.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top